Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turley

Default Turley

Having missed the game against the Rams tonight, I am going off of the three plays that were shown on ESPN, when I say, Turley is not cutting it.

On each of the three Chiefs offensive plays shown(each a running play for either a big gain, or a touchdown),Turley looked very bad. He was, again, falling all over himself. Of the three plays, he stayed on his feet once. In that play, he blocked, what looked like, a defensive back, away from the play, and released his man to quit on the play, well before the play was over.

I'm not certain what is wrong with him, but I don't recognize this guy as Kyle Turley. I don't reccomend starting him at any position right now. I
    d go with Sampson at LT and (god forgive me for this one)................Jordan Black.......at RT.

I haven't had a real good look at Svitek, nor any of the other T's that we have on the roster, so maybe Black doesn't have to start.
    But I reiterate, Kyle Turley is not working out.

Default Re: Turley

I'd say you probably didn't see him at his best this game. The plays I recognized where he did well was against a bull rushing DT that clearly out weighed him (of course at 280lbs. I think all DT's out weigh him) he held his own. On one particular play of note the same DT came on another bull rush and Turley dropped so fast and undercut him he had no idea what hit him. Turley needs to put on weight and shake off some rust, he should be fine. :-D ...Hopefully.

Having watched the entire game now, I still don't think that Kyle is in good enough shape for me to want him starting at left tackle. He was mediocre at pass protection and maybe even above average at run blocking, when asked to block only the guy in front of him. When asked to lead-block, or block into the linebackers' depth, he was poorly throwing himself at opponents' feet.

Ricky Proel, who announced the game, gave credit to Turley for a good block against a "bull-rush", which was undeserved. Green did manage to get the ball away, on the play. However, if he had waited any longer then he wouldn't have, due to Kyle being shoved onto his lap. Considering his current size, he did a pretty good job. But, in order to start at left tackle, he will need to do better, regardless of size.

Also, I noticed that Kevin Sampson had trouble against the "bull-rush" too. Otherwise, I still feel he is loaded with potential. Svitek also looked pretty decent. A bit rough around the edges, as they say. But I like his developement too.

chief31 wrote:

Also, I noticed that Kevin Sampson had trouble against the "bull-rush" too. Otherwise, I still feel he is loaded with potential. Svitek also looked pretty decent. A bit rough around the edges, as they say. But I like his developement too.
    I am hoping for Svitek to improve greatly and take the starting spot.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    chief31 wrote:

I am hoping for Svitek to improve greatly and take the starting spot.
    I just hope that whoever starts does the job.

Maybe we could move Sims to left tackle. He might excel there. :-)
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

prough91 wrote:
    Maybe we could move Sims to left tackle. He might excel there. :-)

Nah, he'd find away to stink at that position too.

True. That is one thing he excels at.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

prough91 wrote:
    True. That is one thing he excels at.

That does seem to be his one true talent.

No. I want Trent to survive the season
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast