Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best and worst game of the 2009 Season?

Default Best and worst game of the 2009 Season?

Okay...for me the best game of the Chiefs 2009 season was the last one against the Donk's at Mile High. A previous committment kept me from watching the Steeler's game, so I can't compare those two.

The worst game for me was the game against the Browns. I was at Arrowhead for that game, and it was the most frustrating game I think I've ever witnessed...for many reasons, too many to mention!

What are your choices for best and worst?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

To me the best game of the season was when we played the Steelers because everybody was picking against us and it was probably the best TEAM performance of the whole year.

The worst game was when we played San Diego back in October, I say that because I was there for that game and we got beat terribly and on top of that having to sit in the rain was no fun, the rain really fit the mood of the crowd I will say that. The other game I went to was the Browns game.. it was fun for the most part because of the constant scoring but a big disappointment in the end.

Resident Celebrity

San Diego game in October was the worst, no doubt. Best was the Denver game at the end of the season.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    To me the best game of the season was when we played the Steelers because everybody was picking against us and it was probably the best TEAM performance of the whole year.

The worst game was when we played San Diego back in October, I say that because I was there for that game and we got beat terribly and on top of that having to sit in the rain was no fun, the rain really fit the mood of the crowd I will say that. The other game I went to was the Browns game.. it was fun for the most part because of the constant scoring but a big disappointment in the end.
    Where were you sitting at the Browns game? I wish I'd known that! We could've met!

The biggest reason, though only one of many, was because my friend from Germany and his two sons were with me attending their first ever regular season game, and with the stadium being so empty, then losing...it just all around was a horrible first game for them to attend at Arrowhead.

There were some frustrating bad calls against the Chiefs, and then there were a couple times there should've been calls against the Browns there weren't!!

There were lame Chiefs fans around me too, didn't even try to help our defense with noise. I realize with a half empty stadium it wouldn't have helped...but I'm a believer in that you do what you can as a fan to help your team, regardless. I find it hypocritical when a fan heckles & boo's the players for not doing their part, and yet the fan isn't doing their part either!

I didn't like the booing and heckling much, first game I've EVER attended that Chiefs fans booed & heckled our team so much! I understood it, but I just think it's counter productive and harms a team more than helps.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I was in the upper deck section 331. We had some hecklers in our section too, people cussing Cassel and Haley all game long, it got old there for a bit because the Chiefs just weren't scoring but then it became a shootout which made it exciting for me. The friend I brought along was attending his first NFL game ever so I felt a little bad for him but he said he had fun so that made it cool. Another thing that made it cool for me was getting all the free stuff they gave away at that game!

Resident Celebrity

Best game: Steelers and the last game against the Broncos
    Worst: Cleveland game

I was at the Browns game too, but even though we lost, it was a close, hard fought game. For me the best game was the Broncos at the end of the season and keeping them out of the playoffs.

The worst game was also the Broncos at home and losing 44-13. I always watch every Chiefs game and I happened to be sitting at a Hooters. These guys (not Broncos fans though) were being *******s and kept being like, "dude can we change the channel so we can watch what we want" b/c they wanted to sit at the bar and I was watching the only TV by where they got seats at the bar. There did happen to be seats open everywhere in the rest of the restaurant. Anyways, it was embarrassing b/c they got destroyed and I had to stand my ground that I was going to watch the whole game.

Best Game: Denver, the last game of the year. If we were going to have an awful record and win no more than 3 or 4 games, I would pick us to be Denver.

Worst game: Either against the Chargers at or against Cleavland at home. Nothing went right in the Chargers game. Hell they didn't even play that well, we just didn't play that great.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Shoot Ryfo you were at the Browns game too! Those of us from Chiefs Crowd should've gotten together and tailgated! I didn't realize other's would be there.

It was a good game as far as keeping one's interest from time to time, just frustrating overall. The heckling fans close to my seat were irritating at times, which didn't help my enjoying the game.

Stricken...what give aways did you get at the Browns game? All I got was a $10 vendor coupon, and a 2009 team poster.

was no "best" game...the least worst was the steelers game...we played surpisingly well and beat a pretty good team
    the "worst" worst game was the first raiders game....the raiders were patheticly inept and tried to hand us the game many times, but we were couldn't take it. to lose to that bad a raiders team at home was gut wrenching.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast