Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: please play Brodie...

Default please play Brodie...

0-5 so far this season...yeah, Brodie threw INTs, but so does Huard. We're not going to win this year....for the LOVE OF GOD PLAY THE KID SO HE CAN GAIN EXPERIENCE FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

oh, p.s. Thanks for running this team into the ground Carl...job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    0-5 so far this season...yeah, Brodie threw INTs, but so does Huard. We're not going to win this year....for the LOVE OF GOD PLAY THE KID SO HE CAN GAIN EXPERIENCE FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

oh, p.s. Thanks for running this team into the ground Carl...job well done.
    c'mon - the problem was not Huard. It was game plan. Huard had 2 interceptions -- one hit the receiver in the hands and as he was hit, it went straight up in the air.

They didn't let him throw the ball downfield in the 2nd half.

Croyle would not have been better (maybe he wouldn't have been worse either) -- this is all on Solari for not telling Herm to stick it and call some real football plays...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

It won't matter who plays; Herm will hold so far back on the reigns that I'll be surprised if we score more then ten points a game. So, you see there really isn't any experience to be gained running Germ Peterson's style of NON-fense.

Default 0-16

I love the chiefs and I love to see them win but if we are going to lose i would rather have a 0-16 season and get a great first round pick *ahem* Colt Brennan or someone else that can chancge the chiefs right away. Bowe looked good today so im happy to see that I would much rather have Croyle playing because he may throw interceptions but at least his interceptions are 30 40 yds down the field not 5 or 10 like huards. I know he cant be blamed for the one pick today but when a defensive lineman intercepts the ball you should ram your hed into a gatorade cooler and hope you drown. Well thats just my thought But I will always see red and love the KC Chiefs !

I'm not gonna make any excuses about today's game at all. What I saw was pitiful offensive play calling going up against a very good defense. It is obvious to me and everyone that Herm was being WAY too conservative. I only saw 3 or 4 plays that were for more than 20 yards. Who does he think he is? Throw the ball down the field, you won't win unless you give your offense a chance to make plays.
    Right now, it looks like Herm is controlling the offense, and it looks like he has no confidence whatsoever in it. He's afraid of interceptions, he's afraid of turnovers, he's afraid of drops. All of those happened today, but not because of taking risks. Exactly the opposite, the Texans knew EXACTLY what we were trying to do, and they swarmed our short passes and screens completely. In the beginning of the game, I saw a glimmer of hope that Herm was beginning to get into the rythm, but Medlock missing the chipshot just shoved the momentum we had down our throats.
    Defense overall was good, they got hit for one big play which was a TD, but really I gotta give to to the playcalling there. Ahman Green sold it beautifully by going through a hole like he was running and not clearly blocking anyone, and every single guy on defense bit. Other than that, defense was good. Hopefully, Herm can get off his conservative butt, get into the playbook, and THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD.

On a positive note. Sammy Parker found out that he has hands, and they can catch footballs if used correctly

Default I Am Not Surprised

It took Herm Edwards 18 games to gut our once great offence. He and Carl Peterson have done the same thing to our Chiefs as the Royals Management from across the parking lot. What a shame!
    The shell game Herm and Carl played with our defence resulted in the Texans scoring Again and Again and Again.
    I started to have a sick feeling in my stomach as I watched the Miami game at Arrowhead. The offence couldn't move the ball and couldn't score. I was so hoping I was wrong.
    Where did we find that horrible kick returner? Did you notice that Benny Sapp started returning the kicks? Where did we find those other loosers?
    It is a sad day in the Chiefs Nation!
    BLITZ53

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    c'mon - the problem was not Huard. It was game plan. Huard had 2 interceptions -- one hit the receiver in the hands and as he was hit, it went straight up in the air.
    i didn't say it was all Huards fault... i understand that the offense is horrible...i'm just saying if that's what we're gonna get out of our offense, let Brodie get some real game experience. He can hand the ball off with the best of them.

What's the worst that could happen? we start winning games and get a poor draft pick? I wouldn't be shocked if we start 0-8... what team in the next 7 do you really think we could beat? Oakland? that's always a tuff game, despite how awful they are...now we can't stop anyone OR score now.

PLAY BRODIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    i didn't say it was all Huards fault... i understand that the offense is horrible...i'm just saying if that's what we're gonna get out of our offense, let Brodie get some real game experience. He can hand the ball off with the best of them.

What's the worst that could happen? we start winning games and get a poor draft pick? I wouldn't be shocked if we start 0-8... what team in the next 7 do you really think we could beat? Oakland? that's always a tuff game, despite how awful they are...now we can't stop anyone OR score now.

PLAY BRODIE!!!
    OK - I re-read --> I agree with you. Doesn't matter who was there, if you are not throwing the ball, that offense is not going any where. AND if we are going to play that offense all year, then we will not make the play-offs. If we are pretty sure we are not going to make the play-offs, play Croyle. Why not?

Herm screwed us. Solari sold out.

The defense did not look that bad. They had some big plays. They only gave up 13 points. 3 of those were due to a turn-over. That last drive, they just looked tired - and who can blame them? They were on the field forever due to run - run - pass - punt.

You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

On the other hand, the offense really hasn't played together, it was a road game and we are only 0-1. I say give Huard a real chance. Don't throw in the towel because of one lousy game. Nor, just two lousy games. What kind of sense would it make to feed Croyle to the Bears? How much do you guys hate Brodie Croyle?

Easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast