Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHAT is wrong with the Super Bowl planners, are they senile?

Default WHAT is wrong with the Super Bowl planners, are they senile?

We want Katy Perry as the half time act. It's not too late, make her a surprise guest appearance.

The Super Bowl show has to appeal to everybody, let's not lose a generation of fans just because some fuddy duddy doesn't know what the kids are listening to these days.

http://surftofind.com/katy

I am serious folks, START MAKING THOSE CALLS and get her on -it will be one hell of a show !

Hardcore fans should not ignore this plea. I know the game takes priority, but this is the Internet age -people watch the shows on youtube FOREVER when it's
    all over, and it therefore MUST impress EVERYBODY to get maximum benefit out of the biggest game of the year.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, IF YOU HAVE ANY INFLUENCE !

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I like the Who's music, but I just don't understand putting a group out there that is way past their prime. The performance was not good at all.
    I agree, it was the same way for me with the Stone's, love the music but there just getting old and can't perform at the same level anymore. Now, Tom Petty, the man's a legend and still puts on one hell of a show and is still actively recording quality music. My vote would be to find artists like that, who have timeless music and ton of talent. Including more recent artists, such as Dave Matthews, that are extremely talented and have a wide appeal. Definitly no Katy Perry or other flash in the pan pop star.
    Last edited by Everest; 02-08-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Who cares who plays. There is always gonna be someone who does not like it. Besides, halftime is for draining your beer, getting more food and smokin' a fatty!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

They should have had Carrie Underwood sing the halftime show, or a good band like ACDC , Something awsome yet safe enough a boob doesnt pop out, Anything but all of these ancient relecs of the 60's and 70's Someone relevant to the presentnot the past.

I dunno. When i think football, I think Katy Perry... or maybe Taylor Swift. Susan Boyle? Oh yeah... im down.

That was a great half time show they played 2 of the CSI show themes. lol

ps I knew who they were before there music was being used on the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    no.

You don't like Katy?

Quote Originally Posted by Everest View Post
    I agree, it was the same way for me with the Stone's, love the music but there just getting old and can't perform at the same level anymore. Now, Tom Petty, the man's a legend and still puts on one hell of a show and is still actively recording quality music. My vote would be to find artists like that, who have timeless music and ton of talent. Including more recent artists, such as Dave Matthews, that are extremely talented and have a wide appeal. Definitly no Katy Perry or other flash in the pan pop star.

Man oh man, is that the same guy who used to bust guitars in his youth?

I felt bad for him. It's great for die-hard Who fans, but what about the kids who weren't even born...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I dunno. When i think football, I think Katy Perry... or maybe Taylor Swift. Susan Boyle? Oh yeah... im down.
    You have an ecclectic taste in music. lol

I love all kinds of music, but when you are talking about Super Bowl, I think you have to go with CURRENT mass appeal.

Hell, they had 106 million viewers, ya think all the kids are WHO fans now?

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    You have an ecclectic taste in music. lol

I love all kinds of music, but when you are talking about Super Bowl, I think you have to go with CURRENT mass appeal.

Hell, they had 106 million viewers, ya think all the kids are WHO fans now?
    At least 6 million of them are.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    They should have had Carrie Underwood sing the halftime show, or a good band like ACDC , Something awsome yet safe enough a boob doesnt pop out, Anything but all of these ancient relecs of the 60's and 70's Someone relevant to the presentnot the past.
    The Who was a good choice! Better than hearing the same 3 regurgitated ACDC chords for 20 minutes straight!

Thanks Aussie!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast