Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My mock...what do we think?

Default My mock...what do we think?

Bored so I threw together a mock draft...Obviously this is all pending FA, but regardless of what goes down in FA I think this would be a pretty good draft...knock it, comment it, ideas...whatever :)

1. Rolondo McClain - ILB - This kid is a great leader and has experience in running the 3-4. A solid young LB with lots of growth potential. We need someone like him to build our D around

2a. Maurkice Pouncey - C/OG - Center is one of the positions we need upgraded the most, Niswanger killed us last season.

2b. Ricky Sapp - OLB - This kid has a monster frame(6'5 246) and would make a monster pass rusher comin off the edge, which we badly need to replace Vrabel.

3. Torrell Troup - NT - Even if we get someone in FA to take over our NT duties were going to need someone developing under them. We need help at NT bad

4. Jacoby Ford - WR - Instant upgrade returner and a very explosive WR. We need someone to stretch the field. Surprisingly good route runner also... He killed my MD terps :(

5a. Eric Olsen - OG/C - Played C and G for Weis and Notre Dame and we still need starters and/or depth for the o-line. Maybe start at RG or develop under Brian Waters

5b. Ben Tate - RB - Tough, stout runner to help spell JC to keep him fresh.

5c. Justin Woodall - SS - We have Jarrad Page and then...Mike Brown blows, McGraw is a servicable backup and I dont wanna put all of my eggs in Morgan's basket..

6. John Skelton - QB - If Brodie not resigned, Skelton would be a good developmental project for Haley. Great size, good at progressing through his reads and good arm strength...only problem is he played in the colonial division =O
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 01-28-2010 at 08:59 PM.

So, I found this site that has a page full of links to mock drafts from all over, and the page lists each of the linked sites' top five picks.

And I figured it would be interesting to take a look at who was being mocked to us more than others and such.

And of 249 mocks for 2010, this is what the count looks like...

76 - R.Okung (OT)
    47 - E.Berry (S)
    23 - B.Campbell (OT)
    12 - T.Williams (OT)
    11 - G.McCoy (DT)
    11 - R.McClain (ILB)
    10 - A. Davis (OT)
    10 - S.Bradford (QB)
    7 - T.Mays (S)
    7 - T.Cody (DT)
    5 - C.Dunlap (DE)
    4 - D.Bryant (WR)
    3 - B.Spikes (ILB)
    3 - J.Clausen (QB)
    3 - J.Locker (QB)
    2 - A.Benn (WR)
    2 - N.Suh (DT)
    2 - J.Snead (QB)
    2 - B.Bulaga (OT)
    1 - J.Haden (CB)
    1 - S.Kindle (OLB)
    1 - R.Mallett (QB)
    1 - C.Brown (OT)
    1 - T.Tebow (QB)
    1 - G.Hardy (DE)
    1 - S.Thompson (CB)
    1 - D.Morgan (DE)
    1 - J.Gresham (TE)

Top positions mocked to us...

OT - 124
    S - 54
    DT - 20
    QB - 20

Now alot of these mocks are far outdated, and they are just the opinions of a bunch of yahoos anyway. I think some of these players have already comitted to returning to college.

But pretty interesting to see what people are thinking.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

his first season in the NFL he played better because he was playing very much over weight. Albert only gave up 2 sacks his first season...his troubles had to do with him not playin overweight and learning to play with proper technique. And he played MUCH better the 2d half of the season.

Not only that, I understand the small contract, but he was drafted to play LT. If we move him he could become very unhappy with us, and that could cause all sorts of issues that we dont need right now.

The Ravens drafted Oher at the end of the first...its ok to draft a RT there

I am tired of the revolving doors we have on this team. BA is good and only getting better, and miles ahead of Okung at the pro level.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Branden Albert gave up 6 sacks this year dude. That doesn't say "franchise left tackle" to me.

BUT - let's say you're right and Albert is learning to play at his new weight. So you're saying his troubles have had nothing to do with the new position? It's because he lost weight?

Sorry, that doesn't fly. Great offensive tackles come into the pro game and play great. Albert has played well, but he has done absolutely nothing to warrant a protective status as our left tackle. You don't want the kind of line we had with Roaf and Shields? On that line we had John Tait and Willie Roaf, two FiRST ROUND picks at tackle. Great offensive lines don't just happen. You have to invest in them. Converting a college guard to a left tackle until he's adequate isn't the same as getting a franchise left tackle.

Okung is the best tackle in the draft. You will never, ever, ever, ever go wrong taking the best tackle in the draft. ALbert has also had injury problems, and his salary is well below market value for a good right tackle. moving him to the right side is just SMART. It may not be necessary, but its smart.

I won't be mad if we dont take a left tackle, but I don't see how on earth it possibly hurts us to go into next year with the best tackle and guard from this draft class. really, explain how that hurts us.

With the ungoldy amont of holes we have on the rest of this team, I sure hope we wait on another RT. O'Callaghan did a good job last season there.

Dont think Iupatai will be there in the 2nd...his stock is shooting up reeal fast

But hey, that doesn't necessarily mean we HAVE to take okung, but arguing against it seems irrational to me.

however, between McClain and Okung, in my opinion Okung is the better player.

here's the problem - we need THREE new offensive linemen. C, RG, RT are all areas of weakness, like you said.

In the second round we could get a top guard like Iupati and still pick up a right tackle. I don't have a problem with Branden Albert staying on the left side, but far more needs to be done than just mildly addressing the offensive line.

Am I the only one who misses the massive holes our offensive line used to open? can you imagine what Jamaal would do to defenses if the first time he was touched it was by the secondary?

But hey, that doesn't necessarily mean we HAVE to take okung, but arguing against it seems irrational to me.

however, between McClain and Okung, in my opinion Okung is the better player.

here's the problem - we need THREE new offensive linemen. C, RG, RT are all areas of weakness, like you said.

In the second round we could get a top guard like Iupati and still pick up a right tackle. I don't have a problem with Branden Albert staying on the left side, but far more needs to be done than just mildly addressing the offensive line.

Am I the only one who misses the massive holes our offensive line used to open? can you imagine what Jamaal would do to defenses if the first time he was touched it was by the secondary?
    I am all about it. And rep!

I think a lot of people feel like the best thing that could happen for us is trading down and pick up another pick in the first three rounds. Especially with the influx of underclassmen this year, the second round is a gold mine.

That is one thing we can both agree on then :) I agree 100%

this must be the kind of LT that you all think we should have
    1st round #12 overall
    A second-year player who started all 16 games at left tackle for the Broncos as a rookie in 2008 and earned second-team All-Pro honors (Associated Press) while finishing third in NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year voting.
    Credited with allowing the fewest sacks (0.5) in the NFL among all 16-game starting tackles in 2008 according to Stats Inc. and was called for just three penalties while playing every offensive snap.
    Became the first offensive lineman to be named Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week in the five-year history of the award for his play vs. Kansas City

just so you all dont have to look it up
    That is Ryan Clady yes the same one that gave up 4 sacks in 2 games to Hali

I think a lot of people feel like the best thing that could happen for us is trading down and pick up another pick in the first three rounds. Especially with the influx of underclassmen this year, the second round is a gold mine.
    I think that as well. Theres pleanty of good solid prospects in this draft. The more picks for this team is better.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast