Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Case for Cassel

Default The Case for Cassel

Been hearing alot of rumors as of late, and even a couple 3 way trades involving our QB, Brady Quinn (weis connection) and the Broncos and it got me thinkin..I know this is a touchy subject with some, but I have to share my opinion...

I like Cassel, but I dont see him as our QBOTF. Last year towards the end of the season, everyone picked up their game on the offense. We were playing some pretty decent games. We got Bowe back and our WRs stepped up big time, the o-line stepped up big time with Wade Smith, BA and O'Cally looking very impressive and JC really stepped his game up and cut out most of his fumbles...Cassel is the only one we didnt see improve even with and improved line and better running game. I know some will still lay all blame on the "atrocious o-line" and our WRs, but you cant deny that we got better at those positions in the later part of the season. Its in the tape.

Bash me, or criticize me if you will, but I am only telling you what I see and hear. I am one for giving one time to develop, and I understand how that works, but this is his 7th year in the league, and the ceiling cant be too much higher for him at this point in his career. I think it was also one reason we front loaded the hell out of his contract. #1 we have the cap room now to absorb that kind of hit and #2 I think that they thought after a year or so that they would have their own hand picked coaching staff in there, which we do now. And everyone knows, the coaches are going to want their guy. With the state of the NFL cap this year, and how much we are under the cap I dont think its out of the question that Cassel could be traded. Plus Brodie is a FA and Haley really likes Brodie too...Personally I would like to keep Cassel for one more year unless we get offered something fantastic for him, but I dont think the idea id as farfetched as some might think....opinions?

holy unpopular opinion batman...

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    holy unpopular opinion batman...

I dont hate Cassel, I just dont think he is our QBOTF. I am not confused, I do this for a living. I am not letting my feeling about Cassel cloud my opinion on this. And yes, I think Pioli would have started Cassel regardless, because of his contract, and because you dont pay a QB that much money unless you know for sure he is your guy. If you turn around and sit him, that makes him look like an idiot. As the highest paid GM in the league and the guy that is supposed to turn the Chiefs back into superbowl winners should be worried about how he is perceived by the public. If he loses favor with the public media, the fans will be next. You always worry about what public think, theyre the ones that but the tickets.
    I can't say that I am sure that he is the QBOTF But I don't no that he isn't so I will just hope he is.

haha my opinion on Cassel is not too popular. thats all

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I can't say that I am sure that he is the QBOTF But I don't no that he isn't so I will just hope he is.
    Did you guys see the first 2 passes of that last Denver game! AMAZING!!! That kinda convinced me he's our QB for a while

haha my opinion on Cassel is not too popular. thats all
    okay

matt ryan had a terrible season with fantastic offensive weapons around him and a better defense...do you think atlanta is re-thinking their QB situation? i dont

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    matt ryan had a terrible season with fantastic offensive weapons around him and a better defense...do you think atlanta is re-thinking their QB situation? i dont
    NO, Matt Ryan is definitely their long-time QB I think. He may not be perfect but he's good enough with all the other weapons they have on offense like Roddy White and Tony G.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    NO, Matt Ryan is definitely their long-time QB I think. He may not be perfect but he's good enough with all the other weapons they have on offense like Roddy White and Tony G.

precisely
    might as well look at cassel as a 2nd year QB since he has only started 2 seasons...with limited offensive weapons in kansas city

All i know is, if you are judging Cassel already, just from this year alone... you are either retarded or just plain dumb. there is going to be a lot of crow being served fairly soon. And what in the world is a QBOTF anyways? How do you define a qb of the future? Cassel IS our QBOTF, whether you like it or not. That was Pioli's first big move, and building block of rebuilding the team. Cassel is getting paid the majority of his cash in the beginning of his contract, thats how they all are.

He just needs to grow into the team a little, and have the guys around him block and catch. Why is that so hard to understand? Sometimes i feel like there are more idiots than normal people in this world...

Decision making? That is something that is easily fixable after one season with a crummy offense. The deep ball? worked well with Randy Moss (look at the youtube vids). its called TIMING. Something that is hard to get when you have different receivers out there every week...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/2...lets-talk-matt

go to that link, it takes you to a page that has some Patriots fan talking about Matt Cassel, and how he cant believe Chiefs fans have given up on him (i cant believe it either... you call yourselves Chiefs fans?!?) It also has links that have Brady and Rich Gannon saying they also think Weis and Cassel will equal a breakout year...
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 02-21-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast