Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Are there any loyal Chiefs remaining?

Default Are there any loyal Chiefs remaining?

Even during the Free Agency era, once upon a time there were Chiefs players that were as true to the Chiefs team as we diehard fans are. Some have left the Chiefs of their own free will, others not. To name a few over the years that bled red and gold:

Derrick Thomas (RIP)
    Neil Smith
    Tony Gonzalez
    T-Rich
    Priest Holmes
    Kimble Anders
    Will Shields
    Dave Szott
    Tim Grunhard
    Kevin Ross
    Dan Saleaumua
    John Alt

Those listed above were personalities of which it wasn't 'always' about the money for them to stay a Chief. Yeah, Tony G. bailed for a shot at a SB, but I believe he's still true to the Chiefs in heart, so he's included. I'm wondering though, are there any on the current roster of which have the personality potential to stay a Chief out of loyalty, assuming they're not cut/traded of course?

It's kind of sad really, to think the days of players remaining with the Chiefs for most of their careers may not return. It appears to be that way throughout the NFL, with exception of star QB's of course, and becoming moreso each season. Times of change I suppose.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I think a better question Connie is: Are there any remaining athletes who are loyal to any organization? Whether it be basketball, football, or baseball, i do not see any true loyal athletes anymore. Players will go to where they are going to be the most comfortable and make the most money.
    Steve Yzerman is a Redwing through and through... although I guess he did temporarily leave for Team Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Steve Yzerman is a Redwing through and through... although I guess he did temporarily leave for Team Canada.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Neil Smith and T-rich were not signed when they became unrestricted free agents by Queen Carl!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678