Thread: Diamonds in the rough!!

Default Diamonds in the rough!!

Let's see if we can come up with players in the draft that are not being discussed by all the experts.
    We all agree that we need a running back to back up JC.
    Well how about a FB that can run and catch the ball well enough to releave JC when he needs a break.
    Rashawn Jackson, FB, VA
    6'1" 245 lbs. Projected in rds 4 or 5.
    He runs the ball so well, some scouts are considering him a Rb, Catches the ball well out of the backfield. Sounds like a T-Rich to me. Ryan Wolfe, WR, UNLV
    He caught 393 passes during a four year career, very consistant every year. Great hands, makes the tough catches. Runs crisp routes. He is not on any draft charts yet.

Kade Weston, NT, GA.
    6'3" 325 lbs
    Hard to move off the line of scrimage. He has hardly any body fat.
    Probably UDFA. could be worth a look.
    Can anyone else come with a few sleepers?

I think Denario Alexander from Missouri is going to surprise a lot of people in the NFL if he can keep his knees healthy.

Kelton Tindal

WR

Newberry

DraftNasty.com Description

Newberry’s Kelton Tindal may be the fastest player in the 2010 NFL draft. However, Tindal’s speed alone won’t be enough to get him off the draft board on day 1. Why might you ask? Because Tindal plays Division II football for Newberry College. Tindal has similar qualities to former South Carolina standout WR Troy Williamson (Jacksonville Jaguars). They both share that rare combination of blazing speed and athleticism that typically you can’t find on a regular basis. During the spring, Tindal was clocked running in the 4.2- 4.3 range at Newberry’s junior day. With a 40 time like that, Tindal could increase his stock on the WR board for the NFL Draft.

I have also read where this guy could set a new combine speed record. He is 6'3" and weighs 195 lbs. Might be a great return man until he gets more experience. Google his name...there are many stories on him.

Marcus Easley - WR - UCONN
    6'3 214 lbs 4.4 40 time

great hands, and knows how to use his big body, needs improvement on running his routes. Only started one season but looked real good

Quote Originally Posted by tg1979 View Post
    I think Denario Alexander from Missouri is going to surprise a lot of people in the NFL if he can keep his knees healthy.
    if he doesnt get drafted I would be surprised, this guy is going to be BEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by tg1979 View Post
    sounds like a homer :) Mizzou fans and their football program. Always thinking they are world class. D.Alexander is still a very good option, but bad knees already? thats asking for trouble. No thank you... i would rather have a LOT of other options...

Yeah, how dare I suggest Alexander who finished with 113 receptions for 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns this year, averaging 15.8 yards per reception and 137 yards per game, AND finished the 2009 season with the most receiving yards per game in FBS! Oh, I'm pretty sure he also put up some crappy game of 15 receptions and 233 yards plus a TD vs. some team that wears blue and red to the west.

Ah.. Mizzou and KU, the one thing that causes Chiefs fans to want to kill each other.