Thread: SuperBowl is tomorrow!!

Default SuperBowl is tomorrow!!

SuperBowl Sunday is alway a day of mixed emotions for me. I like it because it's the Championship game between the two "best" teams and its a great party day!! I don't like it because when the game is over, it can't farther from next season then it is once that last tick goes off the clock. But I do like that the next game I watch will be the Chiefs. Anyways, at least at the end of this one our 4 win season will officially be put to rest and there is nothing left to do to go up.

Sorry, Im getting off topic here. The reason I started this thread is to see what everyone hasgoing on for the big day tomorrow. I have about 20 people coming over tomorrow and we are playing football and partying all day!! I have a 24 quart pot of chili going on the stove today. A 16 quart pot of beans, 15lbs of pulled pork going in the slow cooker, and the main course is 45lbs of ribs!! We have 3 BBQs going, 2 stoves and 2 ovens going all day!! Big bonfire out back all afternoon then football after dinner!! If anyone s interested come on by!! All are welcome!!

I just want to quickly add as well that this will be the first SuperBowl I have watched in 19 years without a beer. So everyone have a safe and Happy SuperBowl and then we can start counting down to kickoff!! Its the dawn of a new decade in the Chiefs kingdom and we will start by becoming known as the 2010 AFC WEST CHAMPION KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Wish I was there with you bro ! I would bring you some Apple pie ! since you dont drink beer anymore ! lol

Sounds like alot of fun ole buddy. Have a great time. Just having pizza and beer with my lady fried and a couple of guests.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Wish I was there with you bro ! I would bring you some Apple pie ! since you dont drink beer anymore ! lol
    I don't drink anything anymore. I have not been hungover in over a month now. I always thought I had poor vision, turns ou things were just blurry from being drunk!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Congrats on the no beer Canada!! That in itself is a SUPER reason to celebrate! It's not easy by any measure to give up alcohol. Very proud of you and I know you're proud too! :)

Nice post!

I'd rather be coming to your party, haha! Sounds soooooo good! Are you doing the pulled pork the way YZILLA did, with the Root Beer? It turned out great he said, & it sure sounded good.

I need to find the energy to start cooking today for about 30 coming to my house tomorrow. I began feeling funky a couple days ago, woke this morning with a damn fever, chills, sore throat, all of it. UGH!

I wish each of you a very Happy Super Bowl Sunday!! Have fun and be safe!!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-06-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: addition

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will be going to some friends house to enjoy the game and hang out. It should be a fun night and a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    SuperBowl Sunday is alway a day of mixed emotions for me. I like it because it's the Championship game between the two "best" teams and its a great party day!! I don't like it because when the game is over, it can't farther from next season then it is once that last tick goes off the clock. But I do like that the next game I watch will be the Chiefs. Anyways, at least at the end of this one our 4 win season will officially be put to rest and there is nothing left to do to go up.

Sorry, Im getting off topic here. The reason I started this thread is to see what everyone hasgoing on for the big day tomorrow. I have about 20 people coming over tomorrow and we are playing football and partying all day!! I have a 24 quart pot of chili going on the stove today. A 16 quart pot of beans, 15lbs of pulled pork going in the slow cooker, and the main course is 45lbs of ribs!! We have 3 BBQs going, 2 stoves and 2 ovens going all day!! Big bonfire out back all afternoon then football after dinner!! If anyone s interested come on by!! All are welcome!!

I just want to quickly add as well that this will be the first SuperBowl I have watched in 19 years without a beer. So everyone have a safe and Happy SuperBowl and then we can start counting down to kickoff!! Its the dawn of a new decade in the Chiefs kingdom and we will start by becoming known as the 2010 AFC WEST CHAMPION KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!

I wish I could come but yeah! KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2010 AFC WEST CHAMPS!!