Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents for KC

Default Free Agents for KC

I have seen alot of talk about going out and getting some Free Agents to fill holes. That we have such a low salery compared to other teams, which is true because we are such a young team, and should spend money on Free Agents. I don't see that there will be much there for the taking. My question is: Who do you think will not resign with current team that would be worth going after? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    absolutley! This guy is ridiculously talented. His attitude will calm down and he is the best wide receiver in the league in my book. He's a threat to catch the ball every time and he's an even bigger threat after he catches it. Plus he's only 26. If he's available and we don't go after him, then we have problems.
    Remember the last time the Chiefs signed a Diva to a long term deal? Last I checked he's playing in Cincy. I wouldn't mind a guy with the talent of BMarsh, and I fully believe he would be a decent teammate on and off the field as long as the going was good. There is no way I would feel comfortable throwing him long term money though, try as you might, you can't win 'em all. When that happens he'll be back to his crybaby self. Heck, the guy starts 6-0 and he loses his head after just a few losses (even though he does have to deal with McFailure, I think how he handles himself is pretty unprofessional).
    Last edited by Chief Tyler; 02-03-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Remember the last time the Chiefs signed a Diva to a long term deal? Last I checked he's playing in Cincy. I wouldn't mind a guy with the talent of BMarsh, and I fully believe he would be a decent teammate on and off the field as long as the going was good. There is no way I would feel comfortable throwing him long term money though, try as you might, you can't win 'em all. When that happens he'll be back to his crybaby self. Heck, the guy starts 6-0 and he loses his head after just a few losses (even though he does have to deal with McFailure, I think how he handles himself is pretty unprofessional).
    I would hope that IF and that is a big IF the Chiefs were to get him somehow then Pioli and Haley would have talked with him to see if he truley was as bad as some have made it sound. Sometimes the media can take something very little and blow it into something huge. But your right I dont want to have to deal with anther LJ next season. Hes shown some signs of haveing that in him. Just got to find out if with that new coach he just couldnt work things out. I dont recall many issues when shanahan was coaching but then again I dont realy pay much attention to what Denver is doing.

I would like to see Brandon Marshall become a chief! The guy is a beast and we could use more more talent on offense, that would really give the chiefs some offensive threats with Charles, Bowe, and Marshall! Being that he will be a restricted free agent though I doubt the Donkeys will not likely trade him into the AFC West!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    There was just as much reason to sign with KC last year as there will be this year and it didn't happen. The Patriots just don't hit the FA market hard like the Skins, Giants, Cowboys, ect. I don't think its going to change now, now matter how much you guys want it to.

It's hard to predict what the Saints might do with their running back situation, but I think they get rid of Bush, even after his recent play. He's an overpaid injury risk.
    You are aware that we got two new coordinators, aren't you? Because they were NOT here last year.

We didn't even have a coaching staff during free agency.

Here is a site that I use to look up free agents:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

They are posting all the FAs by position over the course of the week. Enjoy.

Nice link jap1...

i would love to have Ben Watson at TE, Charlie Johnson (26 y/o tackle from IND), Eugene Amano from the Titans who can play Guard, Ray Edwards from MIN (hope they don't resign him but they will) and the big signing, Vince Wilfork....

wouldn't be too shabby after a decent draft and that FA offseason lol... (will never happen though)

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Nice link jap1...

i would love to have Ben Watson at TE, Charlie Johnson (26 y/o tackle from IND), Eugene Amano from the Titans who can play Guard, Ray Edwards from MIN (hope they don't resign him but they will) and the big signing, Vince Wilfork....

wouldn't be too shabby after a decent draft and that FA offseason lol... (will never happen though)
    It is highly unlikey to get all of them but hopefuly we can pick up 1 or 2. That would be a start for this team.

1)Vince Wilfork

2)Logan Mankins...draft Russ Okung(OT) at #5 and Mo Pouncey(C) at #36....

That would give us at o-line:
    Okung/Waters/pouncey/Mankins/Albert

3)WR??
    Breaston
    What does anyone think of Josh Reed??
    Vincent Jackson
    Ben watson could help the offense

4)RB...need short yardage guy
    Lendale White

Yes, Peppers is tempting i don't think he'ld sign with us
    Wants togo to a contender for a ring

What about Shawn Merriman?

Karlos Dansby would help a weak LBing group(i like Thomas Davis.....could be a hugh signing for a far price)

I believe Wilfork is the key signing
    remember Casey Hampton is a free agent also

WR is desperate need?

I think the most likely big acquisitions we might make this offseason are Pats LT Matt Light and a potential trade for Anquan Boldin.

I think Wilfork gets franchised and they keep him. He is the best pure nose tackle in the game that isn't over 30.

Dansby would be nice but some team is going to VASTLY overpay, just like with Bart Scott last year.

The uncapped year is going to make free agency a mess. So many guys are restricted free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    1)Vince Wilfork

2)Logan Mankins...draft Russ Okung(OT) at #5 and Mo Pouncey(C) at #36....

That would give us at o-line:
    Okung/Waters/pouncey/Mankins/Albert

3)WR??
    Breaston
    What does anyone think of Josh Reed??
    Vincent Jackson
    Ben watson could help the offense

4)RB...need short yardage guy
    Lendale White

Yes, Peppers is tempting i don't think he'ld sign with us
    Wants togo to a contender for a ring

What about Shawn Merriman?

Karlos Dansby would help a weak LBing group(i like Thomas Davis.....could be a hugh signing for a far price)

I believe Wilfork is the key signing
    remember Casey Hampton is a free agent also

WR is desperate need?
    White would be a good pickup i think he would be the power to Charles speed. That would be a good 1 2 punch. The only thing i could see getting in his way of comeing to KC is if someone is going to offer him a starting job. He would be a good fit though IMO.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast