Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The I'm sick & tired of Winter thread! UGH!

Default The I'm sick & tired of Winter thread! UGH!

Seriously...enough Winter! We've had an usually long one already with record snowfalls, gloomy cloudy days. Unless I'm mistaken, which I don't believe I am...the sun shined twice the entire month of January, and that wasn't even all day. February so far has been about the same!

We've also not had the typical random thaw days as often as normal...staying cold more than not.

My poor truck can't stay clean for a day! It takes $15 in quarters to wash it thoroughly, to remove all the harmful salt from the underside framework, fenders, etc.. My wheels are gross, need a good polish, but it's too cold, the polish will freeze...my garage isn't heated.

Speaking of which...my garage needs a good cleaning too, as all the mucky muddish snow caked on my truck...melted onto the floor after pulling it inside each time. It's too fricken cold to hose out the garage & clean it up.

I'm sick of WINTER I tell ya! Sick of it! I sure hope we don't have a cold, wet, nasty Spring...but have a bad feeling we will. It's likely gonna be June before I feel 80' and see sunshine again for an entire day!

Okay...I'm done, cause:

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Wow sounds bad. Sometimes it gets so hot here you can barely breath outside but that phase of summer is long over.

I have had enough ice and snow as well. Summer can not get here fast enough it means no ice no snow and football is close.

It will be spring before ya know it, and then we can start a "Tired of insects thread".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It will be spring before ya know it, and then we can start a "Tired of insects thread".
    Precisely! And I can contribute cos of the insects we have in summer. Like ****roachs

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Spring is also closer to football as well

Default we'll trade

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Seriously...enough Winter! We've had an usually long one already with record snowfalls, gloomy cloudy days. Unless I'm mistaken, which I don't believe I am...the sun shined twice the entire month of January, and that wasn't even all day. February so far has been about the same!

We've also not had the typical random thaw days as often as normal...staying cold more than not.

My poor truck can't stay clean for a day! It takes $15 in quarters to wash it thoroughly, to remove all the harmful salt from the underside framework, fenders, etc.. My wheels are gross, need a good polish, but it's too cold, the polish will freeze...my garage isn't heated.

Speaking of which...my garage needs a good cleaning too, as all the mucky muddish snow caked on my truck...melted onto the floor after pulling it inside each time. It's too fricken cold to hose out the garage & clean it up.

I'm sick of WINTER I tell ya! Sick of it! I sure hope we don't have a cold, wet, nasty Spring...but have a bad feeling we will. It's likely gonna be June before I feel 80' and see sunshine again for an entire day!

Okay...I'm done, cause:
    Tell ya what Connie~ Next winter we'll trade locations for the winter. You can hang out down here in Texas, and I'll hang out up there...since I'm missing the winters sooo much!! LOL
    **ChiefsChick**

LOL Oh, if I lived somewhere without Winter, I'd complain about not having snow through at least January, haha. I actually love snow, as long as I don't have to get out in it of course, lol.

I do okay until usually after Super Bowl. I think it's a combination of Winter blues, Spring Fever, and a whole bunch of Chiefs off season withdrawal, lol.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I have to admit, California has it pretty nice. If you want snow, you can drive up to the mountains and get in the snow all you want.

Me, I am happy without it, but there are so many other things I miss about God's country that I would gladly trade the nice weather for a couple months of bad to get all the other benefits that come with being in the best part of the country.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have to admit, California has it pretty nice. If you want snow, you can drive up to the mountains and get in the snow all you want.

Me, I am happy without it, but there are so many other things I miss about God's country that I would gladly trade the nice weather for a couple months of bad to get all the other benefits that come with being in the best part of the country.
    Californa does sound nice this time of year. It seems this winter is a winter were it stops snowing just so it can start snowing. makes winter LONG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast