Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boone was a monster in the middle

Hybrid View

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Boone was a monster in the middle

i havent seen this good of a dt since the days of big dan. i hope he can keep it up. when allen gets back, with haili and dj or edwards we should get somekind of a rush.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Yeah, he looked really good today. I loved the sack and then the run-stuff on back to back plays. The defense looked good up until they were too tired to stop the long drive that iced it. The blocking was better than it has been in the preseason and Sammie Parker seemed like he has stepped it up some going into the regular season too. This kicker could really be a problem, though. We will have to see.

The o-line needs to clean up all the false starts but some of the calls in today's game were just total BS. I don't know how Tony G can get offensive pass interference when he's not even the one catching the ball and he's over 5 yards away from the play. They didn't show a replay of that or a suspect catch on a key drive for the Texans. If that had been a Chiefs receiver, they would have ran the replay a thousand times to make sure he actually caught the ball but instead, we got one quick look from a bad angle and that was it.

The fumbles are what really killed us, though. Those completed the shift of momentum that began when Medlock missed his first kick. I hate to lose, but I think we will be okay. The Chiefs are still getting it together right now. Hopefully it doesn't take all season.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Yeah, he looked really good today. I loved the sack and then the run-stuff on back to back plays. The defense looked good up until they were too tired to stop the long drive that iced it. The blocking was better than it has been in the preseason and Sammie Parker seemed like he has stepped it up some going into the regular season too. This kicker could really be a problem, though. We will have to see.

The o-line needs to clean up all the false starts but some of the calls in today's game were just total BS. I don't know how Tony G can get offensive pass interference when he's not even the one catching the ball and he's over 5 yards away from the play. They didn't show a replay of that or a suspect catch on a key drive for the Texans. If that had been a Chiefs receiver, they would have ran the replay a thousand times to make sure he actually caught the ball but instead, we got one quick look from a bad angle and that was it.

The fumbles are what really killed us, though. Those completed the shift of momentum that began when Medlock missed his first kick. I hate to lose, but I think we will be okay. The Chiefs are still getting it together right now. Hopefully it doesn't take all season.
    Exactly! I came away from the game feeling like we could go 0-16, but I wasn't able to see the first half when there was some actual defensive positives in which to glean from this otherwise miserable showing.

Wanna talk BS calls? Kris Wilson's "fumble" for a TD return at the start of the 3rd quarter. AMAZING. The guy had the ball for less than a fourth of a second and never did a thing. There was no "football move" in there. Total crap.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

According to the refs a "football move" is when you clearly have possession of the ball and make a move. In this case, Wilson turned around just to get hit. They see that as a football move, thus fumble. Kind of lame, but oh well.
    I wasn't impressed with the Texans offense at all really. Oooh, one play where they caught even the camera man off guard with the play action for a TD. That hurt, but even the best defenses give up a TD like that. The only other good drive they had was that one where they got intercepted by Paige in the endzone and the one at the end of the game when our defense was dead tired.
    All in all, one thing remains constant. I think LJ said it best after the game, same old BS play calling from preseason. He said it last year, and he's still saying it along with a lot of us. Herm, Solari, whoever is running the show, show some guts and throw the ball down the field. Who knows, you may just end up with a completion, like the pass to Bowe!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    According to the refs a "football move" is when you clearly have possession of the ball and make a move. In this case, Wilson turned around just to get hit. They see that as a football move, thus fumble. Kind of lame, but oh well.
    I wasn't impressed with the Texans offense at all really. Oooh, one play where they caught even the camera man off guard with the play action for a TD. That hurt, but even the best defenses give up a TD like that. The only other good drive they had was that one where they got intercepted by Paige in the endzone and the one at the end of the game when our defense was dead tired.
    All in all, one thing remains constant. I think LJ said it best after the game, same old BS play calling from preseason. He said it last year, and he's still saying it along with a lot of us. Herm, Solari, whoever is running the show, show some guts and throw the ball down the field. Who knows, you may just end up with a completion, like the pass to Bowe!
    Even throwing to Bowe down the field 25+ yards for an incompletion actually creates oppty. That keeps the defense honest and forces them to cheat a safety towards the outside. (Bowe is hard to bring down one-on-one. By pulling a safey to the outside you force a LB in coverage on either TG or LJ. Which is a huge mismatch. Then instead of averaging 6-7 yards per catch LJ or TG will average double that. Additionally if you keep the defense honest the O-line looks better and the running game improves. You control the ball, and your defense looks better. The old adage "The best defense is a good offense" actually has some friggin' wisdom and truth behind it...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    ...The old adage "The best defense is a good offense" actually has some friggin' wisdom and truth behind it...
    I thought it was the best offense is a good defense???

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I thought it was the best offense is a good defense???
    Why can't the Chiefs be at good on both for a change? I feel like I'm on a sea-saw.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Boone and the other defensive guys did an good job. It's not there fault that they were out there for as long as they were. In my opinion they only gave up one TD and a field goal. The other scores weren't their fault.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the defense let a 15 play around 10 minute possesion in the secound half. how many 1st downs did they give up? that is an average defense at best. i just hope they dont let Grossman look like the second coming of Montana.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast