Thread: Australian Super Bowl Report

Default Australian Super Bowl Report

This is the News Report of the Saints winning the Super Bowl and what they had to say about it. Channel 10 if anyone was wondering.
    I think everyone will enjoy watching this video so you can see what Aussie Superbowl Coverage is like!

TEN Video Player: Watch Full Episodes and Exclusive Video Interviews

COOL!!! Love the accents, haha! Thanks for sharing Aussie! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    COOL!!! Love the accents, haha! Thanks for sharing Aussie! :)
    No problem.

For me the accents are normal. haha

I was actually pretty excited when i found that because Channel 10 is 2 things;

1. The only Channel that Broadcasts NFl games (Channel ten has an extra free sports channel that they own called ONE HD and some of the games are on there)

2. They are one of the only commercial channels where you can watch the TV shows (and news reports) that they have broadcast on the internet (although other channels are starting to do the same).

I assume when you hear American's speak, you think we're the one's with the accents?

We have different accents for different regions of the US...is Australia like that too?

For instance...Southern accents are very distinct with slow drawals, laid back sounding. Easterner's have distinctive accents too, but the opposite of Southerner's. Easterner's talk 2-3 times as fast, & are very hyper sounding by comparison to Southerner's, haha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I assume when you hear American's speak, you think we're the one's with the accents?

We have different accents for different regions of the US...is Australia like that too?

For instance...Southern accents are very distinct with slow drawals, laid back sounding. Easterner's have distinctive accents too, but the opposite of Southerner's. Easterner's talk 2-3 times as fast, & are very hyper sounding by comparison to Southerner's, haha.
    Not really, although the big city people (like me and my family because we live in sydney) sound a bit different to people that live in the country, but when you live in Australia for this long you don't really notice and Ive lived in australia all of my life so i woudn't really know.