Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old School Chiefs

Default Old School Chiefs

OK, we always go with the veteran guy. But this time the Veteran guy is no better than a backup Quaterback as he has spent his whole career being. Why? Tell me Why? don't we go with the better guy even though he is a rookie and let him get better. What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be. Start Brodie and take your lumps...he will get better. What I saw today was poor passing, no zip on the ball and turn overs. Let the young guy who can zip the ball, throw the ball down the field and give you some kind of chance to win.....PLAY!

Let's just hope that next week will be a lot better ! If not, then maybe we can start counting our future losses and start thinking about next year.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I'm not that worried about it. Huard is dependable and won't make too many mistakes and the o-line and receivers both look like they are starting to improve. Some turnovers, costly penalties, and bad calls cost us this game. It's far from over for the Chiefs this year, though.
    I dont know bud, Id put this game on Herm and Solari, and the houston defense either looked good, or we were that bad.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Quote Originally Posted by djulo View Post
    OK, we always go with the veteran guy. But this time the Veteran guy is no better than a backup Quaterback as he has spent his whole career being. Why? Tell me Why? don't we go with the better guy even though he is a rookie and let him get better. What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be. Start Brodie and take your lumps...he will get better. What I saw today was poor passing, no zip on the ball and turn overs. Let the young guy who can zip the ball, throw the ball down the field and give you some kind of chance to win.....PLAY!
    Everyone want's Croyle to play but the way our O line is playing it won't help AT ALL!!! Why put our QB of the future in to make him not believe in himself and mabe get him hurt. If he steps in right now he will be another Tim Couch, a bust. Couch was put in to early on a team that we look like right now, and he buckled under the pressure. I see that happening if he goes in. Leave Damon in and let him play, Huards confidence can't be shattered 11 years into his career to the point he will be a bust. CROYLE CAN'T HELP US RIGHT NOW. Who cares if Brodie can throw missles, with our Offense not clicking he wouldn't complete many anyway and he would be scared when he is the starter to go down the field. Yes experience is good for a player, but bad experiences won't help him develop into the Pro-Bowler we need at QB.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Everyone want's Croyle to play but the way our O line is playing it won't help AT ALL!!! Why put our QB of the future in to make him not believe in himself and mabe get him hurt. If he steps in right now he will be another Tim Couch, a bust. Couch was put in to early on a team that we look like right now, and he buckled under the pressure. I see that happening if he goes in. Leave Damon in and let him play, Huards confidence can't be shattered 11 years into his career to the point he will be a bust. CROYLE CAN'T HELP US RIGHT NOW. Who cares if Brodie can throw missles, with our Offense not clicking he wouldn't complete many anyway and he would be scared when he is the starter to go down the field. Yes experience is good for a player, but bad experiences won't help him develop into the Pro-Bowler we need at QB.
    Exactly; if we put him behind this offensive line then he will get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Exactly; if we put him behind this offensive line then he will get killed.

ok- Then when does the time come? What if the offensive line, which will jell some, plays similar to this all year, when do you bring him in? Or are we set that he is definitely the QB of the future? I dont feel like we have to start him now-and the points given not to start him are valid no doubt- as long as we realize HE MUST get substantial playing time this year to see if we have the right guy Agreed-Disagree?
    It's tough to handle much more "servicable" QB play have we not done that enough we need a guy who can win a game
    Servicable-Krieg, Bono, Grbac, Huard, DeBerg, all good QB I think we deserve a great one-Green was a great system QB not saying he wasnt- but you know what I mean where is our Montana, Favre, I know not everyone gets one but I can hope

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    ok- Then when does the time come? What if the offensive line, which will jell some, plays similar to this all year, when do you bring him in? Or are we set that he is definitely the QB of the future? I dont feel like we have to start him now-and the points given not to start him are valid no doubt- as long as we realize HE MUST get substantial playing time this year to see if we have the right guy Agreed-Disagree?
    It's tough to handle much more "servicable" QB play have we not done that enough we need a guy who can win a game
    Servicable-Krieg, Bono, Grbac, Huard, DeBerg, all good QB I think we deserve a great one-Green was a great system QB not saying he wasnt- but you know what I mean where is our Montana, Favre, I know not everyone gets one but I can hope
    When the "O" line shows some ability to actually...oh, I don't know...do their jobs? I read what you're saying, but the kid, who is already injury prone, won't be getting many starts anyway nursing another injury.

I here ya too, but we gotta do something. Who knows? I will leave in the hands of
    Obi Wan Kenobi- Carl Peterson
    and his padawan-Herm Edwards
    May the force be with us

Ya know, I keep seeing these posts( before the season and now) about people thinking we should start Croyle. This is insane!!!! This kid is never going to amount to anything! Career backup! And your right, he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself. He wasn't even all that great in college! IMO, it was a mistake to even draft him. Wasted pick!!

At this point it wouldn't matter who we had back there. They are going to struggle period! O line has a lot of work to do, we have mediocre at best receivers and the tight ends are blocking the whole game!

QB might be a concern but Huard is servicable for now. We have bigger problems than the QB position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    I here ya too, but we gotta do something. Who knows? I will leave in the hands of
    Obi Wan Kenobi- Carl Peterson
    and his padawan-Herm Edwards
    May the force be with us
    Herm Peterson will never get us to the Super Bowl...well, unless they purchase the team tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Ya know, I keep seeing these posts( before the season and now) about people thinking we should start Croyle. This is insane!!!! This kid is never going to amount to anything! Career backup! And your right, he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself. He wasn't even all that great in college! IMO, it was a mistake to even draft him. Wasted pick!!

At this point it wouldn't matter who we had back there. They are going to struggle period! O line has a lot of work to do, we have mediocre at best receivers and the tight ends are blocking the whole game!

QB might be a concern but Huard is servicable for now. We have bigger problems than the QB position right now.
    Agreed.

Flip a coin...head = Huard tails = Croyle
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast