Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant

Default Dez Bryant

Now before you jump me for sayin it look at the facts.... Haley likes him some wide receivers, before the cardinals were contenders they picked up larry and anquan. I think at five it is a posibility that we could go that route. give cassel another weapon im not sold on a o lineman with the number five. If we pick up some lineman in free agency and later picks i wouldn't be upset to have bryant opposite bowe. Now like i said just a idea

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    No...
    We have more important needs at Safety, Linebacker, and Offensive Line.

It's all about fine tuning the WR's we have.
    I would agree with this. Unless we upgrade all these spots in the free agent market then I think we need to look at one of those spots at 5.

Pioli did not build the Patriots by taking 1st round receivers like Dez Bryant. I would be extremely surprised to see D.Bryant crack the first 12 overall picks in this draft. I actually think he might fall around 20, but thats just me...

I think Dez Bryant is going to be a stud #1 receiver for some team, but I hope that team isn't us. We have so many more glaring needs.

In my professional, medical opinion...

We will make a seriously hard push for Karlos Dansby, but might get outbid. I think they are willing to pay for him, though. No one, and I mean NO ONE, will be signing an elite nose tackle in free agency.

Casey Hampton is locked up, and the others have been tagged. The dream is over. There's a slight possibility we could trade for Wilfork, which would tell me that the Pats are shifting to a 4-3 defense. This would make sense, considering they have lost almost all of their corps LB's, richard seymour, and are about to lose Adalius Thomas.

maybe we go dorsey for wilfork? that's a trade I could get on board with, I think. A young, super hyped potential 2 gap monster who hasn't flourished in the wrong system, for a perrenial pro-bowler about to be on his second contract.

In my opinion, the best draft we could hope for (without any trading) would be:

1. Okung.
    2A. Jerry Hughes
    2B. Tate, Mays, or Pouncey.

I think the later second round pick is going to be our money pick. Someone with first round talent is going to fall there, and it won't matter the position, we will take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    "Yippie Ki Yay..." I'll leave off the rest, hahaha. GREAT movie!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Gotcha. Not bad at all.. now that I understand it.
    Dude, Die Hard is like one of the best Christmas movies!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    In my professional, medical opinion...

We will make a seriously hard push for Karlos Dansby, but might get outbid. I think they are willing to pay for him, though. No one, and I mean NO ONE, will be signing an elite nose tackle in free agency.

Casey Hampton is locked up, and the others have been tagged. The dream is over. There's a slight possibility we could trade for Wilfork, which would tell me that the Pats are shifting to a 4-3 defense. This would make sense, considering they have lost almost all of their corps LB's, richard seymour, and are about to lose Adalius Thomas.

maybe we go dorsey for wilfork? that's a trade I could get on board with, I think. A young, super hyped potential 2 gap monster who hasn't flourished in the wrong system, for a perrenial pro-bowler about to be on his second contract.

In my opinion, the best draft we could hope for (without any trading) would be:

1. Okung.
    2A. Jerry Hughes
    2B. Tate, Mays, or Pouncey.

I think the later second round pick is going to be our money pick. Someone with first round talent is going to fall there, and it won't matter the position, we will take him.
    ESPN was saying today that Dansby was looking to become one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. I don't think he's going to be a Chief. If we could get a deal somewhere in the neighborhood of the Bart Scott deal last year I would be all for it, but I think he's going to go higher. This uncapped year is going to be like Christmas morning for him because Dan Snyder is going to turn him into the Albert Haynesworth of linebackers.

As far as the draft goes I somewhat agree with you as of now.

1. Okung (was a Berry Bandwagoner before today)
    2a. Hughes
    2b. Cam Thomas
    3. Nate Allen (really underrated safety, miracle if he gets out of the second, wouldn't mind Shipley either, but he could sneak into the second)
    4. Pat Angerer
    5. Danario Alexander (got to get a WR somewhere, just so many good options at other spots earlier in the draft)
    6. Brandon Banks (if he comes close to CJ's 40 record, could be electric like Desean Jackson and Percy Harvin)

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    ESPN was saying today that Dansby was looking to become one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. I don't think he's going to be a Chief. If we could get a deal somewhere in the neighborhood of the Bart Scott deal last year I would be all for it, but I think he's going to go higher. This uncapped year is going to be like Christmas morning for him because Dan Snyder is going to turn him into the Albert Haynesworth of linebackers.

As far as the draft goes I somewhat agree with you as of now.

1. Okung (was a Berry Bandwagoner before today)
    2a. Hughes
    2b. Cam Thomas
    3. Nate Allen (really underrated safety, miracle if he gets out of the second, wouldn't mind Shipley either, but he could sneak into the second)
    4. Pat Angerer
    5. Danario Alexander (got to get a WR somewhere, just so many good options at other spots earlier in the draft)
    6. Brandon Banks (if he comes close to CJ's 40 record, could be electric like Desean Jackson and Percy Harvin)
    I like your mock a lot.

I hope Banks has a good combine. He checked in at 5'7" 149 lbs yesterday. I'd love to see an NFL player that small.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    ESPN was saying today that Dansby was looking to become one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL.
    Sounds like the Dolphins are very interested in Dansby as well.
    Will Karlos Dansby Sign with the Miami Dolphins? | Bleacher Report
    Last edited by Coach; 02-27-2010 at 01:26 AM.

I would liek to see Defense or Okung

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast