Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boldin available for a 2nd rounder?

Default Boldin available for a 2nd rounder?

What do you think? Would Boldin be worth one of our second round picks or do we have too many other gaps to fill first?

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If a 30 year old, injury prone, wide receiver with a bad attitude and a documented sideline fight with our head coach was worth a 2nd round pick to this team, the deal would've been done by now. Arizona is smokin crack if they think they're gonna get a 2nd for him.

A mid to late 3rd would be the HIGHEST I'd pay for him... and even that is pushing it. Our first 4 picks in the draft are WAY too valuable to this team to spend one on an aging #2 or #3 WR.
    Boldin is a 2nd or 3rd in your book?
    He's a number one on our team from day 1
    The reason you dont want him is becasue he got into an argument with Haley on the sideline. He must be a malcontent- ohh so Kurt Warner is also a malcontent not a team guy huh

His bad attitude comes from him asking for more money? This guy didnt miss games he plays hurt

I just dont understand why anyone on this board would think twice about trading for Boldin Especailly if we could get him for our 3rd or maybe our 2nd and they add a draft pick on their end.

Just my opinion

We don't need Boldin. The Patriots built their team without getting new players at the same position every 5 days. We need to keep most of the players we have. We don't need to bring in a new guy to replace another guy everday.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We don't need Boldin. The Patriots built their team without getting new players at the same position every 5 days. We need to keep most of the players we have. We don't need to bring in a new guy to replace another guy everday.
    WR is a place were we do need help. We need guys that can catch the ball. Boldin is a guy that could do that. I dont think its a move we should give up a ton for but its for sure a move that we have to consider doing.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    WR is a place were we do need help. We need guys that can catch the ball. Boldin is a guy that could do that. I dont think its a move we should give up a ton for but its for sure a move that we have to consider doing.
    We don't need a WR that bad. We need an offensive line to block, time to devleop the Wr's we have now...and we need some serious defense.

Sure, it would be cool to have him, but I am not willing to give up a much need draft pick for an often injured player.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

We don't need a WR that bad. We need an offensive line to block, time to devleop the Wr's we have now...and we need some serious defense.

Sure, it would be cool to have him, but I am not willing to give up a much need draft pick for an often injured player.
    Yeah seriously. If we can re-sign Chambers, Bowe and Chambers are definitely an above average starting WR duo. I'm excited to see them play a full 16 games together. Hell I'm even excited to see Lance Long with a year of experience under his belt.

It's really all about getting an offensive line in place right now so Cassel can actually get the ball to these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

It's really all about getting an offensive line in place right now so Cassel can actually get the ball to these guys.
    I agree that the OL needs to improve in the off-season. Cassell needs to get some protection before we turn him into a happy-footed QB for life.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I'd give up our 2b pick for him. Boldin is a pro bowl caliber receiver and he's someone who knows Haley's offense. A WR tandem of Bowe and Boldin would be one of the better and more physical WR tandems in the league and would be another piece of the puzzle towards creating a great offense.

I agree. He was a number 2 in Arizona and produced.

Wr is not a MAJOR need i would agree with that but it is a need. We saw way to many drops last season to not do anything. We do need some help. The price for Boldin would be to high but I would love to see us sign someone that can help.

everyone saying we should give up our second rounder for Boldin should think about this...

We got that pick for trading away tony gonzalez. Now I ask you...does Boldin give the Chiefs something that Tony g didn't? he is an aging star who has a long history of injury.

tony is an aging hall of famer who has shown minimal loss in production and zero injury history.

We can do a LOT better than boldin for our second round pick.

really, you're telling me that last year you would have traded Tony gonzalez for Anquan Boldin, knowing that you wouldn't actually get Bodin on the field until the 2010/2011 season? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I would consider a 2nd round pick in 2011.
    A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2011??

Attention people:

BOLDIN WAS A SECOND ROUND PICK.

the enormous value for second rounders make them possibly the most valuable way to acquire new players. Low cost, high reward, good percentage of success.

Why on earth would you spend a second round pick, a potential 10 year pro bowler (and yes, potential bust. shut up) on a player who injury and age dictate will be out of the league in one season?

THINK ABOUT THIS.

god, some people want Pioli to run the Chiefs like a fantasy league. boldin will not be in the NFL anymore in 5 years. Would you draft a player, knowing that he intended to quit the game in 3-5 years? No! Then why would you go get Boldin?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast