Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets fan arrested.

Default Jets fan arrested.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqd_5fC7ZI"][/ame]***Edited by Chiefster***

I can't figure out why, even bolts fans were pleading that there was no reason for him being arrested.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 01-18-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Wow, that appears to be a bunch of Shyt! Although, who knows what he might have done Off the camera.

The Cops were just angry Dolts fans probably.

Resident Celebrity

Maybe they considered him intoxicated in public, of which there are ordinances against in most cities...and they felt he was at high risk for creating a fight, especially under the circumstances of emotions no doubt running high with a Chargers loss? Hell, I dunno...sure seems wrong with no more than what the video is showing.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I dont think he would have been arrested had he done nothing wrong. The police that were there were probley Chargers fans thats true but if they arrest a guy for no reason then they will probley lose there jobs. I dont think they would risk loseing there jobs just becuse there team was loseing and there was a fan of the winning team. But without video of the whole deal then you never do no.

I Googled to see if there was any more news related to why this man was arrested. So far the theory seems to be...

Some nearby Charger fan(s) reported him, complaining he was drunk and obnoxiously taunting and inticing Charger fans as a result. Also, complained he was distracting them from watching the game. There is an ordinance in San Deigo against drunken public behavior, which appears to be what the cops used as their initial reason for arrest. Although speculation at this point, some reports are that the man was also charged with resisting arrest once the cops began to arrest him on the drunk in public charges.

Based upon what I've read so far anyway...it appears a Charger fan(s) sore over the Chargers being behind, appearing to lose...took it out on a gloating Jet's fan by complaining to stadium security/cops. No doubt security/cops are Charger fans too, but as to whether or not the one in charge making the decision to arrest allowed bias to interfere...well, only he/they know that for sure, and wouldn't admit if so.

If the guy is/was proven intoxicated, right or wrong...he broke the law according to ordinances. Some of the old laws/ordinances on cities books are very outdated for current society, and guidelines for arrest not clearly defined... leaving a very large window for such laws to be misinterpreted, or taken advantage of.

The way I see it...as long as someone drunk isn't hurting anyone else or themselves in any way...they shouldn't be breaking any law simply because they drank too much and are enjoying their sports team doing well. A team and fans of, which have not had the same level of success by comparision to that of San Diego, no doubt elevated the guy's excitement. Judging from the video, I don't think the guy was intentionally taunting or inticing anyone...I think he was simply overjoyed his under dog Jets were winning.

Edit PS: I also read on one journalists blog report...that enticing a possible riot was a possibility for the man's arrest, but again...all speculation at this point.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-18-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: addition to comment

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I dont think he would have been arrested had he done nothing wrong. The police that were there were probley Chargers fans thats true but if they arrest a guy for no reason then they will probley lose there jobs. I dont think they would risk loseing there jobs just becuse there team was loseing and there was a fan of the winning team. But without video of the whole deal then you never do no.
    I thought it WAS the whole deal! The Cheers for his team, The Opposing fans are alright with it (and they actually explain that he wasnt doing anything bad) and he still gets arrested. If nobody say he did anything what can he possibly be arrested for? He cant be arrested for disturbance cos he wasnt disturbing anyone!

Shows how smart the SDPD is....

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I Googled to see if there was any more news related to why this man was arrested. So far the theory seems to be...

Some nearby Charger fan(s) reported him, complaining he was drunk and obnoxiously taunting and inticing Charger fans as a result. Also, complained he was distracting them from watching the game. There is an ordinance in San Deigo against drunken public behavior, which appears to be what the cops used as their initial reason for arrest. Although speculation at this point, some reports are that the man was also charged with resisting arrest once the cops began to arrest him on the drunk in public charges.

Based upon what I've read so far anyway...it appears a Charger fan(s) sore over the Chargers being behind, appearing to lose...took it out on a gloating Jet's fan by complaining to stadium security/cops. No doubt security/cops are Charger fans too, but as to whether or not the one in charge making the decision to arrest allowed bias to interfere...well, only he/they know that for sure, and wouldn't admit if so.

If the guy is/was proven intoxicated, right or wrong...he broke the law according to ordinances. Some of the old laws/ordinances on cities books are very outdated for current society, and guidelines for arrest not clearly defined... leaving a very large window for such laws to be misinterpreted, or taken advantage of.

The way I see it...as long as someone drunk isn't hurting anyone else or themselves in any way...they shouldn't be breaking any law simply because they drank too much and are enjoying their sports team doing well. A team and fans of, which have not had the same level of success by comparision to that of San Diego, no doubt elevated the guy's excitement. Judging from the video, I don't think the guy was intentionally taunting or inticing anyone...I think he was simply overjoyed his under dog Jets were winning.

Edit PS: I also read on one journalists blog report...that enticing a possible riot was a possibility for the man's arrest, but again...all speculation at this point.
    Its a football game. They sell beer. Every person I have ever seen drunk is obnoxious.

It's not like he was starting fights as far as we know. The Chargers fans were even sticking up for him, so obviously he wasn't doing to much to piss anyone off.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well, I guess we better not attend a Chiefs game in dolt stadium. Because we will all get locked up! Wonder how much that will cost the dolts, if anything. But good to know that you can wear your teams gear, but do not dare to cheer for them, or to the slammer you go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast