Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boldin available for a 2nd rounder?

Default Boldin available for a 2nd rounder?

What do you think? Would Boldin be worth one of our second round picks or do we have too many other gaps to fill first?

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I'd give up our 2b pick for him. Boldin is a pro bowl caliber receiver and he's someone who knows Haley's offense. A WR tandem of Bowe and Boldin would be one of the better and more physical WR tandems in the league and would be another piece of the puzzle towards creating a great offense.
    I agree not only bowe and boldin but add chambers and i think we would have the best wr group in the league! i like that move!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    everyone saying we should give up our second rounder for Boldin should think about this...

We got that pick for trading away tony gonzalez. Now I ask you...does Boldin give the Chiefs something that Tony g didn't? he is an aging star who has a long history of injury.

tony is an aging hall of famer who has shown minimal loss in production and zero injury history.

We can do a LOT better than boldin for our second round pick.

really, you're telling me that last year you would have traded Tony gonzalez for Anquan Boldin, knowing that you wouldn't actually get Bodin on the field until the 2010/2011 season? No thanks.
    That's not really a good approach to viewing this scenario.

Most people hated the TG trade as it was. And will dislike anything you try to compare as compensation.

Most people here will think that we were vastly undercompensated in that deal.

Now, I rank our need at WR very low. But would have to strongly consider Boldin for 2nd round pick. He is just too good, and just young enough, I think, to become a part of a championship team in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2011??

Attention people:

BOLDIN WAS A SECOND ROUND PICK.

the enormous value for second rounders make them possibly the most valuable way to acquire new players. Low cost, high reward, good percentage of success.

Why on earth would you spend a second round pick, a potential 10 year pro bowler (and yes, potential bust. shut up) on a player who injury and age dictate will be out of the league in one season?

THINK ABOUT THIS.

god, some people want Pioli to run the Chiefs like a fantasy league. boldin will not be in the NFL anymore in 5 years. Would you draft a player, knowing that he intended to quit the game in 3-5 years? No! Then why would you go get Boldin?
    Thats the only reason I would consider the move. I would not love the move if we had to give up a 2nd rounder but I just dont think its a horrible idea. The fact is we NEED help at the WR spot. You dont bring back the same crop of recivers that lead the NFL in drops and by a wide margin. I would like to see us draft a guy at that spot. But i would also like to see us bring in a proven guy. Boldin would be off the team in 5 years your right there but so would a bust. We would be better off bringing in a good solid reciver IMO. I just want some help at reciver thats not a rookie. We would not gain anything from doing nothing and ending up with a bust. So I think we should bring in someone weather thats boldin or not i dont realy care just someone and drafting a guy and takeing your chances.

For the record, I'd be completely on board acquiring Boldin for a 3rd rounder.

I would agree with a third rounder for Boldin.

I would like that move. We have extra picks giveing one for a good WR for a few years would be worth that pick IMO.

Boldin > Shipley with our 3rd round pick. I wouldn't LOVE this trade but I wouldn't hate it either.

But, like I said, the Cardinals are smoking crack if they thought they'd get a 2nd round pick for Boldin. The Chiefs' 3rd rounder would probably be the closest thing to a 2nd rounder that they'd get.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Boldin > Shipley with our 3rd round pick. I wouldn't LOVE this trade but I wouldn't hate it either.

But, like I said, the Cardinals are smoking crack if they thought they'd get a 2nd round pick for Boldin. The Chiefs' 3rd rounder would probably be the closest thing to a 2nd rounder that they'd get.
    Yep, and we would get, a talented, skilled, aggressive WR, already knows what the NFL is all about, or we could draft a WR with this pick, and then we have a rookie to teach, train, and wait to see if he becomes a NFL player, we have done so well of that, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I don't think they were that crazy to expect a 2nd round pick for him. I mean look at what Roy Williams went for (a 1st, 3rd, and 6th). Granted Williams was younger that Boldin is, but still that was a hell of a lot for a WR.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast