Thread: First Annual KCCHIEFS.COM Awards (wrote it myself!)

Default First Annual KCCHIEFS.COM Awards (wrote it myself!)

By Callum Byrnes-krickl

January 19, 2010

This year is the first of many where KCCHIEFS.COM will be awarding the Comeback Player of the Year, the Role Player of the Year, the Breakthrough Player of the Year. the Offensive Player of the Year, the Defensive Player of the Year and the Rookie Of the Year. I think it’s great that there are now all these awards being handed out at the end of each season. Well anyway, here are the awards and who won them:

Comeback Player of the Year – QB Brodie Croyle

Role Player of the Year – OL Wade Smith

Breakthrough Player of the Year – RB Jamaal Charles

Offensive Player of the Year – RB Jamaal Charles

Defensive Player of the Year – CB Brandon Flowers

Rookie of the Year – K Ryan Succop

I’m especially glad that Jamaal Charles won Breakthrough and Offensive Player of the Year and that Ryan Succop was the Rookie of the Year, they are probably my two favorite players right now. Well that’s what I have to say about it.

NOTE: I will be writing a lot more of my own articles from now on so everyone doesn’t just see the same things on my site as they do on KCCHIEFS.COM

Very well done Aussie!! Sometimes I forget you're as young as you are, as you're so very mature with posting and well written!

Someday when you're a famous sports journalist I'll be telling my grandkids...I knew him before he was famous!

I'm happy Charles & Succop won the awards too, as they definitely earned them!

BTW...what time difference are you in Austrailia? How did you become a Chiefs fan?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Very well done Aussie!! Sometimes I forget you're as young as you are, as you're so very mature with posting and well written!

Someday when you're a famous sports journalist I'll be telling my grandkids...I knew him before he was famous!

I'm happy Charles & Succop won the awards too, as they definitely earned them!

BTW...what time difference are you in Austrailia? How did you become a Chiefs fan?
    Thanks again Connie Jo!!! I think Australia is about 17 hours ahead of KC right now (usually I think its 15 hours but right now we have daylight savings and KC doesn't)

I think its great that KCCHIEFS.COM is awarding players for their performance now!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Thanks again Connie Jo!!! I think Australia is about 17 hours ahead of KC right now (usually I think its 15 hours but right now we have daylight savings and KC doesn't)
    I remember sitting in a bar in Australia watching Monday Night Football on Tuesday morning at 10:00!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I've always wanted to visit Australia, but doubt I ever will. Even if I could afford to travel internationally, which I can't of course...I'm a big chicken when it comes to flying over the ocean especially, and being that far from home intimidates me too.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~