Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Day at Arrowhead...any planning on going?

Default Draft Day at Arrowhead...any planning on going?

Draft Day at Arrowhead is coming up in a couple months, and I was just wondering if any from Chiefs Crowd are planning on being there?

I use to go every year with family, but missed the last couple DD parties at Arrowhead...so was planning to re-claim the tradition of attending this year.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I was there last year and the year before and partied it pretty hard. We tailgated until like midnite that nite .We were the only ones tailgating in the parking lot after the Draft. probably had about 20-25 of us with random people just stopping by and trying some of our pork loin. I really cant see them having anything this year with the stupid schedule of stretching it out over 4 days . Stupid , stupid , stupid if you ask me.
    Well, it may be wishful hoping on my part...but maybe they'll have an 'End of Draft Party' over the weekend if it starts on a Thursday night?

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Forget 'End of Draft Party' hopes...checked the kccchiefs website tonight & found this :(

Join the Kansas City Chiefs at their annual Draft Day Party on Thursday, April 22nd at the Chiefs Indoor Practice Facility located at the Truman Sports Complex.

This is your chance to meet and greet current and former Chiefs players, with special appearances by the Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf.

This year, the first round of the draft has moved into prime time on Thursday night.
    Doors will open at 4:00 PM with “Voice of the Chiefs” Mitch Holthus providing commentary along with Chiefs players and personalities throughout the evening.

The draft begins at 6:30 p.m. (Central) live from New York, with the Chiefs scheduled to make the fifth overall selection in the draft. Don’t miss the excitement of the Chiefs 2010 Draft Day Party.

What: Chiefs 2010 Draft Day Party
    When: Thursday, April 22nd
    Time: Doors open at 4:00 PM, event kicks off at 4:30 PM & ends approx. one hour after the Chiefs pick.
    Location: Chiefs Indoor Practice Facility at the Truman Sports Complex
    Details: Guest appearances and autographs from current and former Chiefs players, Cheerleaders and KC Wolf; Commentary from “Voice of the Chiefs” Mitch Holthus and several Chiefs players and personalities.
    Tickets: $15 General Admission in advance or $18 at the door
    $85 Red Zone VIP seating
    $25 Reserved seating
    $10 kids under 12 years of age
    Kids 2 and under are free
    Tickets go on sale Friday, February 5th at 10 a.m. and are available at kcchiefs.com, by calling 800-745-3000, at all Ticketmaster outlets or the Arrowhead Stadium Box Office. Tickets sold through Ticketmaster are subject to a service charge.
    Red Zone VIP Tables: For those seeking VIP Treatment, we are offering exclusive reserved “Red Zone VIP Tables” to accommodate 10 guests in a prime location. You will have a reserved seat throughout the event as your wait staff takes care of your party’s food and drink needs. The price for these tables is $850 or individual spots can be purchased for $85 each and includes a complimentary buffet, three (3) complimentary drinks (water, soda or beer) and a Draft Day gift for each guest.
    Reserved Seating: The addition of reserved seating is new for 2010. You no longer have to wait for a seat to open up, if you reserve yours in advance. $25 includes a reserved seat for the duration of the event.
    Parking: All attendees will need to enter the Sports Complex via Gate 5 (off I-435) and park in Lot N.
    For More Information: Call (816) 920-4892.

I wish i could come.

Its a long way to drive for a draft party with it starting on Thursday night. The reason they did this is supposed to be for the fans. the comish says its for the people who have to work on the weekends and cant take part in watching the draft on TV . The Draft party itself was kinda lame last year anyway . We were partying and it seemed like right after we picked after we picked Tyson Jackson , they started cleaning up and moving people towards the exit. We had a pork loin cooking so when the draft ended the real party started . We had a pretty big crew in the parking lot with us after that Draft. The Royals game let out that night before we left the lot.

I would defently go to the draft party at arrowhead if i lived anywere near KC. I hope to one day get to a game at arrowhead.

If you look at my link to youtube in my sig and then search all of my videos you will see a few of the last two years draft parties !

Yeah, I had heard last year was lame. Someone said they've changed things so much that many who use to attend didn't because of the changes. A major differenece is the $15 per ticket use to include a food buffet...now it doesn't. I was told there are vendor's now & we buy food from them. We all know vendor's related to Chiefs events are over the top in prices. Shoot...I pay $5 for a cup of pop at Arrowhead...$8 for a beer...$10 for a hamburger & fries! The cost now is not as feasible, especially for families.

I would go even on a Thursday night if I had someone to go along with me, but there's no way my daughter, SIL, & kids can go on a weeknight.

I think it's a crock they're saying it's better for fans...how so when it's a work and school night for most families. Their reason sounds more like an excuse for whatever their own agenda is, TV viewer ratings for increased profit or whatever.

Every franchise in the NFL hosts DD parties...this will hurt attendance with them all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12