Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents for KC

Default Free Agents for KC

I have seen alot of talk about going out and getting some Free Agents to fill holes. That we have such a low salery compared to other teams, which is true because we are such a young team, and should spend money on Free Agents. I don't see that there will be much there for the taking. My question is: Who do you think will not resign with current team that would be worth going after? Thanks

Peppers from the panters is unlikely to return to them. he would help with the pass rush.

There are many Free Agents in 2010, but I don't have much knowledge as to which ones might not want to re-sign with their current team.

The Free Agent I would like to see the Chiefs acquire, and do believe without doubt he would be beneficial to the Chiefs in many aspects...is: T-Rich!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will agree Peppers is a good player. But he is a 4-3 end. He would have the same reaction to comming here and being an end in our 3-4 system as Haynesworth is haveing in Washington. He doesn't have the speed, and is too big to be and OLB. Great player, just doesnt fit here IMO

Peppers takes too many plays off and he has never played OLB in the 3-4 before...we know he can rush the passer, but how is he dropping back in coverage and playing the run and waht not? I would rather throw the bank at someone under 30. no thanks

I would like to see us grab Kirk Morrison if he is not re signed by Oakland. Young and talented...
    edit: Also if Leigh Bodden is URFA I think he could show our young secondary alot
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 02-01-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    I will agree Peppers is a good player. But he is a 4-3 end. He would have the same reaction to comming here and being an end in our 3-4 system as Haynesworth is haveing in Washington. He doesn't have the speed, and is too big to be and OLB. Great player, just doesnt fit here IMO
    Julius Peppers said a year ago that he wants to go to a 3-4 team and play outside linebacker.

I agree with McD - Pepper's advancing in age and I'd prefer to build around a pass rusher like Elvis Dumervil, who WOULD be a free agent if the CBA got resolved. As it stands, he would be a RFA and would cost us a first round pick to sign him, not that the broncos would let him go.

The problem is the CBA - it vastly affects the free agents we would likely be going after.

My top free agents, if the CBA is resolved and 5 year vets become UFA -

1. DJ Williams
    1B. Kirk Morrison

Either of these guys would be excellent additions. The AFC West has excellent young linebackers (except us) and it would be fantastic to steal one of these tackling machines from a division rival.

2. Elvis Dumervil - Duh - the sack leader from 2009 would be a free agent, but most likely will be stuck on the broncos another year.

3. Vince Wilfork. I am sure the Patriots are already trying to figure out what to do with him, especially after he called the team out on franchising him again.

4. Vincent Jackson/Miles Austin - either of these guys would break the bank, but would also be incredible players to get. Again, they'll be RFA without a new CBA. Honestly, I'd offer them a huge contract, and if it costs us a first rounder, then it does. They are better than any wide receiver we'd get in the first round, and Cassel needs help.

5. Lofa Tatupa - another killer linebacker who would be available.

6. Anthony Fasano. He has been inconsistent, but showed flashes in Miami of the talent that made him a first-day draft pick. With the tight end coach from Notre Dame (who coached up Fasano, Carleson, and now has another first day talent on the team) he might reach his potential.

Maybe that guy named Wiegman will jump ship from Denver...

I'm not sure. Are the chiefs improved enough for a free agent to want to be with the chiefs?
    In an update I got from Coach the chiefs seem to be doing much better than they were.
    The chiefs can only get better but its a long road from being the team anyone can beat to a respectable team that makes the other teams shake in their cleats.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast