Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: For the record...

Default For the record...

Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the bye week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
    THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the bye week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
    THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.
    Ummm.... NO! (This is officially the worst idea I have ever heard.)
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

i'll bring it back during our bye week...regardless of our record... that's a promise...hopefully i'll have a mouth full of feathers. (doubtful)

Well there will be no serving of crow today.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    oh yeah of little faith. You watch the national media too much. If you bring it out, I will harass the crap out of you when we are 6-4, maybe 7-3....
    yes...i've got little to no faith. I choose not to be led by the blind...i lost my faith in Peterson years ago.

i don't think the talking heads know what they're talking about...hell, most of them picked K.C. to win today against Houston. But if they're saying the Chiefs are awful this year, they're not as dumb as i thought. I just look at this team and know they aren't a competitive NFL team, and anyone who knows anything about football would know that too. It's not a coincidence that the Chiefs are 0-5 this year either.

I know i'm the bad guy here. But i'm also right. If you ppl had any idea how the NFL worked, you'd realize that the ONLY way to build a Super Bowl Champion is thru the draft. Look at the really good teams right now, most of them had a top 10, 5, or #1 pick recently. The Chargers got Rivers AND Merriman thru the draft in one trade.
    What number pick was Peyton Manning again? oh, thats right...#2. Hell, it took the Chargers 2 #1 picks to get it right. And don't get it twisted...the Raiders are gonna be REALLY GOOD, REALLY SOON!! The Broncos aren't too far off.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd realize this HORRIBLE TEAM IS A GOOD THING. The quicker we get to the bottom, the quicker we get to the top.

Just depends on what your priorities are. Do you want a team that wins between 8 and 10 games every season, or do you want a Ring? It's been 50 years since we saw the Chiefs in the SB. I'm tired of mediocrity. i want a ring and i'm willing to endure whatever it takes to get one. If that means being awful one year, i'll take it...and any TRUE FAN would take it too.

The Texans, who just killed us had a #1 pick...(wiliams)
    The Saints, who will be in the NFC title game had a #2 pick (Bush)
    The Colts, Super Bowl Champs, had a #2 pick.(manning)
    The Bengals, a perennial playoff contender, had a #1 pick. (Palmer)
    The Chargers, Best record last year, had 2 #1 picks. one was a flop, (Leaf) the other was traded which landed them Rivers and Merriman.
    Titans, Top 10 pick (Young)
    Steelers picked #7 and got Rothlisberger.

True, there are exceptions like the Pats who got it done without dropping to the bottom, although they were at the bottom until the late 90's. The top picks for the Lions don't seem to be paying off, but we've proved to not be able to build a great team without a top pick. We've also proven the past 2 seasons that we can draft better. So, i'd rather go with the trend of getting a top pick then building a Super Bowl caliber team....but that's just me...i like/want championships.

THAT'S HOW WE SAY PESSIMISM IN "HONKY TONK".

SOME OF YOU ARE FROM KANSAS/MISSOURI AND DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN FOOTBALL, SO I'D SHUT MY MOUTH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. HERE IN TEXAS, WE'RE BROUGHT UP ON FOOTBALL. IT'S NOT A HOBBY OR SOMETHING WE LIKE ON THE WEEKENDS.

SHOULD WE COMPARE TITLES WON BY KANSAS/MISSOURI TEAMS COMPARED TO THOSE IN TEXAS? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

don't fear change. change is good...and a change in Kansas City would be a team who could contend for a titile. most fans don't like Huard or Croyle, so lets get a top 3 pick and get a good one. Brohm, Brennan, ect... don't be afraid to lose. you can't look at a franchise one season at a time. you need foresight. Carl doesn't have it and any fans who think we're gonna have more that 3 wins by week 8 doesn't have any either.

It takes more than 1 or 2 high draft picks to turn a team around...trust me (as a 49er fan) I've watched my team rebuild for the last 5-6 years now...they're almost there (maybe this year), but it takes a while.

Take for example San Diego. You mentioned the flop (Leaf) and Rivers and Merriman...but you forgot LT #5, Quentin Jammer #5, and they also have traded away players that were high draft picks including Brees #2.

The real key to building a championship team is scouting and strategy.

Scouting first of all avoids flops such as Leaf, Kyle Boller, Curtis Enis, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams-WR, Mandarich, Boselli, etc.

Strategy requires a team to look at their needs and build accordingly. Frankly the Chiefs top needs are on O-line and in the secondary. Your LBs are okay and the D-line seems okay, but Andre Johnson looked like Jerry Rice circa 1987 today. THe RB and TE are clearly great, and the WR with Bowe and eventually Sippio will be servicable. Germ Edwards has a philosphy (like it or not) and if King Carl wants Germ to coach then he needs to get players that fill that coach's system. I.e. a friggin' all pro defense, and a good O-line. The QB can be below average (ala Trent Dilfer in Baltimore) if the offense can control the ball through the run. But the Chiefs are trying to run Herm Edwards system without the right personnel.

If the only way to get really good was to be really bad, then teams like Philly wouldn't continually reload...if you look at most of the "steady" top teams they have a top 10 pick somewhere in the last 10 years, however right in your division you have a team that is a perrennial playoff contender that hasn't had a top 10 pick since 1991. I won't say their name, but they traded up to #11 to get their current QB, and they seem to find free agents out of the woodwork that become all-pros. Sorry, but its not just the draft, it's all about CAP MANAGEMENT. Actually to turn the team around you have to make good decisions on the cap for free agency. An NFL ready O-lineman out of the draft is rare, but free agents pop up every year. Sometimes it is worth paying for the top guy, and sometimes there is a better value...i.e. Faneca is going to be overpriced next year, but other guys like Max Starks may come at a better value...
    Last edited by rbedgood; 09-10-2007 at 03:06 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    It takes more than 1 or 2 high draft picks to turn a team around...trust me (as a 49er fan) I've watched my team rebuild for the last 5-6 years now...they're almost there (maybe this year), but it takes a while.

Take for example San Diego. You mentioned the flop (Leaf) and Rivers and Merriman...but you forgot LT #5, Quentin Jammer #5, and they also have traded away players that were high draft picks including Brees #2.

The real key to building a championship team is scouting and strategy.

Scouting first of all avoids flops such as Leaf, Kyle Boller, Curtis Enis, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams-WR, Mandarich, Boselli, etc.

Strategy requires a team to look at their needs and build accordingly. Frankly the Chiefs top needs are on O-line and in the secondary. Your LBs are okay and the D-line seems okay, but Andre Johnson looked like Jerry Rice circa 1987 today. THe RB and TE are clearly great, and the WR with Bowe and eventually Sippio will be servicable. Germ Edwards has a philosphy (like it or not) and if King Carl wants Germ to coach then he needs to get players that fill that coach's system. I.e. a friggin' all pro defense, and a good O-line. The QB can be below average (ala Trent Dilfer in Baltimore) if the offense can control the ball through the run. But the Chiefs are trying to run Herm Edwards system without the right personnel.

If the only way to get really good was to be really bad, then teams like Philly wouldn't continually reload...if you look at most of the "steady" top teams they have a top 10 pick somewhere in the last 10 years, however right in your division you have a team that is a perrennial playoff contender that hasn't had a top 10 pick since 1991. I won't say their name, but they traded up to #11 to get their current QB, and they seem to find free agents out of the woodwork that become all-pros. Sorry, but its not just the draft, it's all about CAP MANAGEMENT. Actually to turn the team around you have to make good decisions on the cap for free agency. An NFL ready O-lineman out of the draft is rare, but free agents pop up every year. Sometimes it is worth paying for the top guy, and sometimes there is a better value...i.e. Faneca is going to be overpriced next year, but other guys like Max Starks may come at a better value...
    I agree...If we sit and draft college players to get better it will be years before ANYTHING happens. It takes time to develop in the NFL. Sure there are some flukes and freaks of Nature that come out of college and are a instant force, Merriman for example, but that is a rarity. We had the most explosive offense the last few years and couldn't do crap in the post season. We have always been good on only one side of the ball and this season is no different. I feel like the defense will be getting better and I pray that maybe the offense will start clicking a little bit.

Just because Texas HAD a lot of titles/Championships is pointless. Just because the second biggest state in the Union has a lot of Championships doesn't mean that the people that live in that state are football Gods.

Yes the Chiefs bit a big one yesterday but I will ALWAYS root for the team to win, ALWAYS. The day I start rooting for my team to get the first round draft pick will be the day I no longer am worthy to root for the Red and Gold. A true fan understands this and doesn't think is terms of first picks. It's not the first round picks that make a team good, it's the other 52 players around him that make him look great. Once ALL our players realize this then we will be hoisting the trophy. Look at the Pats they have the WE mentality and maybe the Chiefs need that too.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

That is absolutely wrong. Boselli was a superb talent. He was an instant superstar at his position. Injury caused his extremely early decline.

Anyway.... While I agree with alot of what has been posted here, I don't trust that any amount of high draft picks, nor continuity, will grant us a championship, with our current leadership. I am still flabbergasted about the "30 points = arena football" statement. And I will likely never get over that, without a whole lot of success.

We have good talent now, especially on defense. There's no reason to throw an entire season under the bus over an opening-day road game, relax. We lost due to turnovers, penalties, and bad calls. Some of that can be considered bad luck, some of it lack of discipline. This team is still coming together and the penalties and fumbles should not be as much of a problem as the season goes forward. The o-line is the unit main on our team that needs time together in games to gel. They are healthy and getting that now and aside from all the penalties, looked like they are improving from what I saw in the game yesterday. It wasn't good and they still need a lot of work, but they at least seem to be coming along some.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    We have good talent now, especially on defense. There's no reason to throw an entire season under the bus over an opening-day road game, relax. We lost due to turnovers, penalties, and bad calls. Some of that can be considered bad luck, some of it lack of discipline. This team is still coming together and the penalties and fumbles should not be as much of a problem as the season goes forward. The o-line is the unit main on our team that needs time together in games to gel. They are healthy and getting that now and aside from all the penalties, looked like they are improving from what I saw in the game yesterday. It wasn't good and they still need a lot of work, but they at least seem to be coming along some.
    Once we get Larry going, we'll be okay. I don't think it's as much of a disaster like chumps like Salisbury(ESPN has gone to $#@!) put it out to be. Any team that turns the ball over 4 times is going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Once we get Larry going, we'll be okay. I don't think it's as much of a disaster like chumps like Salisbury(ESPN has gone to $#@!) put it out to be. Any team that turns the ball over 4 times is going to lose.
    I have a feeling that they might be in abundance this year unlike years in the past.

I agree that Huard is not to blame but his heart and attitude needs to be questioned! He doesn't even look like he cares! No fire, no pissed off looks on his face!! I thought it was this way before the season started but they need to play with a sense of urgency and attitude because they got man handled yesterday!

yes...i've got little to no faith. I choose not to be led by the blind...i lost my faith in Peterson years ago.

i don't think the talking heads know what they're talking about...hell, most of them picked K.C. to win today against Houston. But if they're saying the Chiefs are awful this year, they're not as dumb as i thought. I just look at this team and know they aren't a competitive NFL team, and anyone who knows anything about football would know that too. It's not a coincidence that the Chiefs are 0-5 this year either.

I know i'm the bad guy here. But i'm also right. If you ppl had any idea how the NFL worked, you'd realize that the ONLY way to build a Super Bowl Champion is thru the draft. Look at the really good teams right now, most of them had a top 10, 5, or #1 pick recently. The Chargers got Rivers AND Merriman thru the draft in one trade.
    What number pick was Peyton Manning again? oh, thats right...#2. Hell, it took the Chargers 2 #1 picks to get it right. And don't get it twisted...the Raiders are gonna be REALLY GOOD, REALLY SOON!! The Broncos aren't too far off.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd realize this HORRIBLE TEAM IS A GOOD THING. The quicker we get to the bottom, the quicker we get to the top.

Just depends on what your priorities are. Do you want a team that wins between 8 and 10 games every season, or do you want a Ring? It's been 50 years since we saw the Chiefs in the SB. I'm tired of mediocrity. i want a ring and i'm willing to endure whatever it takes to get one. If that means being awful one year, i'll take it...and any TRUE FAN would take it too.

The Texans, who just killed us had a #1 pick...(wiliams)
    The Saints, who will be in the NFC title game had a #2 pick (Bush)
    The Colts, Super Bowl Champs, had a #2 pick.(manning)
    The Bengals, a perennial playoff contender, had a #1 pick. (Palmer)
    The Chargers, Best record last year, had 2 #1 picks. one was a flop, (Leaf) the other was traded which landed them Rivers and Merriman.
    Titans, Top 10 pick (Young)
    Steelers picked #7 and got Rothlisberger.

True, there are exceptions like the Pats who got it done without dropping to the bottom, although they were at the bottom until the late 90's. The top picks for the Lions don't seem to be paying off, but we've proved to not be able to build a great team without a top pick. We've also proven the past 2 seasons that we can draft better. So, i'd rather go with the trend of getting a top pick then building a Super Bowl caliber team....but that's just me...i like/want championships.

THAT'S HOW WE SAY PESSIMISM IN "HONKY TONK".

SOME OF YOU ARE FROM KANSAS/MISSOURI AND DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN FOOTBALL, SO I'D SHUT MY MOUTH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. HERE IN TEXAS, WE'RE BROUGHT UP ON FOOTBALL. IT'S NOT A HOBBY OR SOMETHING WE LIKE ON THE WEEKENDS.

SHOULD WE COMPARE TITLES WON BY KANSAS/MISSOURI TEAMS COMPARED TO THOSE IN TEXAS? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

don't fear change. change is good...and a change in Kansas City would be a team who could contend for a titile. most fans don't like Huard or Croyle, so lets get a top 3 pick and get a good one. Brohm, Brennan, ect... don't be afraid to lose. you can't look at a franchise one season at a time. you need foresight. Carl doesn't have it and any fans who think we're gonna have more that 3 wins by week 8 doesn't have any either.
    Please, please not the "TEXAS" talk, Ive heard enough of that sh*t to last me the rest of my life. I agree with a few things you say but if you bring that arrogent "Im from TEXAS bullsh#t" in here you've lost me just on spite.And for the record I've lived in Texas, all four major cities and some small towns and you can keep it.No disrespect meant, I just can't stand it, peace.
    Last edited by swmochiefsfan; 09-10-2007 at 03:42 PM.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast