Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boldin available for a 2nd rounder?

Default Boldin available for a 2nd rounder?

What do you think? Would Boldin be worth one of our second round picks or do we have too many other gaps to fill first?

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    One players doesn't make a team, but 1 player sure as hell can make a team better. Randy Moss was a huge reason behind the success of the 07' Patriots and was a big reason they went 16-0 that year. Another WR they gained through trade (Wes Welker) also contributed right away and helped make them a better football team.

We're a team that needs players that can contribute to our team and Boldin is certainly one of those players. He's a pro bowl WR and is someone that instantly improves our offense. I don't think our 2b pick is giving up too much for him if a longer term deal can be reached with him and he passes our physical evaluations.
    Yes, but I just don't see how you can even compare the two situations. The Patriots were already contenders and traded for a veteran to boost them even further. We won 4 games last season.

We are probably realistically at least 2 seasons from being legitimate contenders in a best case scenario. Boldin would be 32 going on 33 at that point. I just don't see how this move would make sense for us.

If we were a fringe playoff team last season, I would be all for it. But we need young players to build around IMO, not more aging veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Yes, but I just don't see how you can even compare the two situations. The Patriots were already contenders and traded for a veteran to boost them even further. We won 4 games last season.

We are probably realistically at least 2 seasons from being legitimate contenders in a best case scenario. Boldin would be 32 going on 33 at that point. I just don't see how this move would make sense for us.

If we were a fringe playoff team last season, I would be all for it. But we need young players to build around IMO, not more aging veterans.
    We need both. A good part of the reason we have been as bad as we have been is that we went young far to young. We are young enough that adding a vet or to would not hurt us any. We cant just sign vets or rookies we need both.

Aging vets can be help to a team to. Ya they probley wont have the great seasons that they once had but they can be some help.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We need both. A good part of the reason we have been as bad as we have been is that we went young far to young. We are young enough that adding a vet or to would not hurt us any. We cant just sign vets or rookies we need both.

Aging vets can be help to a team to. Ya they probley wont have the great seasons that they once had but they can be some help.
    I tend to agree here. Herm tried the whole youth movement thing and look how it turned out. A late second round pick isn't that big of a price to pay for a pro-bowl quality receiver who could give us 4-5 good years. You pick your poison, take a chance on injury or a potential bust on a young unproven player. I'd go with the former in this case, I'm sure the management wouldn't pursue him if they weren't confident in his health and would be great to have not only around the young guys but as a immediate tool for a struggling Cassel.

Thanks Aussie!

WR is no doubt a need for this team.

Whoever suggested a 3rd and a 5th for him is right on.
    I agree also with the we need to hold on to as many draft picks as we can mentality, but we sure could use a number 1 that can hold onto the ball.

He could also be a great teacher for the young receivers we've got
    and look at his numbers when it was just him before larry fitzgerald got there they were big time
    This guy is a player
    all that being said no way Pioli pulls the trigger on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobcrack View Post
    Bowe, Boldin, and Chambers. That sounds like a very solid receiving corps to me. I would give pick 2b for a group like this.
    Did we resign Chambers? If not he is a fre agent and might not be back. Then we are looking at Bowe and nobody else.

My concern about Boldin wouldn't be his age as much as it would be his injury history. With that said our 2B pick would not be awful. 2nd round picks aren't guaranteed starters.

Let's take a look at our past 2nd round picks:
    2008 - CB - Brandon Flowers
    2007 - DT - Turk McBride
    2006 - S - Bernard Pollard
    2004 - DT - Junior Siavii, TE - Kris Wilson
    2003 - LB - Kawika Mitchell
    2002 - DT - Eddie Freeman
    2000 - DB - William Bartee

How many of those players are better than Anquon Boldin? 1, maybe.

Boldin and Bowe, the Killer B's. Who knows? Maybe that trade might work.
    Our 2010 Draft would look something like:
    1. Okung
    2a. Cody
    2b. Boldin -WR

That could be our best 1st day haul in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Let's take a look at our past 2nd round picks:
    2008 - CB - Brandon Flowers
    2007 - DT - Turk McBride
    2006 - S - Bernard Pollard
    2004 - DT - Junior Siavii, TE - Kris Wilson
    2003 - LB - Kawika Mitchell
    2002 - DT - Eddie Freeman
    2000 - DB - William Bartee
    Oh man, if only we could have Pollard and Mitchell Back.

Thanks Aussie!

Wow. Surprising posts here. We have two second round picks and all we have to do is give one up for Anquan Boldin?

Seriously. This is a no brainer.

We almost set the all time record for dropped passes last year and our offense could never get into a rhythm because of it. It wasn't the only reason we lost so many games, but it was a huge contributor.

We have a young QB with a million yards of potential in front of him. Something has to be done now.

Anquan Boldin uses route running, hands and toughness to succeed, age is not even an issue with a player like him. He ran a 4.8 40 yard dash at the combine. The guy wasn't fast when he was young, and he caught 100 passes his rookie year. His style is ageless.

He is an animal that happens to have a suitcase full of attributes that the Chiefs current wide receiving core has no clue about. Toughness, focus, determination, consistency and reliability.

You bring this cat in for a physical and if he passes everything, you trade for him. Thats it.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

If a 30 year old, injury prone, wide receiver with a bad attitude and a documented sideline fight with our head coach was worth a 2nd round pick to this team, the deal would've been done by now. Arizona is smokin crack if they think they're gonna get a 2nd for him.

A mid to late 3rd would be the HIGHEST I'd pay for him... and even that is pushing it. Our first 4 picks in the draft are WAY too valuable to this team to spend one on an aging #2 or #3 WR.

As much as we need a veteran WR, I'd hate to think we traded Tony G. for Boldin.

If we could do a third I would feel better. We do have a lot of holes to fill and with Boldin we know what we have.

I would consider a 2nd round pick in 2011.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast