Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dorsey to Lions?

Default Dorsey to Lions?

Of course this is all skepticism, but here it is from Rotoworld.com:

Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski believes the team "might make a play" for Chiefs DL Glenn Dorsey this offseason.
    Dorsey was drafted by K.C. when current Lions DC Gunther Cunningham ran the Chiefs' defense. Dorsey would also be a better fit in Detroit's 4-3 scheme as a three technique tackle. He hasn't been productive in the Chiefs' 3-4.
    I'm not sure if I like this. Obviously it depends a lot on what we would get in return, but I wouldn't imagine it would be a ton (though it does free up a nice chunk of money with his top 5 draft pick salary off the books). I thought Dorsey was starting to come around in the 3-4 last season though. Our run D was noticeably better when he was not injured. I'm just worried that our sad D-Line is going to get even worse if we were to trade him. Obviously we can address this in the draft, but we again gamble on another rookie Dline. If this does happen, I think we have to address the DE position via free agency.

Is this just another example of Pioli dealing out "Herm's" players or do you think it's worth trading Dorsey?

I would be open to hear the reasoning/compensation for a possible move on Glenn Dorsey. He hasnt made the impact that his paycheck demands in terms of cap space. Then again with the uncapped year, lots of things could happen.

Wouldn't Detroit rather sit around and hope that STL doesn't draft SUH?

Also, McCoy seems to be hyped as a possible pick for Detroit as well....That being said, I think Dorsey is way too valuable for our Run D..

If the GM were drunk I'd say... Dorsey for Calvin Johnson...straight up :-)

I saw that as well. That blurb is BS. We got killed by Jerome Harrison without Dorsey. He as productive as anyone we have on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

I'm not sure if I like this. Obviously it depends a lot on what we would get in return, but I wouldn't imagine it would be a ton (though it does free up a nice chunk of money with his top 5 draft pick salary off the books). I thought Dorsey was starting to come around in the 3-4 last season though. Our run D was noticeably better when he was not injured. I'm just worried that our sad D-Line is going to get even worse if we were to trade him. Obviously we can address this in the draft, but we again gamble on another rookie Dline. If this does happen, I think we have to address the DE position via free agency.

Is this just another example of Pioli dealing out "Herm's" players or do you think it's worth trading Dorsey?
    Skepticism or speculation???

I dont thin Dorsey will be moved this is just rumor.

I think it would be a very bad idea to create another hole in our defense.

And, for the record, I don't think anyone is "productive" as a 3-4 DE. If they are, then the defense is probably broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

What I put in bold says it all.

I think that quote is from someone who doesnt know much about our team. Wasnt Dorsey one of Haley's "Core" players? 3-4 DEs arent supposed to get great statistics, so I dont know what he is talking about not being "productive."

It would be a step back to deal away Dorsey. He played well in our system. I hope this is some Detroit beat writer's wet dream.

Dorsey did not play in the Clevland game. So I think that should give an idea as to how imprtant he is.
    Chiefs in 2011

this writer is not just making this stuff up.there is some truth to this. I have been telling you the lions want to move down and would like to swap picks with the chiefs. The lions believe the player they have targeted will be available at the # 5spot . That is what it said. 3 days ago before this came out. Look my info about the lions is coming from a source in Detroit
    (Brother inlaw ) you guys think i am crazy but I don't think think the chiefs will be drafting at the #5 spot. WE ALL KNOW SUH LOOKS GOOD IN RED

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast