Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHAT is wrong with the Super Bowl planners, are they senile?

Default WHAT is wrong with the Super Bowl planners, are they senile?

We want Katy Perry as the half time act. It's not too late, make her a surprise guest appearance.

The Super Bowl show has to appeal to everybody, let's not lose a generation of fans just because some fuddy duddy doesn't know what the kids are listening to these days.

http://surftofind.com/katy

I am serious folks, START MAKING THOSE CALLS and get her on -it will be one hell of a show !

Hardcore fans should not ignore this plea. I know the game takes priority, but this is the Internet age -people watch the shows on youtube FOREVER when it's
    all over, and it therefore MUST impress EVERYBODY to get maximum benefit out of the biggest game of the year.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, IF YOU HAVE ANY INFLUENCE !

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    We want Katy Perry as the half time act. It's not too late, make her a surprise guest appearance.

The Super Bowl show has to appeal to everybody, let's not lose a generation of fans just because some fuddy duddy doesn't know what the kids are listening to these days.

Katy Perry, American singer and songwriter

I am serious folks, START MAKING THOSE CALLS and get her on -it will be one hell of a show !

Hardcore fans should not ignore this plea. I know the game takes priority, but this is the Internet age -people watch the shows on youtube FOREVER when it's
    all over, and it therefore MUST impress EVERYBODY to get maximum benefit out of the biggest game of the year.

First...are you affliated with Perry in some way, such as an employee of her record label or publicity team? Therefore as such, spamming NFL related sites in hopes of a SB appearance by popular demand? I simply ask because I know this is common practice in the recording industry, and I know people in the industry who do such for a living.

The half time entertainment should first and foremost appeal to the majority of NFL fans who loyally support the NFL year round...of which the vast majority are not teen pop music fans. "The Who" are historic, legendary, and timeless in their music and appeal...they bridge all generations.

I doubt a "fuddy duddy" on the NFL's BOD made the decision to contract "The Who". "Fuddy Duddy" personalities would not be a fan of, or in favor of "The Who", LOL.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-08-2010 at 02:27 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post

http://surftofind.com/katy

Hey, I'm not saying THE WHO were all that good, but THAT is a bad idea

I like many of their songs & grew up with their music...but, I'm not huge fan of "The Who". I preferred the music of bands such as the Rolling Stone's, etc..

That said, no one can deny 'The Who's' legendary status in the history of music, nor that their music bridges the generations. I know many within younger generations who listen to the music of "The Who", as well as many other bands of my generation.

My generation was the original Woodstock era. It just doesn't get any better musically, than that era of Classic Rock & Folk Rock.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I got nothing against The Who, but man did they ever sound terrible through the first segment.

They got it together. But it was pretty nasty at first.

Personally, I would rather they just do away with the halftime show.

But that's just me.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I got nothing against The Who, but man did they ever sound terrible through the first segment.

But that's just me.
    I like the who, but i also thought they sounded bad at first.
    But halftime is beer,pee and food break anyways.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

The Who was probably my least favorite performance since Prince in 2007. I like the Who's music, but I just don't understand putting a group out there that is way past their prime. The performance was not good at all.

As for Katy Perry comments, this looks like SPAM.

I'm not a fan of Prince at all...the dude is freaky and always has been, his music as freaky as he is most times.

I read some info on Facebook this morning from those within the music industry. They were saying that the sound people screwed up somehow mixing...and that's why the sound quality wasn't that good, rather than the bad sound being the fault of 'The Who' themselves.

My favorite half time performance was in 2004, the year Janet Jackson made infamous half time history, lol. It wasn't because of her though, it was because Kid Rock performed right before she did.

He got bashed a little for wearing a custom designed Amercian Flag poncho...but he didn't wear it to disrespect the flag...rather in support of America's Military & his Patriotism. He's extremely Patriotic, very loyal & dedicated to our troops.

He's spent almost the entire month of December in Iraq for the last several years. He's even near the front lines, not one of those celebs who stays clear of all danger. A couple yrs ago a bomb went off in a war zone he was near...he rode in the ambulance with several wounded soldiers offering emotional support.

It's not just about his music that make's me his fan...I'm a fan of Kid Rock as a human being too...he has a heart of gold most aren't aware of due to negative media hype & spin.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Another note...I read an article a few yrs ago related to the NFL's choices in music at halftime. At one point they indeed were bringing in artists hoping to draw the younger generation to boost SB viewer ratings. However, they were bombarded with complaints, & received more negative response than positive from fans and media.

It may have been Prince & Janet Jackson performance style's that drew the complaints related to that article. I know they both were mentioned in the article, but can't remember specifically in what context.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

But that's just me.
    Again, here is something we can agree on. I can understand Daultry having a hard time singing, he is what 95 or something, but Townsend? I guess he really is deaf because he had no idea when to come in and waht to play.

Pretty good though, he did a lot of jumping around and did not break a hip, Chiefster can relate!
    Last edited by Hayvern; 02-08-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

It would've been better had they bashed guitars and such on stage like they were historically known to do originally, LOL.

Definitely in their mellower years, haha.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast