Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A.Magee to replace Dorsey?

Default A.Magee to replace Dorsey?

You think Magee is capable of starting on a 3-4 DL next season? These Dorsey trades are starting to get me worried....

a.) dorsey isn't exactly a perfect fit in a 3-4 scheme. Magee and Jackson were the no.1 and no.2 at the position coming out of college respectively....

hmmm... it will be interesting to see what happens.

(croses fingers to keep Dorsey)

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    What about Gilberry? That guy did a better job filling in at DE and NT than Magee. I want Dorsey to stay too, but that entirely depends on what someone is going to offer for him!
    More of a situational pass rusher. Gilberry's too small to help on 1st and 2nd downs. He's only like 265 lbs or something like that. He's definitely been a great find for 3rd down situations though!

I think Dorsey will be here and although I like Alex Magee but he is not ready. Dorsey is getting much better, especially against the run, so we need to hold on to him. Hopefully Jackson shows strides this year and that would help out Dorsey quite a bit.

I've heard they were going to trade Dorsey for Turk McBride of the Detroit Lions... J/K...

I think he'll stick around unless if Pioli and Co. decide to throw a curve ball and trade him hoping to get Suh or McCoy to play the 3-4 DE

Not going to happen. Dorsey is Suh except with a couple years of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobcrack View Post
    Not going to happen. Dorsey is Suh except with a couple years of experience.
    I hope he turns out that way. I think Suh might end up a little better. But Its to early to no that for sure.

i think this trade rumor thing may be Dorsey's idea. Apparently he isnt happy playing a 3-4 end... he wants to play in a 4-3 perhaps? please stay glenn, i love you...

Link sir?

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i think this trade rumor thing may be Dorsey's idea. Apparently he isnt happy playing a 3-4 end... he wants to play in a 4-3 perhaps? please stay glenn, i love you...

I think it is just wishful thinking by the Lion's fans, seeing how they have Gun up there and they think that is the tie that gets it done.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    Link sir?

Here you go MDChiefs! Middle of the second paragraph it says neither the Chiefs nor Dorsey are happy with the results of him switching to 3-4....

Detroit Lions Still Interested In Glenn Dorsey | KC Chiefs Blog

it doesn't say he is the one who wants to be traded, and i didn't mean to imply that either.... but it isn't too far out of the question to assume Dorsey isn't happy playing 3-4 end... i just hope he stays a Chief at the end of the day :) I think he is going to be a great player for us if so...
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 01-24-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Here you go MDChiefs! Middle of the second paragraph it says neither the Chiefs nor Dorsey are happy with the results of him switching to 3-4....

Detroit Lions Still Interested In Glenn Dorsey | KC Chiefs Blog

it doesn't say he is the one who wants to be traded, and i didn't mean to imply that either.... but it isn't too far out of the question to assume Dorsey isn't happy playing 3-4 end... i just hope he stays a Chief at the end of the day :) I think he is going to be a great player for us if so...
    Not sure who wrote that blog article, but either they have some insider info, or they dont pay attention to what the Chiefs have said publicly in press conferences.

Todd Haley on Glenn Dorsey being one of the team's "Core" Players:
    Glenn Dorsey is another guy that has made tremendous strides. I think that was evidenced by the fact that when he was missing for most of that Buffalo game and the Cleveland game that coincidentally they were games that we struggled versus the run. Glenn is a guy who made great progress after coming in to the off-season not looking like we wanted him to look. All these guys I’m talking about have critical off-seasons coming up and Glenn is one of those.
    He spoke of Dorsey along with guys like Flowers, JC, and Hali.

It sounds like we were pretty happy about his play ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12