Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: For the record...

Default For the record...

Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the bye week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
    THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A) Somebody call Texaschiefs mother, he needs his a55 changed.

B) The state of teaxas has a population that is ten times that of Kansas. Given ten to one odds, how impressive is it that they have a couple of higher ranked high school football programs?

C) TC, Brady Quinn was not a top-two/three draft pick, as you had origionally indicated was neccessary to become a championship team. And I believe that Rbedgood made a great point, by showing how successful the Browns have been with their top-two/three picks, to this point. And insenuating that the Cardinals back your argument is ... (Here comes your word)... IGNORRANT. It shows ignorance to the existing facts, that dispute your case for top-two/three picks. It shows ignorrance to how to deal with a counter-point. It shows incredible ignorrance to the fact that the Arizona Cradinals have been doing things the way you suggest, for a very long time, and continue to be a pathetic organization. When was the last time the Cardinals were any good? Don't they pretty much get a high first round draft pick almost every year? How has that been working out for the past several ... DECADES?????

D) TC, In the same breath, you manage to inform everyone here that we have to get a top-whatever draft pick, then use our second and third round picks to back-up your argument.

E) RBG, maybe I'm wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, three of the four O-linemen drafted this year in the first round, are starting. Thomas, Brown and Staley. Only Ben Grubbs isn't. in fact, over the past two drafts, there are at least two staring left tackles, from beyond the first round. Marcus Mcniel and Tony Ugoh.

F) TC, when attacked by one or two members of a board, do you always throw a tantrum at everyone? That could be caused by having been picked on in school. Grow up and get over you childhood issues.
    You're right on the 3 starters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

A) Somebody call Texaschiefs mother, he needs his a55 changed.

B) The state of teaxas has a population that is ten times that of Kansas. Given ten to one odds, how impressive is it that they have a couple of higher ranked high school football programs?

C) TC, Brady Quinn was not a top-two/three draft pick, as you had origionally indicated was neccessary to become a championship team. And I believe that Rbedgood made a great point, by showing how successful the Browns have been with their top-two/three picks, to this point. And insenuating that the Cardinals back your argument is ... (Here comes your word)... IGNORRANT. It shows ignorance to the existing facts, that dispute your case for top-two/three picks. It shows ignorrance to how to deal with a counter-point. It shows incredible ignorrance to the fact that the Arizona Cradinals have been doing things the way you suggest, for a very long time, and continue to be a pathetic organization. When was the last time the Cardinals were any good? Don't they pretty much get a high first round draft pick almost every year? How has that been working out for the past several ... DECADES?????

D) TC, In the same breath, you manage to inform everyone here that we have to get a top-whatever draft pick, then use our second and third round picks to back-up your argument.

E) When was the last time that the Steelers had a top-two/three draft pick?
    How about the Eagles? Suggesting that the only way to become a champion is by getting an utra-high draft pick is twisted. And pointing out the ones who support your theory, while ignoring the multitudes that dispute your theory, is blind. Then, once you get your panties all twisted, you act as if everyone thinks that drafting players is stupid and a waste of time. Look, everytime there is a difference of opinion, doesn't mean that the world thinks that every word you say is not only wrong, but absolutely backwards. Overreaction is a useful tool. But you were just acting like a tool.

F) RBG, maybe I'm wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, three of the four O-linemen drafted this year in the first round, are starting. Thomas, Brown and Staley. Only Ben Grubbs isn't. in fact, over the past two drafts, there are at least two staring left tackles, from beyond the first round. Marcus Mcniel and Tony Ugoh.

G) TC, when attacked by one or two members of a board, do you always throw a tantrum at everyone? That could be caused by having been picked on in school. Grow up and get over you childhood issues.
    I'm not saying the QB HAS to come from a top 3 spot...but I'm pretty sure the Steelers took a QB pretty high...what, #7? yeah, the guy took them to and then won the Super Bowl....GREAT ARGUMENT!!!LMAO!!!
    Every one thinks the Broncos will be good this year...where did they take their QB? oh, that right, #11. I'm sure he'll be awful too. you toss out Arizona like they're the only ones who've had high draft picks the last few years. Just because one or two teams have poor upper management and scouting doesn't negate the fact that high draft picks lead to Championship calliber teams. Like i've said before, it USUALLY takes a team one or two years in the basement before they're championship calliber.

So, yes. the fact that THOSE OF YOU who disagree with me think we have a good team or we're just one or two Free Agents away from being a Super Bowl caliber team, makes you football stupid and you're showing that you don't know what you're talking about.

How long has it taken the 49ers to be a force in the NFC again? Did they build their team thru Free Agency or did they have the #1 pick and took a QB? Did they sign their soon to be super star TE as a FA? how bout their Pro Bowl RB? Granted, Alex Smith isn't P. Manning, but he's the best thing they've had there in a long time...and that's where the Chiefs are right now.

Losing isn't something to be afraid of in the NFL. Bad teams get rewarded with high draft picks. There's no point in arguing how bad the Chiefs are. We know they're going to be at the very most a top 5 draft pick team...if not 3 or 1.

If you're a REAL Chiefs fan, this is the season of your dreams!!! wake up and realize it!! Hopefully, after a horrible season, CP gets fired, we get a Super QB in the draft and we look toward a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm not saying the QB HAS to come from a top 3 spot...but I'm pretty sure the Steelers took a QB pretty high...what, #7? yeah, the guy took them to and then won the Super Bowl....GREAT ARGUMENT!!!LMAO!!!
    Every one thinks the Broncos will be good this year...where did they take their QB? oh, that right, #11. I'm sure he'll be awful too. you toss out Arizona like they're the only ones who've had high draft picks the last few years. Just because one or two teams have poor upper management and scouting doesn't negate the fact that high draft picks lead to Championship calliber teams. Like i've said before, it USUALLY takes a team one or two years in the basement before they're championship calliber.

So, yes. the fact that THOSE OF YOU who disagree with me think we have a good team or we're just one or two Free Agents away from being a Super Bowl caliber team, makes you football stupid and you're showing that you don't know what you're talking about.

How long has it taken the 49ers to be a force in the NFC again? Did they build their team thru Free Agency or did they have the #1 pick and took a QB? Did they sign their soon to be super star TE as a FA? how bout their Pro Bowl RB? Granted, Alex Smith isn't P. Manning, but he's the best thing they've had there in a long time...and that's where the Chiefs are right now.

Losing isn't something to be afraid of in the NFL. Bad teams get rewarded with high draft picks. There's no point in arguing how bad the Chiefs are. We know they're going to be at the very most a top 5 draft pick team...if not 3 or 1.

If you're a REAL Chiefs fan, this is the season of your dreams!!! wake up and realize it!! Hopefully, after a horrible season, CP gets fired, we get a Super QB in the draft and we look toward a bright future.

Peyton Manning is the exception, not the rule. If you don't build the offensive line, then you can bring thirty high draft pick quarterbacks and watch them all flop.

Offensive linemen are on the same curve as any other position. The likelihood of them starting effectively, fresh out of the draft, is as high as it is for other positions. The fact that the position has been underappreciated for so long would indicate otherwise, but if you know football, then you know how important blocking is to the game. Stud LTs don't hit the free agent market, so the best way to find one is within the draft.

Funny how you say bring in free agents to fill the offensive line, then suggest that we draft a quarterback, if we get a high enough draft pick. Then tell us how great the Browns will be, because they drafted a quarterback with their high pick. They drafted a LT with that high pick, then got the quarterback, with the 22nd pick.

The fact is that you don't have to have the top-whatever draft pick to become a winner. Those top picks have proven themselves to be a gamble, same as the later first round picks. For each Peyton Manning , there is a Tom Brady and a Ryan Leaf to show you show this.

"You play to win the game." I find this to be true, until the outcomes no longer matter. You think we are gonna suck, so you are already screaming uncle. I think we are gonna suck, but I'll wait until the battle is lost, before I am willing to throw in the towel.

As for the Steelers, if drafting seventh is high enough for your argument, then sit back, and STFU!!! You know we aren't good enough to wind-up any lower than that, right?

Here ya go... Rex Grossman - 22nd, Matt Hasselbeck - 6th round, Jake Delhomme - undrafted, Tom Brady - 6th round, Brad Johnson - 9th round, Peyton Manning - 1st, overall, Donovan Mcnabb - 2nd overall, Rich Gannon - 4th round, Kurt Warner - undrafted.

There ya have it. You obviously have to have a top-???( How far do you want to reach now?) quarterback, to be a competitor.

I know, you don't care if it is a top-??? tight end, they have to have a top-??? draft choice to win. Well, as easily as you can make that statement, I can say that I think you have to have a late third round draft pick on your roster, in order to be a contender. Every super bowl winner has had one.

Ya know, it would be nice to draft that high, but I don't want to see my team tap-out, because they got hit one time. At this time last year, how many people thought that the Saints were going to the NFC championship game? Maybe they should have waved the white flag, so they could get more top-??? draft picks.

Are you french?

Oh, I didn't choose the Cardinals, someone else did and then you made a case for them.

31, your last post is exactly what i'm talking about...no foresight...none by the upper management or the fans. A franchise doesn't play to win just THIS season. If that was the case, we wouldn't be starting so many rookie and 2nd year players and why we almost had a 2nd year QB starting and not a QB that made a few Pro Bowls. The Chiefs are finally showing some foresight and it started with Herm Edwards.

I know Manning is the exception, but should we go back the last decade and compare QBs to OL taken in the top 10 in the draft? i guess every team who took a QB in the top 10 doesn't know what they're doing. There's a reason they take QBs so high...you don't typically want a mid to late round draft pick leading your team. Brady is the exception...he was a back up first by the way.

Our line doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs an upgrade. The middle 3 are stout. So are our TEs. We don't know how good/bad this line is until later in the season. We haven't really seen what McIntosh can do and Terry was a solid pro before his suspension...as was Turley before his injury. Everyone keeps jumping on this O-line like it's the worst in the league. I just don't see it. I think it's average, which to spoiled Chiefs fans who have seen hall of fame lines this past decade, the O-line looks awful. that's just not the case. A bad O-line gives up record breaking sack totals like the Texans did a couple years back. We're not there and fans are overreacting to the O-line.

A QB early in round one would be the best bet and then we could take an OT early in round 2 if we decide the line can't hold up. But QB needs to be the priority if we get a top 5 or 10 DP....

I'm not sold that Herm's THAT committed to Croyle. He pretty much said if Quinn had been on the board one pick longer, he'd be a Chief.

31, your last post is exactly what i'm talking about...no foresight...none by the upper management or the fans. A franchise doesn't play to win just THIS season. If that was the case, we wouldn't be starting so many rookie and 2nd year players and why we almost had a 2nd year QB starting and not a QB that made a few Pro Bowls. The Chiefs are finally showing some foresight and it started with Herm Edwards.

I know Manning is the exception, but should we go back the last decade and compare QBs to OL taken in the top 10 in the draft? i guess every team who took a QB in the top 10 doesn't know what they're doing. There's a reason they take QBs so high...you don't typically want a mid to late round draft pick leading your team. Brady is the exception...he was a back up first by the way.

Our line doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs an upgrade. The middle 3 are stout. So are our TEs. We don't know how good/bad this line is until later in the season. We haven't really seen what McIntosh can do and Terry was a solid pro before his suspension...as was Turley before his injury. Everyone keeps jumping on this O-line like it's the worst in the league. I just don't see it. I think it's average, which to spoiled Chiefs fans who have seen hall of fame lines this past decade, the O-line looks awful. that's just not the case. A bad O-line gives up record breaking sack totals like the Texans did a couple years back. We're not there and fans are overreacting to the O-line.

A QB early in round one would be the best bet and then we could take an OT early in round 2 if we decide the line can't hold up. But QB needs to be the priority if we get a top 5 or 10 DP....

I'm not sold that Herm's THAT committed to Croyle. He pretty much said if Quinn had been on the board one pick longer, he'd be a Chief.
    As long as you want to be a loser, I can't argue with you. I want to be a winner. You believe that you have to be a loser, to be a winner and I don't. I've seen it happen. Year after year it happens. You want us to become cowards and I don't. It isn't neccessary.

What kind of person gives-up before the fight has started? A punk, right?

LMFAO!!!! that's all you have to say?!! omg.... and here i was thinking you could present a lucid argument. stupid me.

and tell me, when have you seen us go from a mediocre team to a Super Bowl contestant?

and trust me, i don't want to be a loser, but this year, it's a reality. it's too bad y'all want to stick your heads in the sand and act like it isn't happening...this is still a fun team to watch. we're watching the future grow and mature. it's an exciting time in Kansas City, it's just not appreciated...and that's a shame.

stupid me.
    'Nuff said.

so clever.

If being a cowardly b**** is the only way to be a winner.....

Nope. I don't see it.

I like how you try to force me into telling you when the Chiefs have been recent Super Bowl competitors, after I state that I see teams become Super Bowl competitors every year.
    when have you seen us go from a mediocre team to a Super Bowl contestant?
    It's like you are trying to quote me, but adding some words. That is marvelous!!! So then, cleary you remember seeing us win a Super Bowl, after the last time we had a top-???? draft pick, right?

If being a cowardly b**** is the only way to be a winner.....

Nope. I don't see it.

I like how you try to force me into telling you when the Chiefs have been recent Super Bowl competitors, after I state that I see teams become Super Bowl competitors every year. It's like you are trying to quote me, but adding some words. That is marvelous!!! So then, cleary you remember seeing us win a Super Bowl, after the last time we had a top-???? draft pick, right?
    name callin...mature.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast