Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nine Words Women Use...

Default Nine Words Women Use...

This is GOOD, lol. It was written by a man for men. For the record...I fully admit as a woman that what you'll read below is the truth overall. I'm not in self denial, hahaha. That said, there are some exceptions for some women. In my case I take exception with #2...I would NEVER do that if it was a football game, especially the Chiefs! lol

I take exception with #6 too...it depends upon the tone used when saying "that's okay". Sometimes "that's okay" can be a positive phrase, haha.

In our defense...we women do have positive personality traits too! hahaha

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!

5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing)

6) That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here-this is true, unless she says “thanks a lot”- that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say “you’re welcome”- that will bring on a ‘whatever’.)

8) Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying F*** YOU!

9) Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the response refer to #3.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-04-2010 at 02:39 AM. Reason: spacing

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Dude, just do all you can to keep mama happy. Because, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

...Trust me on this.
    I'm doing my best. If I didn't like her so much, then I wouldn't care.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I'm doing my best. If I didn't like her so much, then I wouldn't care.
    Learn from my lessons my young padawan!

Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Nine Words Women Use...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4G2Ehg0HlE"]YouTube- Seinfeld : Kramer 's theory on marriage[/ame]
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Well, marriage is considered an institution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    lol

no u didnt offend me. u think too much babe.

my post was a joke too. not meant to offend anyone.
    LOL I think thinking too much is another one of those female quirks I'd rather not have, hahaha.

I'm so relieved!!! I was worried I might have offended. Sometimes it's difficult when communicating on a PC screen to know what's meant in jest or seriously...since there's no body language to view, or tone of voice to hear. I just like to clarify if in doubt, to avoid misunderstandings or hurt feelings.

Thank you for clarifying SnakeIze!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I married following high school graduation, at 17. Many married after school back then, it wasn't considered young in 1972. We met & began dating at 15. We didn't have kids right away, our daughter was born when I was 20, our son at 22...they're now 34 & 32! In a blink of an eye I lost at least 20 yrs!! haha

My husband was my best friend, and I his...for 34 of our 37 yrs of marriage. Our personalities complemented one anothers in most ways. We had our differences, as all couples do, but the good memories far outweighed any bad. I'm blessed to have had 34 years of marital happiness and love.

After his heart attack scare Feb. 2007, something went wrong with his wiring, the clinical depression made him someone I didn't know, nor did our kids and friends. He was someone else in my husbands body. Lord knows I tried for 2 yrs...but, you can't help someone who won't put forth the effort to help
    themself.

The divorce was hard, but it was a matter of my emotional and physical well being and necessary...my husband understood that, so did our family. Our divorce wasn't 'ugly', and though we don't talk often, having moved on...we remain 'friends' on some level.

He use to ask me for advice related to his emotional and life issues, including his problems with current live in girlfriend, hahaha. I finally told him he was gonna have to figure it for himself, cause I just couldn't advise him on his girlfriend problems, haha. He mixed himself up with a bad gal, and doesn't know how to get out now. He told me & the kids, "her book of bad life deeds is full". I'll spare y'all the details from that point.

Marriage is work, a full time job & then some on both sides. It takes two willing to compromise and make an effort...only one participating usually ends up bad. Mutual respect in every aspect for sure.

The rewards and blessings of marriage can't be compared to those of being single...not in my opinion. I miss my best friend, I miss many things marriage brings to one's life, but...I know I'm where God wants me to be. It's in God's hands whether or not I will have another best friend in life. If not, I know God will always be my best friend. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    LOL I think thinking too much is another one of those female quirks I'd rather not have, hahaha.

I'm so relieved!!! I was worried I might have offended. Sometimes it's difficult when communicating on a PC screen to know what's meant in jest or seriously...since there's no body language to view, or tone of voice to hear. I just like to clarify if in doubt, to avoid misunderstandings or hurt feelings.

Thank you for clarifying SnakeIze!!
    Well this is a sports board so here are the men's rules.

We always hear"the rules"from the female side.
    Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...
    these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.
    You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides.
    Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
    And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want.
    Let us be clear on this one:
    Subtle hints do not work!
    Strong hints do not work!
    Obvious hints do not work!
    Just say it!

1. Yes and No are
    perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem
    only if you want help solving it.
    That's what we do.
    Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a
    problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
    In fact, all comments become null and void after
    7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the
    other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.
    If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did
    not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.

Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color.

Pumpkin is also a fruit.
    We have
    no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it
    will be scratched.
    We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong.
    We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape.
    Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this.
    Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping out.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post

Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.

Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

Just say it!

1. Yes and No areperfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problemonly if you want help solving it.
    That's what we do.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is aproblem. See a doctor.

In fact, all comments become null and void after7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant theother one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.

1. Christopher Columbus didnot need directions and neither do we.

Pumpkin is also a fruit.
    We haveno idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, itwill be scratched.
    We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. I am in shape.Round is a shape.

Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping out.

Those are GREAT!! hahahaha

Sunday sports rule #1 I get! My x-hub wasn't raised a Chiefs fan, he followed my lead. He is now, but not diehard like me. He never wanted to get up early enough to tailgate when we went to Arrowhead. My first time tailgating in life was with YZILLA & his group the home opener against the Raiders.

X-hub hated going to Draft Day, nor did he enjoy going to the HOF in Canton back in 2002 the first time I was there. If it hadn't of been for our mutual friend Robert wanting to go, we wouldn't have went. He did enjoy going to games at Arrowhead though, & watching football on TV like I do, we didn't have that difference.

Shopping sport rule #1 I get! I'm not a shopper like most girls for clothes & shoes, in fact I rarely do, only when I need to. I don't like typical mall shopping, don't even usually go when my girlfriends ask me along. I like shopping for Chiefs memorabilia in antique malls or Ebay. Do most my shopping on line.

Too many Shoes rule #1... I don't have many girly shoes, not 'me'...but do love cowboy boots and Chiefs tennis shoes! Nice thing about boots is they're timeless. I still have & wear boots I've had 20 yrs, I take good care of them.

I get discussing the monster truck rule #1, but not baseball or shotgun formation, football I can discuss! haha. I prefer trucks over cars...unless it's a muscle car! My dream car is an original Shelby Cobra! I'll never have one, they're for the rich, but I can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post

Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!

Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

Just say it!

1. Yes and No areperfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problemonly if you want help solving it.
    That's what we do.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is aproblem. See a doctor.

In fact, all comments become null and void after7 days.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant theother one.

1. Christopher Columbus didnot need directions and neither do we.

Pumpkin is also a fruit.
    We haveno idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, itwill be scratched.
    We do that.

1. I am in shape.Round is a shape.

Enjoy that couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Those are GREAT!! hahahaha

Sunday sports rule #1 I get! My x-hub wasn't raised a Chiefs fan, he followed my lead. He is now, but not diehard like me. He never wanted to get up early enough to tailgate when we went to Arrowhead. My first time tailgating in life was with YZILLA & his group the home opener against the Raiders.

X-hub hated going to Draft Day, nor did he enjoy going to the HOF in Canton back in 2002 the first time I was there. If it hadn't of been for our mutual friend Robert wanting to go, we wouldn't have went. He did enjoy going to games at Arrowhead though, & watching football on TV like I do, we didn't have that difference.

Shopping sport rule #1 I get! I'm not a shopper like most girls for clothes & shoes, in fact I rarely do, only when I need to. I don't like typical mall shopping, don't even usually go when my girlfriends ask me along. I like shopping for Chiefs memorabilia in antique malls or Ebay. Do most my shopping on line.

Too many Shoes rule #1... I don't have many girly shoes, not 'me'...but do love cowboy boots and Chiefs tennis shoes! Nice thing about boots is they're timeless. I still have & wear boots I've had 20 yrs, I take good care of them.

I get discussing the monster truck rule #1, but not baseball or shotgun formation, football I can discuss! haha. I prefer trucks over cars...unless it's a muscle car! My dream car is an original Shelby Cobra! I'll never have one, they're for the rich, but I can dream!
    Do you like to fish also? If I hadn't been married for 40 years I would ask you to marry me you sound like my dream girl!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast