Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Revisiting the Jared Allen Trade

Default Revisiting the Jared Allen Trade

So here is an article by ESPN's Bill Willaimson about how we didnt necessarily lose in the Jared Allen trade.

Revisiting the Jared Allen trade - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Here is a rebuttal from the Vikings perspective.

Two years later: The Jared Allen trade - NFC North Blog - ESPN

I am sure this will incite a lot of thoughts. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Because it is fun and entertaining to read in the off season.

Canada's point, in my own opinion is simple, why talk about a currently non Chief, and why in this forum, he is not a Chief and it is not new news, so belongs in the locker room. But really it is to get away from talking about past idiotic things that has happen, and talk about the great things to look forward to.

But then this was a news story posted by the thread starter, it was relevant to the Chief's, so one could argue, that it is a Chiefs news story and belongs in this thread.

I believe that Coach should form a panel from the membership, this panel should consist of members, Mods, and Coach. He should provide funding for the Panel to research this question, find answers, develop solutions. Panel should probably meet in person for this, I suggest, but it is Coaches decision as the CEO of the Crowd, that we have this meeting in the Home of The Chief's. Kansas City, and maybe even when the niners come to get beat.

I volunteer to serve on this important beer drinking, (oops did I just type what I was thinking) fact finding panel!

I feel as a member, it is my duty to serve.

I can't add any smilies quoting, limited to only 10! hahaha

I want to volunteer and be on the committee too! We need to find an answer to this ponder! I believe a solution is out there to be found, given the appropriate resources of course! ~Miller Lite~...~Arrowhead~...~Chiefs Crowd Intelligent Minds Joining Forces~...the solution shall be found...guaranteed!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I can't add any smilies quoting, limited to only 10! hahaha

I want to volunteer and be on the committee too! We need to find an answer to this ponder! I believe a solution is out there to be found, given the appropriate resources of course! ~Miller Lite~...~Arrowhead~...~Chiefs Crowd Intelligent Minds Joining Forces~...the solution shall be found...guaranteed!
    So I can't join?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So I can't join?
    LOL Your "intelligent" input is absolutely necessary with finding a solution! I've witnessed your 'committee and organizing efforts'...you do good work! We need you!! It wouldn't be the same without ya!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    more questions just shoot me a pm.
    Done.

And, since this thread is about the Jared Allen trade, I will assume that you will have nothing more to do with it.

Because I know you don't want to hear it.

Anyway.... Now that I feel free to express an opinion on the topic....

The trade was not Jared Allen for B. Albert and J. Charles.

That was not the deal.

Both of those players could have been had here, even with Jared Allen staying on the team.

So, no matter how great either, or both, of those guys may wind-up being, it does not make the Jared Allen trade any better, or worse, of a decision.

He was traded for draft picks. Horrible trade.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

That was not the deal.

Both of those players could have been had here, even with Jared Allen staying on the team.

So, no matter how great either, or both, of those guys may wind-up being, it does not make the Jared Allen trade any better, or worse, of a decision.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk"]YouTube- BEATING A DEAD HORSE WHILE PLAYING FITTING MUSIC[/ame]
    Chiefs in 2011

Done.

And, since this thread is about the Jared Allen trade, I will assume that you will have nothing more to do with it.

That was not the deal.

Oh my gosh!! I didn't realize that at all! Talk was, & still is...including among the media...we acquired Charles.

Though I realize it's a done & over...that tidbit of fact stirs more frustration with the trade! Peterson either lost his mind, or his power trip ego completely took it over! UGH!!

Done.

That was not the deal.

Thats what still has me not in favor of the trade. We dont no were either of them would have ended up and will never no. I am glad we got them but we lost a good player. Oh well might still turn out good for us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345