Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for that number five pick?

Default Who do you like for that number five pick?

With the fifth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft your Kansas City Chiefs Select:

A: Eric Berry
    Safety, JR 5’11” 200 lbs. University of Tennessee
    Strengths: Vision, instincts, reliable hands, reflexes, speed

B: Russell Okung
    Offensive Tackle Oklahoma State Senior
    6’ 5” 301 lbs
    Strengths: Size, build, pass blocking, strength

C: Dex Bryant
    6'2" 215 LBS Oklahoma State Wide Receiver
    Strengths: Above average height Good muscle definition
    Great hands

D: Rolando McCLain
    Inside Line Backer Alabama 6'4" 258 lbs
    Strengths: Able to play either the 4-3 or 3-4 defense middle or outside linebacker

E: Somone else (Enter name)

F: Trade out to get more picks

For me.. Berry, Okung, Trade, McClain, Bryant. In that order.

I should say I do like McClain a lot, but I don't know about taking a linebacker with the 5th pick of the draft unless I'm pretty confident he can be the top 3 or 4 players at that position in the league, which is how I feel about Berry.

I wouldnt mind any of the names given but I think it might be best to trade out. Theres no one there to me that stands out as a cant miss guy. More picks would give us more chances to address the needs that this team has.

Just a heads up... It's "DEZ" not "Dex"

I would go Okung or McClain ...before I go Berry. But ultimately, my choice would be McClain.

Berry is a fantastic football player but he's a very small guy.

5'11" 203lbs concerns me.

I know that Troy, Bob Sanders, and Ed makes a big difference when they're on the field but most undersized Safeties are always injured. For the 4 games that they play they're great and amazing but they miss 1/2 the season because of injuries.

Okung is solid but where the hell is Orlando Pace or Joe Thomas when we need them in the Draft. Many people aren't sure whether Okung will be that much better than Branden Albert... He seems solid but I have my doubts about him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    Okung is solid but where the hell is Orlando Pace or Joe Thomas when we need them in the Draft. Many people aren't sure whether Okung will be that much better than Branden Albert... He seems solid but I have my doubts about him as well.
    I dunno... Okung is a 4 year starter at left tackle and has only given up something like 2 or 3 sacks through his entire career. Albert didn't even play LT, except in spot duty I believe.

1) McClain 2)Berry or 3) trade down. I think those are the only options. Both these guys are defensive leaders and we really need that. Since LB are more important to a 3-4, I give McClain the nod. Even if we trade down, I still say we end up with him.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Sorry about that, it is Dez not Dex, but I wouldn't take him anyway!

Okung.

The best part about being #5 is that there are lots of teams behind us that may draft or be interested in 1 of the top 2 QBs...since Seattle is right behind us :-)

So let's say the top 4 picks go according to Mel Kiper Jr.

1. STL - Suh (best player available)

2. Detroit - McCoy (Next best DT available but they could Draft Dez Bryant here too ...j/k)

3. Tampa - Eric Berry (Looking for a Defensive Leader in the Ed Reed clone)

4. Washington - Sam Bradford (Jay Campbell isn't cut it)

5. Chiefs ***Perfect scenario to trade w/ another team who's interested in a QB since Seattle is right behind us.

So 4 out of the next 5 teams could be looking for their QB of the future in Jimmy Clausen or Bradford (whoever's left).

6. Seattle (5-11) - Matt Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger (turning 35 this season) and has been injured.

7. Cleveland (5-11) - Brady Quinn hasn't shown much and Anderson was a 1 year wonder

8. Oakland (5-11) - Should look for a new QB but Al Davis is too blind to see that JR isn't their future ...so No QB

9. Buffalo (6-10) - Trent Edwards had flashes of being an okay NFL QB... but they're probably looking for someone different.

10. Jacksonville^ (7-9) - David Garrard is a good player but not a franchise QB...serviceable but can't take you to the promise land (turns 32 this year which isn't too bad)

Next Set of Picks:

11. Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9) ** long-shot but...Who says Denver won't be looking for a QB either...Orton is just a band-aid and not the solution to their QB problem in Denver

12. Miami (7-9) - Are they convinced Chad Henne is their QB of the future?...I think they'll give him another year

13. San Francisco (8-8) - Can we officially call Alex Smith a Bust or are they going to give the guy another year?

So if we want to trade down, we better hope and pray that Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen or any other top QB prospect looks great and throws great.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    The best part about being #5 is that there are lots of teams behind us that may draft or be interested in 1 of the top 2 QBs...since Seattle is right behind us :-)

So let's say the top 4 picks go according to Mel Kiper Jr.

1. STL - Suh (best player available)

2. Detroit - McCoy (Next best DT available but they could Draft Dez Bryant here too ...j/k)

3. Tampa - Eric Berry (Looking for a Defensive Leader in the Ed Reed clone)

4. Washington - Sam Bradford (Jay Campbell isn't cut it)

5. Chiefs ***Perfect scenario to trade w/ another team who's interested in a QB since Seattle is right behind us.

So 4 out of the next 5 teams could be looking for their QB of the future in Jimmy Clausen or Bradford (whoever's left).

6. Seattle (5-11) - Matt Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger (turning 35 this season) and has been injured.

7. Cleveland (5-11) - Brady Quinn hasn't shown much and Anderson was a 1 year wonder

8. Oakland (5-11) - Should look for a new QB but Al Davis is too blind to see that JR isn't their future ...so No QB

9. Buffalo (6-10) - Trent Edwards had flashes of being an okay NFL QB... but they're probably looking for someone different.

10. Jacksonville^ (7-9) - David Garrard is a good player but not a franchise QB...serviceable but can't take you to the promise land (turns 32 this year which isn't too bad)

Next Set of Picks:

11. Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9) ** long-shot but...Who says Denver won't be looking for a QB either...Orton is just a band-aid and not the solution to their QB problem in Denver

12. Miami (7-9) - Are they convinced Chad Henne is their QB of the future?...I think they'll give him another year

13. San Francisco (8-8) - Can we officially call Alex Smith a Bust or are they going to give the guy another year?

So if we want to trade down, we better hope and pray that Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen or any other top QB prospect looks great and throws great.
    You make a fantastic argument for trading down. The combine will be HUGE to see how the QB's do. Right now the word on the street is that this isn't a very QB friendly draft, so we will have to wait and see. If they draft down, but not too far, then they possible still get McClain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast