Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for that number five pick?

Default Who do you like for that number five pick?

With the fifth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft your Kansas City Chiefs Select:

A: Eric Berry
    Safety, JR 5’11” 200 lbs. University of Tennessee
    Strengths: Vision, instincts, reliable hands, reflexes, speed

B: Russell Okung
    Offensive Tackle Oklahoma State Senior
    6’ 5” 301 lbs
    Strengths: Size, build, pass blocking, strength

C: Dex Bryant
    6'2" 215 LBS Oklahoma State Wide Receiver
    Strengths: Above average height Good muscle definition
    Great hands

D: Rolando McCLain
    Inside Line Backer Alabama 6'4" 258 lbs
    Strengths: Able to play either the 4-3 or 3-4 defense middle or outside linebacker

E: Somone else (Enter name)

F: Trade out to get more picks

RT is a position you can pick up anywhere, unless your QB is left handed. Drafting a RT at #5 makes no sense. Historically, you just dont draft RTs that early.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If you think the player is good enough you can draft any postion with any pick of the draft. Thats just how the draft works. No postion is off limits with the first pick.

TIM TEBOW!!!!!,
    Just kidding, I say we take the best available player whoever that is.
    RIP My son. I will miss you eternally!!!

What do I want from the 5th pick?

A trade for a later 1st round, and an additional pick.

trade down a few spots and still get berry then Mcclain. if they arent available Okung will be..

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Good point. Just look at LT Andre Smith from last year's draft. He was COMPLETELY dominant while playing at Bama and in the SEC no less. But he is a 2nd string RT for the Bengals. Just because someone owns the college ranks does not mean they're going to do well in the NFL. Especially not right away. If we draft any OL its got to be OG/OC. Anything else sets us back a year.
    Alex Smith is only 2nd string because he broke his foot in August and sat out the rest of the season. This was after he held out longer than any other 1st rounder (except Crabtree). I'm sure he'll come in and be fine next year. But you're right, anyone can be a bust. Just Google "Tony Mandarich", the OT the Packers took one pick before Barry Sanders. I bet they're still kicking themselves for that one haha.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    What do I want from the 5th pick?

A trade for a later 1st round, and an additional pick.
    I think that is the best option for the Chiefs at this time. Unless a miricale happens and SUH is there Tradeing down would be best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that is the best option for the Chiefs at this time. Unless a miricale happens and SUH is there Tradeing down would be best IMO.
    It's probably Pioli's game plan also. Now if he can find someone to trade with, he'll have a great plan. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    It's probably Pioli's game plan also. Now if he can find someone to trade with, he'll have a great plan. lol
    lol Thats right you do have to have someone to trade with. I think its possible for a team looking for a QB to trade up to get one. But who nos. I cant wait for the draft.

I want to see what we do in the free agent market. There was an article on arrowheadpride a few weeks ago that listed the teams and/or games the chiefs had scouted. Pioli personally attended the NE/MO game as well as scouted Mass and BC. Anyway if you can find that article you get an idea of who they are enterested in.

For me it is Berry, Mcclain, or Okung then trade out. The reason I say this is our o line showed improvement and there are some decent oline we can use 2 of our second round picks on. Berry is a beast plain and simple and is already being compared to Ed Reed like ball skills McClain would give us a linebacker that could help free our picks from the last couple years to put more pressure and also help DJ play better and Okung is a good O line man but he is no Joe Thomas or ryan Clady The truth is though it is still too early to tell because we have to see what kind of moves Pioli makes at the beginning of free agency.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast