Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much substance is there..

Question How much substance is there..

to the Glenn Dorsey trade rumors?

I almost swear you only had him for two years. Is it the injuries caching up or is he just an all around disappointment?

I remember before th draft that year his health issues were a major concern and he was real vocal about it in an attempt to shoot down the speculation about his durability...

I never new he had injury issues

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I never new he had injury issues

seriously?

oh yess...that was a bug deal going into the draft...him and sedrick ellis were the top 2 at their position and sed just had way less injury on his resume...

word was that some teams were shying away from him for durabilty issues and he went on a campaign a'la Les Miles for the contrare...

The Chiefs still drafed him high instead of sed ellis and that kinda shocked me..

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    seriously?

oh yess...that was a bug deal going into the draft...him and sedrick ellis were the top 2 at their position and sed just had way less injury on his resume...

word was that some teams were shying away from him for durabilty issues and he went on a campaign a'la Les Miles for the contrare...

The Chiefs still drafed him high instead of sed ellis and that kinda shocked me..
    okay

I haven't heard any Glenn Dorsey trade rumors to answer your question. You haven't heard of him much since the draft because he kind of got lost in transition with different coaches and schemes. I doubt we would trade him, since the LSU boys (Jackson and Dorsey) look to anchor our D-line for quite some time...I hope!

The trade rumors were basicly just started from a writer from detroit. I think he was just day dreaming myself and that theres no way Dorsey will be moved. The ONLY way i see him being moved is if and its a big if we somehow get Suh in the draft. Otherwise I think he will be in KC for a while.

They are probably not going to trade Dorsey, especially since his run D is getting stronger and h was just in year two, you know?

Anything is possible. Dorsey is a better fit in a 4-3 scheme and would probably like to be traded to a 4-3 team within the next 1-2 yrs so he can try to earn a big contract before his current deal expires.

If he stays in a 3-4 and and underachieves the next few years, he will not be getting the 2nd big payday that most of these players count on.

I think they are just that at this point; rumors. However, as Coach said: "Anything is possible".

:cool:

yeah it sounded a bit premature in my mind but i figured i'd get a better confirmation here than anywhere else...

i agre that he would be a better fit in a 4-3 tho...if i remember correct thats what he played at LSU...

now yeah..if y'all manage to get SUH that front 3 might cause some SERIOUS problems for teams next year...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast