Thread: My CHIEFS mock 3.0

Default My CHIEFS mock 3.0

My CHIEFS mock 3.0 (February 2nd)

First Round:
    1. Rams- DT-Suh
    2. Lions- OT-Okung
    3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
    4. Redskins- QB-Bradford
    5. CHIEFS- ILB- Rolando McClain (previous pick: SAME)

Second Round:
    36. CHIEFS- NT-Terrance Cody (previous pick: TE- JERMAINE GRESHAM *won't be available)
    50. CHIEFS (From Atlanta)-DE/OLB Brandon Graham (previous pick: OT KYLE CALLOWAY)

Third Round:
    68. CHIEFS- WR-Jordan Shipley (previous pick: SAME)

Fourth Round-
    99. CHIEFS- S-Myron Rolle (previous pick: SERGIO KINDLE *won't be available)

Fifth Round-
    133. CHIEFS-RB-LaGarret Blount (previous pick: SAME)
    139. CHIEFS (From Miami)-QB-Jevan Snead (previous pick: MYRON ROLLE *wont be available)
    145. CHIEFS (From Carolina)OG- Eric Olsen (previous pick: SAME)

Sixth Round-
    164. CHIEFS-OG-Brandon Carter (previous pick: SAME)

1. Rolando McClain- ILB (Alabama)
    It's obvious that the Chiefs at the VERY LEAST need one more ILB whether they keep Derrick Johnson or not. I'd like to see Johnson stay and team up with McClain in the middle. Linebackers were not a source of strength for the Chiefs this season and if Suh and Berry are off the board at #5, the best option available for the Chiefs would be McClain. I'm usually all for upgrading the Oline, but there just isn't that OT available at #5 that would be worth the pick. McClain is a better ILB prospect than Curry was last season and he's a born defensive leader... something this defense DESPERATELY needs. Vrabel may not even be back for next season and even if he is, he won't be here much longer. McClain is the best pick here assuming Suh or Berry do not fall.

2A. Terrance Cody- NT (Alabama) This pick is assuming we don't get Wilfork. I think the Patriots are the only other team who might pick Cody in the first round because he's not worth a high first round draft pick and the Patriots are the only team (who would be in need of a NT if they lose Wilfork) who would pick Cody before he falls to the Chiefs in the 2nd round. If things work out right, we'll have a chance at either Wilfork or Cody.

2B. Brandon Graham- OLB/DE (Michigan)
    This should be the pick IF AND ONLY IF we've addressed the O-line during FA. Graham would be a nice piece on the end opposite Hali. Graham, Hali, McClain, and DJ (if he stays) would be an impressive LB corp.

3. Jordan Shipley- WR (Texas)
    If he is available, this is ALSO a no-brain decision. A PERFECT slot receiver. Sure handed, fast, quick, reliable... everything you could possibly want from a slot receiver. If this is going to be New England 2.0, consider Shipley, Welker 2.0.

4. Myron Rolle- S (Florida St.)
    Could fall. If he had gone into the draft in 2009, he could've been a 2nd round pick. However, he became the Rhodes Scholar and took the year off from football. By FAR the smartest guy in the draft. The Chiefs need help at the Safety position. He's strong, fast, and physical to go along with the smarts. If Pioli gets the feeling that Rolle will still be available in the 4th round, he may even pass on Berry if he's available at #5. The combo of McClain/Rolle would be superior to any combo of Berry/4th rd ILB (Unless Spikes is available... which he won't be). It was reported that the Chiefs had interest in him at the Senior Bowl. I think this shows the Chiefs either don't expect Berry to be available in the first or aren't going to take him at #5 overall.

5A. LaGarret Blount- RB (Oregon)
    A fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder. Another player the Chiefs had interest in at the Senior Bowl.

5B. Jevan Snead- QB (Ole Miss)
    After a poor Junior season, Snead STILL declared for the draft. I think it was a poor decision for him, but a great decision for the Chiefs' chances at landing him. He went into 2009 as a contender to be the first QB taken in 2010. He played in a pro system in college and could be a GREAT sleeper pick for the Chiefs. Since the Chiefs already have a "franchise QB" there is no need to rush him to be a starter. I think you could groom this guy like an Aaron Rogers or a Kevin Kolb or even a Matt Shaub. This pick would be a MAJOR coup for the Chiefs if they could land him in the 5th round. We already know Pioli is looking at QBs. We also know he prides himself on finding late round QBs. Taking Snead in the 5th isn't out of the question if he's still available.

5C. Eric Olsen- OG (Notre Dame)
    The Chiefs need help on the Oline. Instead of grabbing a sure-fire starting CENTER in the early rounds, the Chiefs could move Waters inside to Center and find starting guards in the 5th and 6th rounds. Eric Olsen at 6'5, 305. Has a reputation of being mean and aggressive. Played his junior year at Center and his senior year at LG. He could start at RG for the Chiefs next season.

6. Brandon Carter- (Texas Tech)
    A 2008 first team All-American. He played OT, but will probably play OG at the next level. He would start IMMEDIATELY at LG next to Albert. This kid is one of the nastiest players in America. After having some nice guys on the line like Shields and Waters, it might be interesting to have a few guys on this line who would kick your mother in the mouth to gain a yard.

No way brandon graham is there at the end of second round. His stock is skyrocketing and alot of mocks now have him at the end of the first. Lowest pick i have seen is the Lions first pick in the second round before us. We MIGHT be able to get him with our first second but no way our 2b. And i doubt we will take a ILB at #5 and a OLB at #37. Well maybe we did take 2 DE's back to back.

If we can get shiply in the 3rd that would be a good pick up. I dont think he will be there in the 3rd round though.

I like several of the picks, but think its unlikely they will be available where you slotted them.

Specifically, Graham, Shipley, Blount.

Brandon Graham might not be there at the end of the second, but he is not going in the first for sure. So that's not too much of a stretch.

I think that Tex has Myron Rolle exactly where he will be going. Nobody has seen him play in over a year.

Shipley is the only guy that will probably move up from Texas' mock spot, so all in all, the positioning is not as bad as you may think. Also, we pick at the beginning of every round, so these picks are a tad lower than you may be thinking.

The only thing that this mock has going against it is that it is just too good to be true. Teams will reach for a few of these players.

I would pass out if this mock came to fruition.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 02-03-2010 at 12:14 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

I would pass out if this mock came to fruition.
    I agree that this would be a lights out draft. We would definitely ned to address OL in free agency if this is the direction they are headed.

I would be one happy chief fan if this was how the draft went. Blount at rb to go with Charles would be a good backfield. Sneed might turn out to be a great find that late. I think he could be a solid nfl qb. But thats just from the little I saw of him in college.

I've seen this in a lot of mocks, but how come everybody takes Demorio Williams outta the startiing lineup whey they mock us? I thought he was our leading tackler and a very good ILB. I know DJ is a fan favorite but wouldn't you believe they would put D Williams as the starter still?

Still ignoring the o-line?

It does seem to be pretty likely that The Chiefs will do just that. That has been the theme for quite awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Still ignoring the o-line?

It does seem to be pretty likely that The Chiefs will do just that. That has been the theme for quite awhile now.
    I have a feeling they're gonna raid the Patriots' O-line. There's also too much talent on the Saints' O-line for them all to stay. There's gonna be some names on the FA market that the Chiefs will pursue. I just don't think they're gonna get their O-line help from the draft. They're expecting young players to play like vets already... they're not gonna sit around and wait for more kids to develop. I can almost guarantee we'll get our starting LT from NE this offseason. It won't happen, but I would "pass out" if we could snag Jari Evans from NO for our RG spot. Albert at LG, Waters at C, and Evans at RG would be awesome!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast