Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to dislike Manning.

Default Another reason to dislike Manning.

Peyton Manning storms off Super Bowl field. Is he a poor sport? - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I can't stand manning for his Me, Me, Me attitude. I feel he could of atleast stayed on the feild for a few mins longer.I do understand there was alot of media there in his way...but no excuse to me.

Peyton Manning is a sore loser.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I disagree.

I dont understand why some people dislike him so much.

I have never seen him do anything unsportslike. I have never heard him say anything bad about anyone. Whether he wins or loses. He said they won becuz they were the better team.

He is an incredible quarterback. He had an absoulutaly awesome performance last nite. With a mistake that cost the game.

He didnt storm off. This is some lame writing so the writers have something to write about. To create some drama.

Manning just wanted Brees to enjoy the moment. And according to Brees, Manning texted him to congrat him and Brees totally appreciates him and understands him for letting him enjoy his moment (with his son).

Ever watch his interviews? He always says I, not we.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I dont dislike Manning at all I think the media overrates him but I dont dislike him at all. He has always been a good sport off the field. I think he should have went on the field to shake hands but I belive him when he says thats why.

I think Manning is a great QB, but he's definitely overrated. He struggles to win big playoff games. Yeah he has 1 super bowl (he beat the measly Rex Grossman in that game), but if you compare his playoff record (9-9) to that of guys like Montana (16-7), Elway (14-7), or Brady (14-4), it's easy to see that he's not the greatest QB ever.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I dont dislike Manning at all I think the media overrates him but I dont dislike him at all. He has always been a good sport off the field. I think he should have went on the field to shake hands but I belive him when he says thats why.
    I agree, I don't dislike him persay. However, I do feel he should've shaken hands, it would've only taken a moment, and I doubt it would've taken much, if anything at all away from Brees. In fact, it would've been a memorable photo of the two shaking hands years from now, for Brees to share with his grandkids, etc..

I'm fairly certain Brees would've congratulated Manning had he won the game.

I don't know why Manning didn't offer congrats on the field, it's definitely customary to do so, but it's not my place to question his given reason, so if he says it was for Brees' benefit, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I think Manning is a great QB, but he's definitely overrated. He struggles to win big playoff games. Yeah he has 1 super bowl (he beat the measly Rex Grossman in that game), but if you compare his playoff record (9-9) to that of guys like Montana (16-7), Elway (14-7), or Brady (14-4), it's easy to see that he's not the greatest QB ever.
    Agree with this as well.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Ever watch his interviews? He always says I, not we.
    I have noticed that too, which is one reason why I draw the conclusion he has some arrogance about him. That said, I suppose he has reason to be arrogant. No doubt the media attention has went to his head over the years, he's only human.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    THIS is what i have been screaming for years and being looked at like i am nuts for saying so. Yes hes great he is a hall of famer but he is NOT the best QB ever.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS is what i have been screaming for years and being looked at like i am nuts for saying so. Yes hes great he is a hall of famer but he is NOT the best QB ever.
    Who do you think is the best current QB?

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, others........

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Who do you think is the best current QB?

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, others........
    I have no clue. I dont realy think that you can tell best ever. We dont no what some great QBs could do in the NFL today. The game has gotten more passive. In days of Len Dawson Terry Bradshaw and others there was much more running then passing. I dont think you can realy say overall whos the best of all time. If I had to chose I would have to say Montana but Its hard to say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast