Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My mock...what do we think?

Default My mock...what do we think?

Bored so I threw together a mock draft...Obviously this is all pending FA, but regardless of what goes down in FA I think this would be a pretty good draft...knock it, comment it, ideas...whatever :)

1. Rolondo McClain - ILB - This kid is a great leader and has experience in running the 3-4. A solid young LB with lots of growth potential. We need someone like him to build our D around

2a. Maurkice Pouncey - C/OG - Center is one of the positions we need upgraded the most, Niswanger killed us last season.

2b. Ricky Sapp - OLB - This kid has a monster frame(6'5 246) and would make a monster pass rusher comin off the edge, which we badly need to replace Vrabel.

3. Torrell Troup - NT - Even if we get someone in FA to take over our NT duties were going to need someone developing under them. We need help at NT bad

4. Jacoby Ford - WR - Instant upgrade returner and a very explosive WR. We need someone to stretch the field. Surprisingly good route runner also... He killed my MD terps :(

5a. Eric Olsen - OG/C - Played C and G for Weis and Notre Dame and we still need starters and/or depth for the o-line. Maybe start at RG or develop under Brian Waters

5b. Ben Tate - RB - Tough, stout runner to help spell JC to keep him fresh.

5c. Justin Woodall - SS - We have Jarrad Page and then...Mike Brown blows, McGraw is a servicable backup and I dont wanna put all of my eggs in Morgan's basket..

6. John Skelton - QB - If Brodie not resigned, Skelton would be a good developmental project for Haley. Great size, good at progressing through his reads and good arm strength...only problem is he played in the colonial division =O
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 01-28-2010 at 08:59 PM.

I like the beginning of your draft, but I don't know most of the guys you have later in the draft.

With the 1st pick, I'll be happy with McClain, Berry, or Okung. I really don't think we can go wrong with any of those picks.

I like this mock draft..........The top 4 picks are big for us because some believe Eric Berry will be there at 5. If he is not there then McClain is the next guy. NOT OKUNG.
    I made a comment on another thread that I would hope we get Leon Washington, his season ended early with an injury but I know he was valuable in the form of a Sprole or slasher/returner for the Jets.
    The WR market in FA will be extremely thin so unfortunately I don't see much of an inpact outside of the draft for WR's.
    Finding DT's in a 3-4 are essential to defending the run. Not a lot of people in the market so hopefully we can get one in the draft. (Cody, I don't care what anyone says)
    Safety appears to be deep in the draft so maybe we can pick up a FA and draft one as well.

I agree with Cody, I just didnt put him in there because there are too many uncertainties with him right now and I didnt want the headache :). If he loses 20 lbs he will be playing at Shaun Rogers weight...and we need a 350lb space eater if we want anything on our defense to work properly. I do agree with you though, we need a guy like Cody.

Good Mock. Pretty close to mine. I habe a safeety at 2 instead of a OLB. Also have Taylor Price going in the 5th with a different OL. But like I said Good Job.

1)Okung
    2)Pouncey
    2)Spikes

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    1)Okung
    2)Pouncey
    2)Spikes
    I have concerns with Spikes, about his speed.

Nice Job McD. I would love the McClain pick, but if we did that, than I probably wouldn't go with Sapp in round 2, even though Sapp plays outside and is an animal.

I'm not a huge Pouncey guy, but if you want a top notch lineman who can play center, you wouldn't see another one as good for a few more rounds, so I can dig that. Eric Olsen is probably the only pick on your board that I don't like. The kid has yards of film, being blown up.

Last but not least, Outstanding pick in Justin Woodall. The SS from Alabama is the kind of scrapper that you can root for and would be great on special teams. If he wasn't 216 lbs. he would be rated a lot higher. With that said, 5th round might be a reach for him, but we won't really know his stock for another month or so.

All in all, I like it though McD. One of the better Chiefs mocks I have seen. The Torrell Troup pick from Central Florida shows that you really know your stuff.

I have been way over my head to post on the Crowds message board for awhile, but you got me jacked up with this one.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Pretty good. I'm more of a Brandon Graham than a Sapp guy, but I can't complain too much. I love Troup or Cam Thomas in the 3rd.

I liike it I would like to see us go after a WR sooner then that. We need someone that can catch the football.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast