Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joey Porter released

Default Joey Porter released

I'm just saying, he's a veteran 3-4 OLB with pass rushing ability.

He had 20 mil guaranteed, and he wants to start. Somehow, I don't think he would mesh too well with the coaches, though.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Even if he was available, not sure I want that type of attitude around here.
    Yup, don't need another LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yup, don't need another LJ.
    LJ was stupid and did things off the field that didnt allow him to play on the field.

Just becuz Porter has a loud mouth (which yes, can be annoying) doesnt mean he isnt law abiding.

hes one that I dont see being a good fit in KC. Its something I think they should LOOK at maybe i am wrong on that. you dont just ignore a player of his abilty but i dont see him being a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    LJ was stupid and did things off the field that didnt allow him to play on the field.

Just becuz Porter has a loud mouth (which yes, can be annoying) doesnt mean he isnt law abiding.
    Agreed, I don't know much about Porter off the field, but I do know that he's married with kids. Even if he wanted to be the kind of off the field player that LJ is, he has huge incentives not to. I'd feel comfortable with giving Porter the chance to represent the Chiefs both on and off the field.

Thanks Aussie!

Porter is back with the Dolphins for now because of some kind of CBA thing.

From Wiki:

Porter is married to Christy with two daughters, Jayla and Jasmine, and two sons, Joey, Jr. and Jacob. Their daughter Jasmine has autism. Christy opened a day center for special needs children and named it after their daughter Jasmine Nyree, located in downtown Bakersfield.

The family resides in Bakersfield, California. He is son of Debra Porter; he has one brother and two sisters. He has participated in the Dolphins annual charity golf tournament, which benefits the Miami Dolphins Foundation.

Having always played offense through his first two years in college, Joey was a fan of the Chicago Bears growing up, especially Hall of Fame member Walter Payton. Due to growing up in California, he was also a fan of linebacker Junior Seau. During his tenure in Pittsburgh, he hoped to see some action on the other side of the ball: "I thought I could help in goal-line situations," Joey says. "I petitioned Coach (Bill Cowher), but he didn't see it that way."

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

joey is not lj hes never been suspended for racist slurs and to spit on a girl at a night club, just because i guys got a mouth dosen't make him lj. Hes got passion wouldn't hurt anything to have him show up to do a physical

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

Good point.

I just don't want a cancer in the locker room.

I like Porter. We could use someone like that to fire this defense up. He splayed that position his whole career and can also play the run pretty well. I would much rather snag Porter over an unproven over priced Peppers...if Porter would even want to come to cold KC. I have a feeling most of our off season acquisitions will come via trades

I read a lot of Chiefs material especially stuff that is regards to picking up veteran players and the one thing I notice is Chiefs fans are not to fond of picking up guys with a attitude. Well sometimes an attitude is a good thing, not in the case of LJ or TO, guys with selfish attitudes are not good but, Joey Porter wants to do one thing more than achieve stats on his career and that is win games as well as Championships. He helped the Steelers win one and improved The Dolphins D instantly. I would love to have a guy like Porter playing LB for our D. He would bring a bit of toughness with him we need right now.
    Chiefs Nation

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast