Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Favre pick

Default Favre pick

This is just an awesome call.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2TZQlVPvjk"]YouTube- Radio Call of Favre Interception against Saints 1/24/10[/ame]
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I speculatively think the NFL is trying, eithically or not...to indiscreetly influence a Colt's vs Giants Super Bowl. They have to take their time, can't be obvious about it. Colts & Giants having been to and won recent Super Bowls...it would appear natural now without question, that the two are good enough teams to end up in a Super Bowl together.

My speculation of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl in the future, began the year Eli was drafted, and controversy began over him being drafted by the Chargers. Neither the NFL nor the Mannings wanted him to go to the AFC. The Manning family spoke publicly as a unity...saying under no circumstances would Eli play for San Diego or the AFC. SD was forced to trade him.

What other legitimate reasons were there?...other than if Eli went to the AFC, there would be no possibility of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl. I can't even begin to imagine the millions, or billions...the NFL and Mannings would profit from such a historic Super Bowl...brother vs brother. The endorsements alone would be astronomical...and the NFL collects a percent of all team and player profits.
    would not surprise me at all. rstings seem to mean sports leagues throw the rules out the window and do there best to get the matchup that they want in there championship game/series. At least pro wrestling will admit that there outcomes are fixed.

This is what happened to Favre in that game! He looked totally beaten down at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Yeah and the first pass of his career was also a pick (for a TD) so if my first and last passes of my career were both picks i wouldn't feel that good!
    His last pass as a Packer I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I felt bad for Favre. What a crappy way to end your career. I'm sure there lots of Packers fans laughing tho.
    As a fan also of the Packers I can somewhat understand the anger and disgust with which he ended his career. Sure he did much for the community and the Packers in general but disclosing you did not choose where to play and then desperately trying to go to an arch-rival, well I'm sure some would appreciate many Packer fans feelings. We do not hate him though, it's much like a brother saying he never truly wanted to be a part of the family in spite of all the good memories.

He is missed by myself and most though... and yes I'm a Chiefs fan first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I speculatively think the NFL is trying, eithically or not...to indiscreetly influence a Colt's vs Giants Super Bowl. They have to take their time, can't be obvious about it. Colts & Giants having been to and won recent Super Bowls...it would appear natural now without question, that the two are good enough teams to end up in a Super Bowl together.

My speculation of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl in the future, began the year Eli was drafted, and controversy began over him being drafted by the Chargers. Neither the NFL nor the Mannings wanted him to go to the AFC. The Manning family spoke publicly as a unity...saying under no circumstances would Eli play for San Diego or the AFC. SD was forced to trade him.

What other legitimate reasons were there?...other than if Eli went to the AFC, there would be no possibility of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl. I can't even begin to imagine the millions, or billions...the NFL and Mannings would profit from such a historic Super Bowl...brother vs brother. The endorsements alone would be astronomical...and the NFL collects a percent of all team and player profits.
    No doubt. I had similar thoughts and they definitely seem to be coming to NFL dream fruition. Conspiracy eh...

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    His last pass as a Packer I might add.
    OUCH

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345