Thread: Tailgating at Arrowhead traditions?

Default Tailgating at Arrowhead traditions?

What are your tailgating traditions at Arrowhead? Besides drinking beer of course, hahaha. :)

The first time I've been able to ever tailgate at Arrowhead, was at the home opener against the Raiders...thanks to YZILLA inviting & including me. I was able to tailgate a second time in December with Canada, YZILLA, Tammie & others. Both times I had a blast of course!

YZILLA's friend Nate, set a Raiders jersey on fire in a pre-game ceremony of sorts, haha. It was pretty cool & fun, and if I was to begin a tailgating tradition of my own, burning the opponents jersey would definitely be one!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

We just usually get there a few hours early and get some food. Then we go in an hour early and walk around the stadium.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We just usually get there a few hours early and get some food. Then we go in an hour early and walk around the stadium.
    No rituals huh?

I like the burning of the jersey, but you'd need to find used or really cheap ones. I've seen used jerseys fairly cheap on Ebay that have peeling lettering.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

On gameday I only wear Chiefs clothes and drink out of my Chiefs coffee cup and use my Chiefs beer can holder. I start with the socks, boxers, thsirt, pants, sweater and hat!! Nothing that is not Kansas City on me anywhere!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Oh...and my jersey of course!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I do that too Canada!

Everything is Chiefs...clothes, shoes, purse, earrings, watch, ponytail holders, haha. I paint my toenails red, sometimes alternate toes between red & yellow gold too...my family laughs when I do that, haha.

If I could find some quality non bleeding wash out hair dye in Chiefs red & yellow gold...I'd dye my hair red on game day, with yellow gold streaks running through it. I've seen the wigs, but I think it would be cool to actually dye my hair. They don't make the wash out colors I need though. :(