Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for that number five pick?

Default Who do you like for that number five pick?

With the fifth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft your Kansas City Chiefs Select:

A: Eric Berry
    Safety, JR 5’11” 200 lbs. University of Tennessee
    Strengths: Vision, instincts, reliable hands, reflexes, speed

B: Russell Okung
    Offensive Tackle Oklahoma State Senior
    6’ 5” 301 lbs
    Strengths: Size, build, pass blocking, strength

C: Dex Bryant
    6'2" 215 LBS Oklahoma State Wide Receiver
    Strengths: Above average height Good muscle definition
    Great hands

D: Rolando McCLain
    Inside Line Backer Alabama 6'4" 258 lbs
    Strengths: Able to play either the 4-3 or 3-4 defense middle or outside linebacker

E: Somone else (Enter name)

F: Trade out to get more picks

I think Claussen will still be available when our turn comes around and Cleveland will trade down with us to jump in front of Seattle for him. Remember, Cleveland has 11 picks in this draft so they could spare a few for their new franchise QB. So as it looks right now, I think we'll pick McClain at the number 7 spot in the draft AND have our third 2nd round pick!

For trading picks check out this site:
    http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm

It lists the point values for each draft position.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

D or bust. As nice as it sounds to draft Okung and just slide down the line, its not that easy. Nobody knows if he is going to come in here and dominate right away. He is going to go through the same rookie struggle that BA went through...and who is not to say BA might even struggle at OG? I realize he started his career at VA as a LG but the complaint about his inability to run block was still always there. Way too many uncertainties with that scenario. BA is still improving at playing LT, and even learning to play with proper technique and not rely on his exrta body weight. I think BA is going to be awesome next year

Personally I dont think there is any absoultely must for us at #5. The ideal scenario would be to trade back somewhere in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    The best part about being #5 is that there are lots of teams behind us that may draft or be interested in 1 of the top 2 QBs...since Seattle is right behind us :-)
    Yup, and a lot of new regimes in there too. And new regimes = new quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    D or bust. As nice as it sounds to draft Okung and just slide down the line, its not that easy. Nobody knows if he is going to come in here and dominate right away. He is going to go through the same rookie struggle that BA went through...and who is not to say BA might even struggle at OG? I realize he started his career at VA as a LG but the complaint about his inability to run block was still always there. Way too many uncertainties with that scenario. BA is still improving at playing LT, and even learning to play with proper technique and not rely on his exrta body weight. I think BA is going to be awesome next year
    Good point. Just look at LT Andre Smith from last year's draft. He was COMPLETELY dominant while playing at Bama and in the SEC no less. But he is a 2nd string RT for the Bengals. Just because someone owns the college ranks does not mean they're going to do well in the NFL. Especially not right away. If we draft any OL its got to be OG/OC. Anything else sets us back a year.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Trading down is always an option, but myself, I would be taking Okung if I were forced.

All of this changes after free agency though. If we pick up a couple of players then we are open to grabbing whomever.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

What we do in the FA market will determine how com petive we are next year. If we rely on the draft alone, Pioli would have to hit a home run on every pick from rd1 thru rd 4 and the history of the draft says that probably won't happen.
    Vern is correct in that Okung would be the safest pick at #5. At the very worst he would be an upgrade at RT.

I couldn't disagree more. Okung is the best LT in the draft, but he's not someone like Jake Long, Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace. You have 2 very talented and unique defensive players available and you have to pick them up. Okung is not unique or more talented than any other tackle prospects. These guys will be just as productive: Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, Charles Brown, Jason Fox, Trent Williams or Brian Bulaga. Besides that, I like Albert and watching some film from the second half of the season, he did very well. Now, we know McClain is an elite LB, who's the next best linebacker? You're probably going to have to look it up. Okung is not elite and if he is an option for us to draft, I hope we trade down or that the Lions/Redskins draft him. He should be a third option at the No. 5 slot.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

You dont draft a RT with the 5th overall pick

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    You dont draft a RT with the 5th overall pick
    If you think the player is good enough you can draft any postion with any pick of the draft. Thats just how the draft works. No postion is off limits with the first pick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast