Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when the music's boring!

Default This is what happens when the music's boring!

Too many beers sitting instead of up and dancing! Yep, that's what happens when the music is boring...I sit & socialize more than I dance = more beer = headache = I shoulda stayed in bed this morning!

I don't mind a bit of Disco thrown in the mix by a DJ...but 95% Disco just ain't fun to dance to over & over & over again. "Don't try to take me to a Disco, you'll never even get me out on the floor! In ten minutes I'll be late for the door I like that old time Rock n' Roll!"

Come to think of it...I'm not sure if my headache is a result of too many beers, or repetition in Disco music, or the really BAD voices of those trying to sing at Karoke = fingernails on a chalkboard! lol

I went out last night with friends to celebrate a friends birthday. I'm grateful for the opportunity, just not for the continuous Disco music choices of the DJ at the bar we went to, lol.

Question...if a guy, who's a local casual aquaintance...tells me in general conversation, that there's a bar he like's to hang out at often in a nearby town, and it has really good food and Rock music he thinks I'd like dancing to, and he'll have to take me there sometime...what exactly does that mean if anything? Is it safe to assume he's just being friendly? I'm somewhat naive at single life.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

1. You should have suggested going to see the Chip and Dale dancers for your friends birthday.

2. Never assume a guy who's a good friend is merely asking you to a bar just to be friendly; but if in doubt just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    1. You should have suggested going to see the Chip and Dale dancers for your friends birthday.

2. Never assume a guy who's a good friend is merely asking you to a bar just to be friendly; but if in doubt just ask.

Nah, "Chip and Dale" dancer's aren't my idea of having fun. I'm different like that, my girl friends tell me I'm not normal, haha. I'm sure there are nice personalities among them, but most guy's I've known, or even gal's for that matter...who obsess that much about their physical appearance, are often vain and self centered personalities.

I dunno, I've been like that ever since I started liking boys...the pretty picture perfect boy's didn't do much for me. Something bug's me about a guy who shaves his chest and has glow in the dark teeth, lol.

Sorry in advance to any here who might fall into that category, nothing personal, haha.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

Regarding #2, lol...he's not a "good friend", just someone I've known casually. However, the last few times I've been out he's been around, and we've ended up chatting a bit. Last night we danced to a Kid Rock song I finally requested the DJ play, haha. I asked him to dance just for fun, he was the first guy I saw I knew, lol. He approached me later & asked me to dance...I wasn't in to the music, politely declined, so he sat for about a half hour & chatted with me. That's when the "I'll have to take you there sometime"...bar conversation occurred.

I think why I'm questioning the conversation...is I found it a bit odd because he's yrs younger. Why would a 35ish yr old guy wanna take a 53 yr old woman to a bar to dance & eat? That would be like taking your mom wouldn't it?

He also told me any time I needed help around my house just to ask him. He said he noticed the snow on my drive wasn't bladed this winter, and said he was gonna come over & blade it for me, but couldn't get his blade working, or something.

Maybe he's just feeling bad for me cause I'm alone? Being nice? I dunno, just found it odd I guess, not sure what to think, haha.

Well, I do not know what to say about the intentions of this guy, but I know what my intentions are, with you Connie,

it has something to do with

and most important!!!!!!!!!

at the niner game!!!!!!

Tailgating and enjoying A Chiefs game at Arrowhead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well, I do not know what to say about the intentions of this guy, but I know what my intentions are, with you Connie,

it has something to do with

and most important!!!!!!!!!

at the niner game!!!!!!

Tailgating and enjoying A Chiefs game at Arrowhead!!!
    Well DUH!! I didn't need help figuring that one out!

I tend to think he's just a nice guy who want's to be a friend. No jivin...this sort of thing really confuses the heck out of me sometimes. I think my kids & friends have me doubting my instincts, they're always telling me I'm naive and too trusting. They think the boogie man's gonna get me I guess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Nah, "Chip and Dale" dancer's aren't my idea of having fun. I'm different like that, my girl friends tell me I'm not normal, haha. I'm sure there are nice personalities among them, but most guy's I've known, or even gal's for that matter...who obsess that much about their physical appearance, are often vain and self centered personalities.

I dunno, I've been like that ever since I started liking boys...the pretty picture perfect boy's didn't do much for me. Something bug's me about a guy who shaves his chest and has glow in the dark teeth, lol.

Sorry in advance to any here who might fall into that category, nothing personal, haha.
    HA! Good point.

Regarding #2, lol...he's not a "good friend", just someone I've known casually. However, the last few times I've been out he's been around, and we've ended up chatting a bit. Last night we danced to a Kid Rock song I finally requested the DJ play, haha. I asked him to dance just for fun, he was the first guy I saw I knew, lol. He approached me later & asked me to dance...I wasn't in to the music, politely declined, so he sat for about a half hour & chatted with me. That's when the "I'll have to take you there sometime"...bar conversation occurred.

I think why I'm questioning the conversation...is I found it a bit odd because he's yrs younger. Why would a 35ish yr old guy wanna take a 53 yr old woman to a bar to dance & eat? That would be like taking your mom wouldn't it?

He also told me any time I needed help around my house just to ask him. He said he noticed the snow on my drive wasn't bladed this winter, and said he was gonna come over & blade it for me, but couldn't get his blade working, or something.

Maybe he's just feeling bad for me cause I'm alone? Being nice? I dunno, just found it odd I guess, not sure what to think, haha.
    I guess it;'s hard to know anyone's true intent or motivations. I think the best any of us can do is what we feel in our hearts is best.

Honestly, I'm more worried I may have given him the wrong impression of my intentions, haha. Heck, I get along well with all age's, some of my son's friends consider me their friend & vice versa. I'm too old to feel this damn young I guess, lol.

I asked him to dance, maybe I shouldn't have. I wasn't being forward or intentionally flirty, just wanted to dance...he was the first guy I saw I knew, haha. A few minutes later he asked me to dance, then sat down & initiated the conversation in question.

It IS difficult to read intentions at times, both ways, haha. When I was married and went out partying I could ask a guy to dance & he wouldn't think anything of it...he knew I was very married, that's not the case now. Maybe I should start considering that fact when I ask a guy to dance?

This guy has a reputation of being a really nice guy, grew up around here. It's just I don't understand why he wouldn't prefer to take a gal closer to his age along. I should've just asked him that, I was caught off guard, haha. I guess if he calls I'll just ask him 'why me', haha.

Honestly, I'm more worried I may have given him the wrong impression of my intentions, haha. Heck, I get along well with all age's, some of my son's friends consider me their friend & vice versa. I'm too old to feel this damn young I guess, lol.

I asked him to dance, maybe I shouldn't have. I wasn't being forward or intentionally flirty, just wanted to dance...he was the first guy I saw I knew, haha. A few minutes later he asked me to dance, then sat down & initiated the conversation in question.

It IS difficult to read intentions at times, both ways, haha. When I was married and went out partying I could ask a guy to dance & he wouldn't think anything of it...he knew I was very married, that's not the case now. Maybe I should start considering that fact when I ask a guy to dance?

This guy has a reputation of being a really nice guy, grew up around here. It's just I don't understand why he wouldn't prefer to take a gal closer to his age along. I should've just asked him that, I was caught off guard, haha. I guess if he calls I'll just ask him 'why me', haha.

Hey Kiddo, yer only as old, or young, as ya feel.

The best advice I can think to give ya is not to lose any sleep over analyzing the situation. :)

Nah...won't lose any sleep, just bother's me some that I might have unintentionally gave the wrong impression. I think I've developed worrywart issues due to winter cabin fever and nothing better to do, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast