Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this could be interesting...

Default this could be interesting...

Are the New England Patriots Ready To Deal Laurence Maroney? | Bleacher Report

maybe pioli should work his NE magic...after all, he did draft the guy

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    Are the New England Patriots Ready To Deal Laurence Maroney? | Bleacher Report

maybe pioli should work his NE magic...after all, he did draft the guy
    Why, do we really need him? What will he bring to the Chiefs that they don't have already and at what cost?

I liked Maroney coming out of College and thought he was going to be a stud, but he's too injury prone. I don't think we need a RB that has never [really] finished an NFL season...

I dont think it would be much diffrent then K.Smith. A RB that has shown some signs of life but can not stay healty. Maybe the two of them together can stay on the field. I dont love the possible move but i dont hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I dont think it would be much diffrent then K.Smith. A RB that has shown some signs of life but can not stay healty. Maybe the two of them together can stay on the field. I dont love the possible move but i dont hate it.
    I hate it for a second round pick!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I hate it for a second round pick!

Ya a 2nd is a little high. If we could get someone else added into that It might work out. I just dont see it happening so i wont worry to much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    in all fairness to maroney, comparing him to kolby smith is just ridiculous...smith cant even play a full game without getting injured...whereas maroney played in the majority of his games in 2007 and 2009...in 2008 he was on IR with a shoulder injury...would you consider tom brady injury prone?

besides...for the most part he was receiving between 15 and 25 carries a game...as charles backup he would get around 10

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I have seen flashes from Maroney but what has he really done? If we were able to get him then fine! Wait till he is released. He has not proved he is worth a draft pick or another player. Also, he would get more than 10 carries per game following behind Charles. I think Pioli and Haley is going to try to figure out a way to get Charles back on kick-offs/punt returns. So whoever is the back-up is going to get some carries. Plus with Kolby's injuries? I would be surprised if he makes the roster this year tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I have seen flashes from Maroney but what has he really done? If we were able to get him then fine! Wait till he is released. He has not proved he is worth a draft pick or another player. Also, he would get more than 10 carries per game following behind Charles. I think Pioli and Haley is going to try to figure out a way to get Charles back on kick-offs/punt returns. So whoever is the back-up is going to get some carries. Plus with Kolby's injuries? I would be surprised if he makes the roster this year tbh.
    there is no way charles goes back on kick offs...he is the RB of the future...they will address kick returner and punt returner through draft or FA

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I cant remember where I heard it but I have heard they would like to cut back his carry load and get him on some returns. He cant carry a full load and do returns. He is a asset on both for sure! If they can figure out where he can do majority of carries and also do kick-offs and have a good back-up/change of pace back? I think that would be ideal! I was not trying to to say that they would rather have him do both returns only and fill in for someone else as rb. Sorry if I was not clear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast