Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old School Chiefs

Default Old School Chiefs

OK, we always go with the veteran guy. But this time the Veteran guy is no better than a backup Quaterback as he has spent his whole career being. Why? Tell me Why? don't we go with the better guy even though he is a rookie and let him get better. What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be. Start Brodie and take your lumps...he will get better. What I saw today was poor passing, no zip on the ball and turn overs. Let the young guy who can zip the ball, throw the ball down the field and give you some kind of chance to win.....PLAY!

Quote Originally Posted by djulo View Post
    OK, we always go with the veteran guy. But this time the Veteran guy is no better than a backup Quaterback as he has spent his whole career being. Why? Tell me Why? don't we go with the better guy even though he is a rookie and let him get better. What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be. Start Brodie and take your lumps...he will get better. What I saw today was poor passing, no zip on the ball and turn overs. Let the young guy who can zip the ball, throw the ball down the field and give you some kind of chance to win.....PLAY!
    So, you watched one game, and that's all that you have ever seen of Damon Huard? Try being a fan for more than one game. I have seen him play better than today. So saying that this was the best game of his life is just plain foolish.

I have watched every Chiefs game in the past 30 years...and what I see from Huard is a backup Quaterback. I never said it was his best game, he did well filling in for Grenn last year, but he is not going to get a stronger arm and he is just an average Quaterback. Why not try to establish a young guy with tallent as the future and franchise QB?

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

huard is a pro back up,,, always has been always willbe. hermmie and his lap dog solari will never let this offense shine better than their defense. start crolye, unless something happens this offense isnt going nowhere.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I'm not that worried about it. Huard is dependable and won't make too many mistakes and the o-line and receivers both look like they are starting to improve. Some turnovers, costly penalties, and bad calls cost us this game. It's far from over for the Chiefs this year, though.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

hermmie and his lap dog solari will never let the "o" shine. hermmie has said scoring 30 + points a game is arnea football. remember, "you play to win the game" what a joke
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Unfortunately Croyle hasnt showed us alot, as much as anyone wants to argue Huard is an avg. QB. Atleast with Croyle you stick him in he takes his lumps and there is no guessing at the end of the year as to where we stand we would have a good idea of where our QB situation is. Whats the point of leaving Huard in- I wish our defense was the Ravens of their SuperBowl year but their not. I have been a KC fan since 1989 Carl Peterson has developed our teams and our expectations for mediocre football. Maybe if Huard plays real well we might go 9-7 maybe 10-6 and then get bounced from the playoffs again. Some people on here want to say dont Jump on the Chiefs and lets be positive. I can tell ya this I will never root for anyone against KC and I hope Carl Peterson gets us a SuperBowl Ring. But these choices and the way we continue to play is getting very frustrating.

We did. Herm begged Croyle to be decent enough to take the job. Guess what? He SUCKED. He had one good drive in the pre-season. He had HUGE mistakes. There are a lot of arguments to make about starting him anyway, but to imply he is a better QB at this point is ludacris. The idea that we went with a more experienced QB over a better rookie is insane.

If you watched 30 years of Chiefs football, you must have meant regular seasons, because you obviously missed this pre-season....

Now - to say let's start him anyway and let him get better: this is a valid argument. But to imply he out-played Huard is nuts....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Peyton Manning would have sucked yesterday behind our O-line and our play calling. It's not just one person that hurt us yesterday. It was all 53 players that were on the roster not clicking as a team that caused us to lose. Nothing more nothing less.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be.
    I never said it was his best game,
    O.......................K...

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Peyton Manning would have sucked yesterday behind our O-line and our play calling. It's not just one person that hurt us yesterday. It was all 53 players that were on the roster not clicking as a team that caused us to lose. Nothing more nothing less.
    I will hold this loss against the coaching staff, for the most part. Though management can take a fair portion, as well. Sure would have been nice to have gotten Dantes 84 yards kickoff return, total of 169 all purpose yards and Tynes' 3-3 field goals, long of 48 and 2-2 on extra points. (Each players actual accomplishments, from yesterday.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast