Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Bad day? Good day?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Bad day? Good day?


    0 Not allowed!
    The sun finally shined all day! Temps warmed up to just a jacket needed! That's a very good day thing!

    Washed my truck...$17 in quarters, but I did get the damaging salty mud/dirt off, including underneath! That's a good day thing!

    Car Wash spot free rinse didn't work...UGH! My truck has hard water residue now from the standard rinse. A little bit of a bad day thing...but better the salt/mud/dirt off, a good day wins!

    Had a dentist appt. after washing my truck. I rarely have a cavity, so none...this is a good day thing. BUT...a back tooth is cracked, he said it needs pulled. Last 3 yrs. of life transition zapped my potassium & calcium levels...my dumb self wasn't able to eat right...4 teeth cracked now in the last year as a result.

    Dentist gave options of implants or a bridge...neither CHEAP!! This is a bad day thing! Dentist said he doesn't think any more will crack...teeth are healthy & strong again overall, this is a good day thing!

    Stopped at Walmart to do a bit of grocery shopping. Managed to get three 40 lbs bags of water softner pellets in the cart, then loaded into my truck...not an easy task with a bit of Carpal Tunnel...I did it! This is a good day!

    On the drive home a car in front of me ran over a black cat that darted out...kitty didn't make it, I cried. This is not a good day thing. :(

    The cat didn't run in front of me first, and I wasn't the one who hit it...that's a good day thing, that would've been worse. Also good I won't have bad luck, if superstition is true, related to bad luck if a black cat runs in front of ya...that's a good day thing! Poor kitty though. :(

    Once home...managed to get the bags of salt pellets downstairs and loaded into the water softner without dropping a bag on my foot...this is a good day thing!

    Dakota greeted me as always with smiles and attempts to jump up and hug me, hahaha. This is always a good day thing!

    Sunny hasn't felt good lately, his 11 yrs are showing with arthritis, weight gain cause he's not as active. When I returned he was better, also happy to see me! He ate, which he hadn't done in 2 days...this is a good day thing!

    Opened a package that arrived in the mail...boots I bought on Ebay. I was concerned cause although never worn, they were vintage, which vintage sizes can run small. Awesome boots!! REAL brown & white cow hair! Fit perfect! This is a good day thing!

    My young friend Dillon let me know he arrived safely at St. Jude today for his 3 month MRI & check up...praying it will show no tumor growth...that will be a BLESSING of 90 good days!!

    Now I'm bored, cause there's no Chiefs games, not much to talk Chiefs about...so decided to share bad and good day things to entertain myself, hahaha! This could be considered a bad day thing, but I think not...coming to Chiefs Crowd is always a good day thing!! In conclusion overall...it was a good day!


    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Today was a decent day for me, same as usual though. I got a lot done at work which was nice. Went to church for ash wednesdsay, got some groceries and now I'm finishing the day off with a little Call of Duty on XBox.

    What kind of dogs do you have Connie?
    Did ya give up anything for Lent? Many of my Catholic friends do each Lent, but most never hold to it, haha. I'm baptized Catholic, but my Mississippian raised dad passed his Christian Southern Baptist Faith on to us kids, haha.

    Dakota is a Black Lab I adopted from the local shelter when he was 2 yrs old, he's 5 now...has become my best friend since Lily passed away. She didn't like sharing my attention, would nudge him out of the way, haha...Dakota is making up for it now. Yet another example of there always being good within the sad. :)

    Sunny (Sundance) is an Australian Sheperd & Blue Tick Hound mix, but has no markings of hound, he's golden yellow and white hair. I adopted him from the shelter when he was an 8 wk old pup, he's 11 now!!

    Both are GREAT buddies, and love people, wonderful dispositions, well behaved in every way...except Dakota loves to jump up & greet ya, haha.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Take some alive. I'd rather have a sprained ankle than what I have now.

    Everyday my foot hurts. Doctors are dumb and don't know what it is. I have theory that the some nerves are being pinched in between the bones of my ankle. So when ever I put pressure on it, it hurts. Been dealing with that for atleast a year and a half or so. I guess I get use to the pain, but somedays it hurts more than others.

    I hate doctors.
    I have the same deal. I broke my foot playing football in high school and now it swells up for no reason from time to time and doctors say that theres nothing wrong. Its not fun but you do get use to it somehow.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm alive, relatively healthy and have my loved ones around me. All good day things! :)


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,868
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 18

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Did ya give up anything for Lent? Many of my Catholic friends do each Lent, but most never hold to it, haha. I'm baptized Catholic, but my Mississippian raised dad passed his Christian Southern Baptist Faith on to us kids, haha.

    Dakota is a Black Lab I adopted from the local shelter when he was 2 yrs old, he's 5 now...has become my best friend since Lily passed away. She didn't like sharing my attention, would nudge him out of the way, haha...Dakota is making up for it now. Yet another example of there always being good within the sad. :)

    Sunny (Sundance) is an Australian Sheperd & Blue Tick Hound mix, but has no markings of hound, he's golden yellow and white hair. I adopted him from the shelter when he was an 8 wk old pup, he's 11 now!!

    Both are GREAT buddies, and love people, wonderful dispositions, well behaved in every way...except Dakota loves to jump up & greet ya, haha.
    I actually didn't give up anything this Lent, but did the opposite and am trying to workout 4 days a week.

    Dakota sounds just like my almost 2-year old Chocolate Lab. Lucy LOVES to jump up and & greet people. She also likes to hog the couch:



    She's a good girl though, I love having her!
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Take some alive. I'd rather have a sprained ankle than what I have now.

    Everyday my foot hurts. Doctors are dumb and don't know what it is. I have theory that the some nerves are being pinched in between the bones of my ankle. So when ever I put pressure on it, it hurts. Been dealing with that for atleast a year and a half or so. I guess I get use to the pain, but somedays it hurts more than others.

    I hate doctors.
    Just a thought, I had similar symptom's once, & foot DR wasn't sure why. Through process of elimination, come to find out I was doing physical work with my feet...like landscape digging with a shovel...without supportive shoe's for such. I was giving myself what's called 'stress fracture's'...cracking the tiny bone's in my feet, which didn't show on x-ray's. It can happen just being on your feet too much too they said.

    Anyway, once I began wearing work boots with support, my bone's healed, no more stress facture's!

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I actually didn't give up anything this Lent, but did the opposite and am trying to workout 4 days a week.

    Dakota sounds just like my almost 2-year old Chocolate Lab. Lucy LOVES to jump up and & greet people. She also likes to hog the couch:



    She's a good girl though, I love having her!
    OH MY!! She's so beautiful! I love Chocolate Lab's! I almost adopted one before Dakota! He was a stray at the shelter, but ended up being a lost dog and the owner's re-claimed him...he was so pretty & such a good dog too!

    I always worry if I have just one, they'll be lonely without a friend when I'm not home, haha. I'll likely alway's have two, but rather no more than two. My daughter told me about Dakota when I already had Sunny & Lily. He was tagged "urgent" at the "low kill" shelter...he'd been there too long, only had a week left for someone to adopt him, how could I not when she told me his story!

    I'm very glad I did too!

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,868
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 18

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    OH MY!! She's so beautiful! I love Chocolate Lab's! I almost adopted one before Dakota! He was a stray at the shelter, but ended up being a lost dog and the owner's re-claimed him...he was so pretty & such a good dog too!

    I always worry if I have just one, they'll be lonely without a friend when I'm not home, haha. I'll likely alway's have two, but rather no more than two. My daughter told me about Dakota when I already had Sunny & Lily. He was tagged "urgent" at the "low kill" shelter...he'd been there too long, only had a week left for someone to adopt him, how could I not when she told me his story!

    I'm very glad I did too!
    That's a great story, I'm sure he's an awesome dog. I'm definitely going to get another Lab in the near future. I'm in an apartment right now though, so it'd be pretty crammed with two large dogs in there. After I get married in August though my fiance and I are going to start looking for houses. So we'll probably get our 2nd in the next 6-7 months. That way we can potty train it so in case of any accidents, they are on the apartment's carpet, not my new house's carpet .
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't have many pic's of my dog's, but here's Dakota on my deck summer 2008:




    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I found one of Sunny! haha

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    That's a great story, I'm sure he's an awesome dog. I'm definitely going to get another Lab in the near future. I'm in an apartment right now though, so it'd be pretty crammed with two large dogs in there. After I get married in August though my fiance and I are going to start looking for houses. So we'll probably get our 2nd in the next 6-7 months. That way we can potty train it so in case of any accidents, they are on the apartment's carpet, not my new house's carpet .
    Yeah, potty training with carpeting isn't a good thing, lol. I've been fortunate and mine have always potty trained easily. I've worked at home the last 14 yrs more often than not, so that helps too. This house has mostly hardwood ash floors throughout with only area rugs, so that's a plus also!

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking Good!!!!
    By Gerry57 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 09:01 PM
  2. Now that's good TV!
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 04:47 PM
  3. Bad and Good?
    By kcchiefsfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 04:59 AM
  4. Poll: Good D or Good O?
    By LAChief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 01:22 AM
  5. this guy is good....
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •