Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Case for Cassel

Default The Case for Cassel

Been hearing alot of rumors as of late, and even a couple 3 way trades involving our QB, Brady Quinn (weis connection) and the Broncos and it got me thinkin..I know this is a touchy subject with some, but I have to share my opinion...

I like Cassel, but I dont see him as our QBOTF. Last year towards the end of the season, everyone picked up their game on the offense. We were playing some pretty decent games. We got Bowe back and our WRs stepped up big time, the o-line stepped up big time with Wade Smith, BA and O'Cally looking very impressive and JC really stepped his game up and cut out most of his fumbles...Cassel is the only one we didnt see improve even with and improved line and better running game. I know some will still lay all blame on the "atrocious o-line" and our WRs, but you cant deny that we got better at those positions in the later part of the season. Its in the tape.

Bash me, or criticize me if you will, but I am only telling you what I see and hear. I am one for giving one time to develop, and I understand how that works, but this is his 7th year in the league, and the ceiling cant be too much higher for him at this point in his career. I think it was also one reason we front loaded the hell out of his contract. #1 we have the cap room now to absorb that kind of hit and #2 I think that they thought after a year or so that they would have their own hand picked coaching staff in there, which we do now. And everyone knows, the coaches are going to want their guy. With the state of the NFL cap this year, and how much we are under the cap I dont think its out of the question that Cassel could be traded. Plus Brodie is a FA and Haley really likes Brodie too...Personally I would like to keep Cassel for one more year unless we get offered something fantastic for him, but I dont think the idea id as farfetched as some might think....opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    i apologies for anything that seemed out of line. well if someone calls your commment retarded mdchief just ignore it dude were all in this together

but with sayin that i believe in cassel and bowe there gonna light it up this year hopfully chambers will be back

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    Read that. I will be damned if someone that doesnt even know me insults me like this. I have my opinion, which I have offered some very valid arguing points, and I get nothing but insults in return. Of course I take that crap to heart. My fanhood was even brought under question because someone didnt agree with me. And yes, I will reply to what people have to say, especially when they do it in that manner. Thats why the board is here. But never once have I insulted anyone, or bashed anyone. go cheifs
    You still havent showed me any proof that the coaching staff doesnt like Cassel. All you have said is that they like Croyle. Unless you have some insider info I dont think anyone is going to agree with you that the staff wants a new QB.

I do agree that Haley's early-season comments gave the impression that he was higher on Croyle than Cassel. But that was a long time ago.

And I hope you didn't feel attacked by any of my responses. None was intended, for sure.

thats because there is no proof. with as tight lipped as our organization is now, its very rare for anything like that to leak out of arrowhead. We still dont even know why some of our guys were put on IR. Maybe it is insider info. I will try to find what I can on it and post it, but I can assure you, I am not speaking out of my ***.Its not that they didnt like Cassel, just that Haley would have preferred to go with Croyle

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    You still havent showed me any proof that the coaching staff doesnt like Cassel. All you have said is that they like Croyle. Unless you have some insider info I dont think anyone is going to agree with you that the staff wants a new QB.
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 02-21-2010 at 02:50 PM.

brilliant post

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    WRONG.

Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week that guy" talking about Cassel.
    HE LOVES CASSEL.

Seriously, do you even read the news, or do you just make up whatever comes to your head?

Even though Cassel was dissapointing in my opinion, I wan't to see him next year with the calling of Weis and hopefully some upgrades. I do agree that the o-line improved significantly by the end of the year but Cassel remained inconsistent. My biggest problems with him were holding the ball too long and poor throws to wide open recievers. He also made a few amazing throws into tight coverage so he has shown he is capable of being accurate. The dropped passes are a big factor. He seems motivated and I like his fire when he plays. He tooks some big shots too, lets not forget we had a qb who couldnt stay on the field an entire game in the past. Im always up for upgrading, especially at qb but any realistic replacement we could get would have just as many if not more question marks.

No personal attacks on members will be allowed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of how incorrect it may be.

On topic: Let's see here. Cassell was on a new team, with a new coach, and had to learn a new playbook 7 days before the season began. Cassell stood behind one of the worst offensive lines in football, threw the ball to WR's who the Chiefs plucked off the street because nobody else wanted him. I guess I should be disappointed that he didn't make the Pro-Bowl.

This guy battled through a very difficult year and did not *****/complain once. He wasn't throwing teammates under the bus when they stunk. I couldn't be more happy about having Cassell on this team. I think next year will be a breakout year for both Cassell and the entire Chiefs organization. I think with a little luck during this offseason, the Chiefs have a legitimate shot at contenting for an AFC West title next year. I haven't felt that way in a long time. Everything is starting to fall in place for the Chiefs.

Brilliant post Coach. Lots of whiners on here, nobody "personally" called out anyone i dont see what all the fusss is about. you either think Matt Cassel deserves a chance, or you expect him to have results just based on numbers and stats.

Im with Coach..

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    All i know is, if you are judging Cassel already, just from this year alone... you are either retarded or just plain dumb.

Why is that so hard to understand? Sometimes i feel like there are more idiots than normal people in this world...

go to that link, it takes you to a page that has some Patriots fan talking about Matt Cassel, and how he cant believe Chiefs fans have given up on him (i cant believe it either... you call yourselves Chiefs fans?!?)
    Maybe I misunderstood you, but I think you called me an idiot because of my opinion.

Brilliant post Coach. Lots of whiners on here, nobody "personally" called out anyone i dont see what all the fusss is about. you either think Matt Cassel deserves a chance, or you expect him to have results just based on numbers and stats.

Im with Coach..

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    They Weren't Smoking: Matt Cassel's Chiefs Extension Makes Perfect Sense | Bleacher Report

from the article...

It appeared that the door was left open, leaving some wiggle room in case they were second-guessing their commitment to Cassel. How do you get a team to buy into your rebuilding of a franchise when the team itself has not bought in?

Thats what I think. Thats one of the reasons we are paying him 40mil in his first 3 seasons. I was just saying coaches always want their own guy and thats a fact. Nothings impossible. I can post a million articles with opinions that are totally different that what you posted if thats what you want, but its pointless. They are just opinions.
    I guess someone who defends their opinion is a whiner now?

Im with Coach..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast