Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nose Tackle, 2010

Default The Nose Tackle, 2010

So who will play the nose for us? I think it is our biggest question going into next season. Lots of fans are itching for Vince Wilfork to come down, but i don't see it happening. Which means we are either going to have to find someone else via the draft, or look elsewhere in free agency...Does anyone know which free agent nose tackles will be available yet?

What about prospects in the draft class coming up? I know Dan Williams from TENN is supposedly the best NT in the upcoming draft which is apparently deep in defensive tackles. He is projected right around the middle of the first round, and has been impressive in the senior outings and such. So expect his stock to stay or even climb from here on out...

more than a dozen DL are expected to go in the first 3 rounds this year, almost twice as much as an average draft. So there should be some capable NT's...my question... who are the guys projected in the first couple rounds that can play the nose?

Cam Thomas is a guy Mike Mayock compared to NE's Ron Brace (whom i think Pioli drafted in the 3rd round in his last year there)..he is capable if playing 3-4 Nose, and 4-3 DT. Mayock said he was extremely impressed with this guy (and if there is anyone i trust in college football prospects, it is Mike Mayock) so i wouldn't be surprised to see Pioli go after him...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Seymour aint comin to KC guys...
    I agree theres not much of a chance that he is. The only thing that would make me think there is the slightest of chances that he would is his pats connection. But I do agree he will be playing somewere thats not KC.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Id love to see us pick up Casey Hampton and draft a young NT in the 3rd round. Maybe Cam Thomas will still be available in the 3rd.
    Hampton, Wilfork, Franklin and Docket will be tagged. Picket has stated he wants to stay in Greenbay. Unless we give up a high draft choice we will not get a NT in free agency.
    Cam Thomas or Troup in the draft is probably our best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Me too, and I like Thomas as well.
    The name Thomas has done well in KC!!

Emmitt and Derrick!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree theres not much of a chance that he is. The only thing that would make me think there is the slightest of chances that he would is his pats connection. But I do agree he will be playing somewere thats not KC.
    Seymore is not the kind of player we would want in a 3-4 he is not that big guy to play nose tackle and he is more a Jared Allen type on the end. None of which are good in our new scheme.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

although a bit of a reach at this point, i wouldn't be opposed to drafting Cam Thomas with our -second- ..2nd round choice via the Tony G trade and Atlanta.

If Cam Thomas has a good combine and such, he could easily move up to the middle of the second round, making this strategy a bit less risky.

*Pioli values position over all-out ability, we have seen this from the Tyson Jackson pick.
    *We could really use a good young nose tackle (first two or three rounds) to team up with Dorsey and T.Jackson to ensure a talented D-Line for MANY years to come and get a true NT in there to help the Defense

*If we decided to target Cam Thomas with the Atlanta 2nd second pick, our draft would look a little something like this on the top end...We could have our choice of a) Eric Berry, or b) Russell Okung (or another OT), and our second rounder on either a Safety/WR/OL depending on our first overall selection. It would be nice to have Berry fall to us, so we don't have to pray for Earl Thomas (free safety) to slide down to us at no. 36 overall or whatever we pick at with our first 2nd rounder if they indeed wanted a safety...

Dream scenarios:
    Eric Berry - 1st round
    Golden Tate - 2nd round (a)
    Cam Thomas - 2nd round (b)

or
    *R.Okung (or A.Davis, or B.Campbell)
    *Earl Thomas(27 ovr at footballsfuture)
    *Cam Thomas(not to be confused with Earl, the safety. Cam is a mauler type NT whom i am really starting to like..)

either way you slice it, i would like Cam Thomas lol... i think he could be a really valuable asset to the team.

i would like to grab the second option as i would like to have both

and fill in WR, LB, RB next in that order...grabbing a WR in the 4th instead of the big name Tate in the 2nd which may be wise since there are lots of good ones this year that can be had around that time...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Seymore is not the kind of player we would want in a 3-4 he is not that big guy to play nose tackle and he is more a Jared Allen type on the end. None of which are good in our new scheme.
    Seymour is a 3-4 defensive END.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12