We've seen all over the internet that this draft will be one of the deepest EVER in the history of the NFL. The Chiefs will have a couple names that will be attractive to some other teams. Derrick Johnson, Glenn Dorsey, Brian Waters and Dwayne Bowe are all names that could attract attention.

*trade partner

I'd love to see DJ stay in KC, but I've read that there are teams who have him as their top FA target if he hits the market. If there's no CBA or if the Chiefs franchise him, they could bring back a nice package in a trade. I'd ask for at least a 3rd.

*traded to Miami Dolphins (in desperate need of ILB help in their 3-4 system.)

-Receive #73

Glenn Dorsey "doesn't fit the system" or so some people say... I don't believe that. He outperformed TJ all season long. However, he might be out best piece to trade. He has shown his ability to be a force on defense. Here's the question. What would you ask for in a trade for Albert Haynesworth in this 3rd year if you KNEW he was going to become a perennial pro bowler? I don't think you can ask for anything less than a first round pick AND a second round pick if you're negotiating with the Detroit Lions (where Gunther Cunningham is the DC). If it's any other team, you need to bring back comparable point value.

*traded to Detroit Lions (obvious match here but only if Suh is taken #1 overall... it'll be interesting to see what Pioli takes for him.)

-receives #2 and #34 overall

All-Pro Guards are ALWAYS in high demand. Will Shields is still an "old regime" guy. This trade would probably depend on the relationship Shields and Haley/Pioli currently have. He asked for a trade last season and it will be interesting to see what develops between the two sides during this offseason. If the Chiefs decide to trade the best player on their OL, they should be asking for at least a 2nd and a 4th.

*trades to... wait for it... Oakland Raiders

- receives #39 and #105 overall.

The last... Dwayne Bowe. All the potential in the world. Bowe hasn't seemed to take to Haley's coaching all that well. I think they'll have a tough time getting a first round pick for Bowe, but they need to get the point equivalent of a high 2nd rounder. So, for this post's sake, we'll say a high 2nd rounder.

*trades to Tampa Bay who will be losing Antonio Bryant

-receives #35 overall

#5 overall to the Buffalo Bills. The Bills will trade up for a shot at Okung. We get their 3rd round pick.

*trades to Buffalo

-receives #9 and #72

Let's say ALL those trades are made for the corresponding compensation. The Chiefs' draft looks like this:

1st
#2 (Lions for Dorsey)
#9 (Buffalo for #5)
2nd
#34 (Lions for Dorsey)
#35 (Tampa for Bowe)
#39 (Oakland for Waters)
#50 (Atlanta for Gonzales)
3rd
#72 (Buffalo for #5)
#73 (Miami for DJ)
4th
#105 (Oakland for Waters)
#107 (Miami for DJ)
5th
#139 (Miami for Thigpen)
#144 (Carolina for Tank Tyler)
6th
7th
none

16 picks...7 of the top 50 and 10 picks in the first 3 rounds. Pipe dream, absolutely. But if broken down individually, all the trades are absolutely possible. If we're looking to re-build this team, it starts in the draft. Almost 15% of the top 50 would go a LONG way to building a PERENNIAL Super Bowl contender.

What other trades could the Chiefs make that I'm over-looking?