Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who do you like for that number five pick?

Default Who do you like for that number five pick?

With the fifth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft your Kansas City Chiefs Select:

A: Eric Berry
    Safety, JR 5’11” 200 lbs. University of Tennessee
    Strengths: Vision, instincts, reliable hands, reflexes, speed

B: Russell Okung
    Offensive Tackle Oklahoma State Senior
    6’ 5” 301 lbs
    Strengths: Size, build, pass blocking, strength

C: Dex Bryant
    6'2" 215 LBS Oklahoma State Wide Receiver
    Strengths: Above average height Good muscle definition
    Great hands

D: Rolando McCLain
    Inside Line Backer Alabama 6'4" 258 lbs
    Strengths: Able to play either the 4-3 or 3-4 defense middle or outside linebacker

E: Somone else (Enter name)

F: Trade out to get more picks

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I dunno... Okung is a 4 year starter at left tackle and has only given up something like 2 or 3 sacks through his entire career. Albert didn't even play LT, except in spot duty I believe.
    I am getting to this a bit behind but your correct Albert didn't play LT he was a natural Right Guard which is where I would love to see him next year. We pick up a LT with our #5 pick from any of these prospects:

1 Russell Okung Oklahoma St. 6-8 299 96
    Trent Williams Oklahoma 6-5 306 94
    Bryan Bulaga Iowa 6-6 311 93
    Charles Brown USC 6-5 285 92
    Anthony Davis Rutgers 6-5 328 91

Then use the 2 second rounders for defensive needs.After that it depends on who is available.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    For me it is Berry, Mcclain, or Okung then trade out. The reason I say this is our o line showed improvement and there are some decent oline we can use 2 of our second round picks on. Berry is a beast plain and simple and is already being compared to Ed Reed like ball skills McClain would give us a linebacker that could help free our picks from the last couple years to put more pressure and also help DJ play better and Okung is a good O line man but he is no Joe Thomas or ryan Clady The truth is though it is still too early to tell because we have to see what kind of moves Pioli makes at the beginning of free agency.
    Got to agree with you bigpoppachief. Of course it all depends on what we do in free agency before the draft and who's available at #5, but if Berry's there IMO you gotta take him. He can come in day 1 and start for us and be a playmaker, which we've been dying for on defense since Jared Allen got traded. I'll trust in Pioli ultimately, but if Berry's as good as everyone's saying he is and he's available we better be taking one heck of a player over him.

Man its great to be excited about the Chiefs in January!!

I would love to see us get a couple of picks and trade out of the number 5 pick honestly, but I don't think anyone wants to pay top 5 money really. Ya know, I might get alot of feedback on this, I've seen us pass up a chance to get players such as Aaron Curry and fans say "That guy coulda been here" well, yes but that doesn't mean he would've done the same thing in KC. Curry played well at the 4-3 LB. I would've loved to see him here too but we really just didn't have the DL to let him succeed. Maybe we get Eric Berry, maybe Mclain and maybe we trade back and get Iupati in the 1st and the TCU LB Washington. Big fan of him and that would give us some good quality picks in the second or third rounds where there is alot of quality players. Oh and by the way, I don't think we draft a RB, I think we sign a veteran such as Bell from NO or Leon Washington for NYJ. If Bell stays in NO, Bush or Pierre Thomas will be on the market and I'd take either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I would love to see us get a couple of picks and trade out of the number 5 pick honestly, but I don't think anyone wants to pay top 5 money really. Ya know, I might get alot of feedback on this, I've seen us pass up a chance to get players such as Aaron Curry and fans say "That guy coulda been here" well, yes but that doesn't mean he would've done the same thing in KC. Curry played well at the 4-3 LB. I would've loved to see him here too but we really just didn't have the DL to let him succeed. Maybe we get Eric Berry, maybe Mclain and maybe we trade back and get Iupati in the 1st and the TCU LB Washington. Big fan of him and that would give us some good quality picks in the second or third rounds where there is alot of quality players. Oh and by the way, I don't think we draft a RB, I think we sign a veteran such as Bell from NO or Leon Washington for NYJ. If Bell stays in NO, Bush or Pierre Thomas will be on the market and I'd take either of them.
    If this year is an uncapped year like it looks like it is going to be then i could see a couple of owners willing to spend a lot of money and move up. Jerry jones is just one that comes to mind. This is probely the best year to trade out of the top 5.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234