Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History repeating itself.....Maybe.

Default History repeating itself.....Maybe.

In 1988, we drafted a DE. His name was Neil Smith. In 1989, we drafted a LB. His name was Derrick Thomas. The Chiefs went on to 6 straight post-seasons riding the defense anchored by these two.

FFW

In 2009, we drafted a DE. In 2010, we should draft a LB. Then of course we will be off to 6 straight post-season appearances!!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    The history of Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas is what we're referring to...that indeed is worthy of repeating itself! We had one of the greatest defense's in the NFL during their era!
    Your correct in saying that for that era we had the best defense but I would trade all of it for 1 World Championship.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Your correct in saying that for that era we had the best defense but I would trade all of it for 1 World Championship.
    We did have one, it's just been so long ago most don't remember it! hahaha I giggle, but realistically...it's NOT FUNNY!! :(

Personally...I wouldn't trade the moments of the 90's defense for one Super Bowl victory. I think of what we'd lose if that defense had never existed all those years...AFC West titles, playoffs, many historic record setting games...such as DT's sack record...the thrilling game moments!

There was so much Chiefs history made during that era. There are so very many memories throughout those years connected to my heart for life. I can include my trip to Canton this year to witness DT's induction. One SB Victory couldn't measure up for me personally, by comparison to all the memories as a result of the DT/Smith defense era.

I too want the memory of our Chiefs making it to, and winning another Super Bowl. I'll carry those memories in my heart for life too. I was only 13 when the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV, and though I did watch, don't remember much. I remember my dad's excitement more than anything else, after they won.

I want BOTH!!...the memories I have, and the memories to come related to our Chiefs making it to and winning another Super Bowl, as an adult this time round! It's gonna happen, I feel it!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

We did have one, it's just been so long ago most don't remember it! hahaha I giggle, but realistically...it's NOT FUNNY!! :(

Personally...I wouldn't trade the moments of the 90's defense for one Super Bowl victory. I think of what we'd lose if that defense had never existed all those years...AFC West titles, playoffs, many historic record setting games...such as DT's sack record...the thrilling game moments!

There was so much Chiefs history made during that era. There are so very many memories throughout those years connected to my heart for life. I can include my trip to Canton this year to witness DT's induction. One SB Victory couldn't measure up for me personally, by comparison to all the memories as a result of the DT/Smith defense era.

I too want the memory of our Chiefs making it to, and winning another Super Bowl. I'll carry those memories in my heart for life too. I was only 13 when the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV, and though I did watch, don't remember much. I remember my dad's excitement more than anything else, after they won.

I want BOTH!!...the memories I have, and the memories to come related to our Chiefs making it to and winning another Super Bowl, as an adult this time round! It's gonna happen, I feel it!

I remember SB IV as when it aired I was a bit older than you are and it was a great feeling. That is the reason I stated what I did. Sure all those great moments in history were some of the funnest times I have had watching football. From watching DT get all those sacks to Montana beating the Broncos with Elway in the last few seconds of Monday night football but, they all pale compared to the feeling of knowing our favorite team is the world champions. The best team in the world recognized by every player, coach, owner and fan of the game. We can't change history but the future can be used to achieve what we hope for and that would be winning that world championship again. I see it coming and I only hope I live long enough to have that feeling once again.
    Chiefs Nation

I say that same thing endzonewillie..."hope I live long enough"! It's been a long wait, hasn't it!? Every year at Super Bowl time my thoughts go towards the day as a fan I'll be planning a HUGE Chiefs Super Bowl party!

Heck, when I was drafting the blue prints for my 'empty nester house', which is the home I live in today...the main focus was the lower level, which I call 'The Chiefs Level'...the rest of the house plans & design followed those of the downstairs. As I was planning & designing the lower level...thoughts of someday hosting a Chiefs Super Bowl party were often in mind, & never far from other thoughts!

Almost 12 yrs later...I'm still waiting! :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Connie, did you make this graphic?

If so, good job!

Yes and no Chiefster. Originally it was a graphic I found on line years ago searching/googling free background/screensaver websites.

When I found it...it had much JPEG Artifact & Noise, as it's called...which creates an un-sharp, splotchy image. This often happens when a graphic is created or altered in Paint, then saved in a JPEG file format. One should save any image created or altered in Paint as a Bitmap file, then using Jasc or another editor, re-save as a JPEG image file...this eliminates much of the JPEG Artifact/Noise from the image that makes it not sharp & clear.

Using my Paint program I spent several hours removing the artifact/noise, to make the image's sharp & clear. I cut out the logos & trophy once repairing their clarity, saved them as individual files...then created a new black background base more appropriate for posting size. I finished by pasting the repaired individual image's onto the smaller background more feasible in size for typical posting purposes like above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12