Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld Mock Draft

Default Rotoworld Mock Draft

I'm a big fan of Rotoworld.com and Evan Silva, who did this mock draft. I think this is definitely a little suspect though. It has us taking Dez Bryant with the #5 pick. He's drawing comparisons to Andre Johnson, whom I happen to love. What does everyone think? I apologize b/c I know there was another thread talking about taking a WR high, but this one is specifically for Dez Bryant.

First Mock Draft of the Year

I guarentee we don't pick a WR or DL this year.

I think those two are the least concerned for now. I don't know what this guy is thinking. Maybe in a later round, but there is always Jordan Shipley for our third round pick.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I guarentee we don't pick a WR or DL this year.

I think those two are the least concerned for now. I don't know what this guy is thinking. Maybe in a later round, but there is always Jordan Shipley for our third round pick.
    I don't think it's our least worry...we led the league in drops last year.

To many WR's in rds 2 thru 5 that meet our needs.

I really would put WR1 and WR2 as one of our absolute lowest priority needs right now. A slot receiver? Maybe, but probably in round 3 or 4.

Pioli showed last year that it's all about positional value with top 5 picks for him, and WR isn't a valued position like QB, LT, DE, DT, Rush OLB, etc. A betting man would be wise to believe we're going to go one of those positions (obviously not QB, probably not DE).

I think we end up with Russell Okung come draft day. Can't really argue with it... it's the safest pick in the draft, honestly.

we will take a WR and a DL..hopefully a NT this year although the WR will probably be in rounds 3-7. we need massive help in run D and still can use an OL upgrade. Berry would be an asset if he falls but more likely we get Okung, which is OK. if Jarred Odrick falls into round 2, might be a good pick up...a little light for a DE in a 3-4 but has the frame to put on more weight but he's got great quickness and a non stop motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't think it's our least worry...we led the league in drops last year.
    I think it is cause how many of those drops were because the ball wasn't thrown that accurately? Qb was always being flushed and pressure. First things first, Protect the QB. We still have Charles to rely on the run and Chambers should be back.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think it is cause how many of those drops were because the ball wasn't thrown that accurately? Qb was always being flushed and pressure. First things first, Protect the QB. We still have Charles to rely on the run and Chambers should be back.
    Yup. There's a lot that goes into completing a pass. Timing is the most important of all, and when your timing gets screwed up because of a lack of protection, then it makes it difficult for the QB and WR to be on the same page. The end result is Matt Cassel flinging the ball at a receiver still trying to execute his route.

This wasn't always the case, but it happened enough, with many different receivers.

I agree there is a lot more to it. I just recall seeing a lot of times though where the ball is in the guys hands and he just doesn't come down with the ball.

Nevertheless, I'm not necessarily for taking a WR in the first round. I agree we have a lot of needs and would love to see the Chiefs go after Barry or Okung as well. When I see a guy drawing comparisons to Andre Johnson though it makes me think twice about perhaps taking a WR at #5. Here's a look at sacks given up and passes dropped in 2009.

Sacks Given up (sk) and Passes Dropped (dp):

Chiefs - 45sk, 48dp
    Bills - 46sk, 20dp
    Redskins - 46sk, 22dp
    Raiders - 49sk, 36dp
    Steelers - 50sk, 27dp
    Packers - 51sk, 36dp

There's definitely some correlation, but I think there is still a fundamental "drop" problem within the team. Out of all the teams that gave up more sacks than us, the closest in drops still had 25% less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree there is a lot more to it. I just recall seeing a lot of times though where the ball is in the guys hands and he just doesn't come down with the ball.

Nevertheless, I'm not necessarily for taking a WR in the first round. I agree we have a lot of needs and would love to see the Chiefs go after Barry or Okung as well. When I see a guy drawing comparisons to Andre Johnson though it makes me think twice about perhaps taking a WR at #5. Here's a look at sacks given up and passes dropped in 2009.

Sacks Given up (sk) and Passes Dropped (dp):

Chiefs - 45sk, 48dp
    Bills - 46sk, 20dp
    Redskins - 46sk, 22dp
    Raiders - 49sk, 36dp
    Steelers - 50sk, 27dp
    Packers - 51sk, 36dp

There's definitely some correlation, but I think there is still a fundamental "drop" problem within the team. Out of all the teams that gave up more sacks than us, the closest in drops still had 25% less.
    I just think this guy with his mock draft is crazy!

Possible later round picks:

Danario Alexander - MU
    Jordan Shipley - Texas

I can't think of anyone else right now, I have to go to work...I'll figure it out later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast