Thread: Yahoo News : Premature to close the door on Brady (Yahoo! Sports)

Default Yahoo News : Premature to close the door on Brady (Yahoo! Sports)

In the rush to crown Peyton Manning as the best QB all time, Tom Brady is being ridiculously disregarded.

More...

I wont consider Peyton for the best of all time till he gets the rings to prove it. He has 1 right now could have 2 but Brady has 3. I consider what hes done better then what peyton has becuse of the rings.

Brady and Manning are on good teams...teams that were established.

I think Brees could be the best. I don't think Rings prove anything. Just that you had a team around you that was good.

Since 2006 when Brees joined the Saints, he has all better stats - Rings, Wins and 4Q Comebacks.

Brees is building a team. Not playing for a good team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

I think Brees could be the best. I don't think Rings prove anything. Just that you had a team around you that was good.

Since 2006 when Brees joined the Saints, he has all better stats - Rings, Wins and 4Q Comebacks.

Thats a good point. It gets lost in the media that Peyton had Harrison and wayne there makeing him look better then what he played at times. Also they had a very good RB at the time edgerrin James. That never gets talked about either. Thats part why I say the in the media peyton is overrated.

Brady on the other hand didnt start on a great team either. They won the superbowl yes but they were not a team that was thought of as being great. Brady was already great with recivers like troy brown solid recivers but not recivers that the average NFL fan fears. I think brady still is up there on the list. But I dont think that hes the best of all time.

Best of all time I think is hard to say. The game has changed so much. Unless you could somehow see what Montana marino and anther name that i wont mention. its hard to say whos the best of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

Exactly! Tony Gonzalez was with the Chiefs since he was drafted and he never won any (even though it would've been great to) and he's probably the best TE of all time!

Yeah... Manning media is as annoying as Favre media in my opinion. Guess Joe Montana is a pile of dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Yeah... Manning media is as annoying as Favre media in my opinion. Guess Joe Montana is a pile of dirt.
    How quickly people forget just how good some athlets are after they retire.